test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pixel Shader Compilation Failure

aikuchiiaikuchii Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I haven't logged on to Tribble in a long time, not since LoR came out, but I decided to check out the new lvl cap increase and loaded it up. The problem is that at the LoR loading screen I get a "Pixel Shader Compilation Failure" error at the bottom and when it is done loading everything looks like I am trying to play STO on a Playstation 1, the graphics are just horrible. I have fiddle with all the settings in the options and restarted it many times, including force verify, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It is only Tribble with this problem, Holodeck runs just fine.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107200888857234966573/albums/6051647684187615249?authkey=COfchLaulLG3Og
Post edited by aikuchii on

Comments

• Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can confirm this as well. Only occurs on Tribble during initial loading.
  • Options
    bioskyline1bioskyline1 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    same here, gonna have to get use to ps1 graphics
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Confirmed issue on MAC Client as well.

*UPDATE*

This also seems to be happening in NeverWinter forums.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?730921-pixel-shader-compilation-failure/page5
  • Options
    miamiviceroymiamiviceroy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've noticed that message, too, although my graphics seem to be running a tiny bit better.

I've got a feeling it's related to the issue we've been working on here...

Since that appears to be a DX11 issue, it makes sense to me that it would affect the shaders as well.
    (Apologies if that's a "Captain Obvioius" statement; just thinking out loud here.)
  • Options
    aikuchiiaikuchii Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just logged in to Tribble and I was still having the same PS1 issue, so I fiddled with the settings again and nothing worked. Then I notice the reset botton on the bottom left of the display tab and wal-la everything is back to normal, just had to reset to default to getting it working again. Hopes this helps.
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately, the reset did not work for me.

MacBook Pro Retina Late 2012
  • Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm still seeing this after today's patch (9/16/14)

I think that the point at which that Pixel Failure Bar appears on the bottom of the screen occasionally triggers very short video driver crashes for me (6 seconds or so but it sorts itself out and plays on no problem).

I'm using a 2012 HP Laptop with Windows 7, an i7 Quad-Core and an NVIDIA 650M Graphics Card
  • Options
    devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I get the same error message when loading Tribble. I'm not sure, but I think it may have something to do with why Tribble keeps crashing on me. My computer specs are below.

iMac
    Mac OS X 10.9.4
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    (Apologies if that's a "Captain Obvious" statement; just thinking out loud here.)

You called?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I get the same error, sometimes the video driver layer even crashes, so reports Windows 7, but then immediately relaunches, and everything is fine I continue onto tribble and play like nothing even happened.

If you're getting the "ps1 graphics", I think the main problem might be the "interface scale" slider option in the first options panel. I have no idea why, but this is always set by default to like 0.6 or something, and it makes the game look completely horrible all the time. Set it back to 1.0, bam, everything is back to perfectly normal.
  • Options
    andrew1707andrew1707 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I contacted Cryptic regarding this, but none of their ideas worked. This only happened with the upgrade. I hope that they actually address it.