test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nopada arena - mature mugato

peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Anyone able to to defeat it with anything other than a tac captain specced into melee?

My engineer doesn't stand a chance against it, even with polyalloy weave armor.
"Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
Post edited by peter1z9 on

Comments

• mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use the Enemy Neutralization kit, deploy your Mines and Bomb, use Fuze Armor to move away from the Mugato. User your Cover Shield like you "oh TRIBBLE" button.

Or even more easy, search a corner, put your back against it, deploy your Cover Shield, you will be stuck BUT the Mugato can't reach you there, so you can deploy your Mines and Bomb, they will spawn in the other side of your Cover and voila!. Wait a few seconds until your Cover despawns and you're free.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • turks1turks1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am an Eng captain and I ended up just kiting it around the arena. My health slowly regened whenI was kiting it...so when I got to 50% I turned, beat on him some more, then ran again when I droped below 25%...was a long fight, but doable.
    I'm a lover not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter so don't get any ideas...
  • miramortalemiramortale Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    Anyone able to to defeat it with anything other than a tac captain specced into melee?

My engineer doesn't stand a chance against it, even with polyalloy weave armor.

Ahhh! I ran into this the other day, and stared in disbelief as people told me it wasn't that hard. Then while running it again, I found the cause as to why.

...You're supposed to have help in the arena. The Reman with you at the beginning is supposed to run out with you, and help defeat your foes.
    Apparently there's a glitch where he doesn't always go out into the arena with you, leaving you to solo the mugato. (which, while not impossible, is a pain in the keister.)
  • xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having the same issue, try to circle around it and get flanking damage
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh? People actually have trouble with this thing? I'm a sci cap and I can easily cut it to ribbons with just a sword.
    Then again, I've memorized the sword combos ages ago.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Science captain, beat it without using one heal. Trick is using the combos, it shaves off health real fast.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahhh! I ran into this the other day, and stared in disbelief as people told me it wasn't that hard. Then while running it again, I found the cause as to why.

...You're supposed to have help in the arena. The Reman with you at the beginning is supposed to run out with you, and help defeat your foes.
    Apparently there's a glitch where he doesn't always go out into the arena with you, leaving you to solo the mugato. (which, while not impossible, is a pain in the keister.)

Probably this. It's not that bad if the NPC is helping.
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya, I was by myself. I was finally able to beat the mugato.

It turns out that the Mugato's primary attack is pretty slow, so if you circle it fast enough you will avoid the majority of its attacks. I beat it by using a lirpa and endlessly strafed around it while just swinging away. Once I had the technique down it was actually a pretty fun fight.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • mikells1988mikells1988 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For the people that have talked about kits and skills, you can't use ANY equipment in the arena. No kit abilities, no captain abilities, nothing but the godforsaken melee weapon. That said, I had no problem on my Tac or Eng. Going through it on my Sci now ... is another story. I've spent an hour and a half trying. I know all the slashy stuff by heart, but I still can't manage it.

I've been skilling up purely as support, which is partly my issue since I have no talents in Weapon Proficiency, which might actually help me. The only thing I can think of that'll get me through the mission (since I don't like skipping) is going back to ESD, using my free respec to give me the extra damage, then going back after the mission and blowing zen on another respec to go back to how I've been levelling >< That's ... irritating to even consider.

Dodging is doing TRIBBLE all. I still get hit by the DK pound and the omnomnom moves it throws at me. Kiting does EFF ALL since I'm not getting any health regen, while the Mugato is, and those godforsaken plants aren't even pickable (which I distinctly remember them being in every fight). The combos just aren't bringing it down ><
  • aidinnoaidinno Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Found it difficult, trying to dodge etc until I simply repeated the combo 2,1,2 on the standard weapon setup with a Lirpa. Didn't enjoy the encounter but at least it worked.
  • cbiz1983cbiz1983 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I've tried like 17 times in a row with my sci rear admiral upper half character and I've started yelling at the screen. Combos in effect, no matter how often I dodge and circle, I always end up underneath the mugie. I hate how slow my health regens compared to its health and the fact that it gets the ranged pound and I get a few seconds of sprint before my dude has to apparently catch his breath. (screeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam). I noticed you can eat a few replicated items - before - you actually charge it after your respawn and sometimes I get the option of clicking scientific thinking just as I respawn, but that only lasts so long before I'm mugie dinner again.

I haven't skipped any portion of any mission yet. I'm seriously considering doing it now.

:: edit::

ok so 15 minutes later, I aborted the mission by going back up to the ship in frustration, then restarted the arena getting to choose a new weapon (while still retaining the bat'leth). After hearing that Slamek (the other prisoner) is glitchy and doesn't always go with you, I basically waited in that corridor until he moved out into the arena ahead of me. This made ALL the difference. With two of us, the mugato was down in moments.
    45bEibx.jpg