test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many attempts; please try again later. Can't Login! Please Help

I felt too tired so I didn't play much tonight, I fell asleep with the game on and my axe bottle which was near my keyboard fell over and it was pressing on the enter button for hours. When I woke up the game was logged out and it said "Too many attempts, please try again later" It must have been pressing enter for hours with no password entered.

When will I be able to play again? Or I can't?
Post edited by maximusdecimus88 on

Comments

• askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I felt too tired so I didn't play much tonight, I fell asleep with the game on and my axe bottle which was near my keyboard fell over and it was pressing on the enter button for hours. When I woke up the game was logged out and it said "Too many attempts, please try again later" It must have been pressing enter for hours with no password entered.

When will I be able to play again? Or I can't?

It should only take a few hours for it to kick you back and allow you to login :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are people who can't legitimately get into STO since the patch and YOU think this is funny? I sure don't!

I'm disappointed there is nobody on the STO team that is even commenting on the issue. It happens EVERY TIME THERE IS AN UPDATE! So if this is so common, then WHY ISN'T THERE AN FAQ?
  • neptis01neptis01 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    um i cannot even log in to the game after the maintenance. all im getting is "Cannot connect to account linking server, please restart the launcher and try again." and no matter howmenny times i do as instructed i still get that anunsment. what could the problem be.

this may not be the right thread but i cant make threads
  • rubicatelosrubicatelos Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    but happened on the 1st attempt of the evening
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    but happened on the 1st attempt of the evening

That doesn't mean someone else (for whatever reason) was attempting to hack your account and triggered a lockout as a result. You probably want to e-mail PWE/Cryptic support.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm having this issue, I've sent a ticket to support. Have yet to receive anything from them as a reply.

This honestly is frustrating, as I was patching the game ALL NIGHT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This happened to me last night after the emergency maintenance, sadly my case isn't just a matter of login tries.

After getting constant flags that my password was wrong (it isn't), I decided to change my old username to the full email address I use, and then changed both the launcher and arc account passwords.

All this has accomplished at this point is to make my old account totally locked out on my end, I put in a ticket, but as far as I know at this point multiple toons, 1400+ days of gameplay and a lifetime account are now gone.

This isn't my old @sig name, that sig was @horseshoer, I bought my LT account when the game launched, and the routing for account issues just seems to go in circles.

No idea how long this will take to get worked out, but if 1400 days are gone, after all this time I probably wont bother.

They either screwed up somewhere royaly or it's been TRIBBLE.

Every time I log in now I have no toons at all, and am directed to make my first toon, frustrating is a good description.

I am the kind of busy at work guy who doesn't have the patience for these types of issues taking weeks, or even days to resolve, the clock is ticking.

I find it particularly baffling that my email address allowed me to create a new starter account I wasn't trying to create when it already had an existing account associated with it.
  • cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So now I am posting this in a text file so I dont lose my time again.

Shurk hopefully as long as you didnt delete any characters and know their names you will get them back - I had to fight with

PWE for over 3 months to get my account ported over from Cryptic - there is a Cryptic site that protects your account sub

info to I dont know if you had a Cryptic account to begin with as this seems to be why I cannot login myself again - says my

password doesnt work.

PLEASE PWE change the fact that our GAME CLIENT Name/PW information can be made different from our FORUM - this is so

hackable it isnt funny people hack forums all the time. In fact I have a Foundry character level 20 or 30 KDF and when I

start a New KDF Char for the foundry its only a cadet so someone TRIBBLE my account probly I also changed my password so many

times I am not changing it again like you did and get into this mess all over; I dont know why for the life of me know why

they link game accounts to forum accounts - stupid.
  • cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

I can use my email address and same PW and now I can login to both Arcgames and game client - Possible that old Cryptic users like me are having their usernames messed with in the database??? SO usernames not working for my one old converted Cryptic account - all my new PWE accounts are fine.

Hawkeyez
  • grimsqueaker1985grimsqueaker1985 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Logged in this morning, did my DOffs and such for half an our then logged out of the game. Just tried logging in to play and it says

"Too many attempts; please try again later"

Now, nobody else in the house plays STO and no-one else is even in and until just now, I haven't tried logging in since it worked fine this morning.

So what the heck is going on and why has the launcher suddenly thrown a hissy fit?

:confused:
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hawk -

Like it was told to you before there was an account linking when PWE and Cryptic joined forces and it was years ago with months of advanced notice before it was forced.

As for the forums using the same login and password as the game, that's standard across every mmo. It's not more hackable at all.

Anything else for the linking of account issues you will need to contact PWE using the support link.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113