test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Skill and Catalysts

ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
I think there is still a bug going on here about the R&D System. Lemme see if I can try to explain what's going on.

Whenever I craft VR components (usually I try to craft a set of five of them to make good use of catalysts), on my current level (Beams lvl 17) I get about a 21% chance to have a critical and 79% of success. Meaning I could get 15 or just 5 components from it. But when I use 2x +50 Skill catalysts, according the the chart I should get about 49% of critical and 51% of success (almost a 50/50).

Now to the bug: Before I start the assignment the R&D skill I have (Base + Doff + Catalysts) shows 170 + 130, and after the assignment is started the R&D skill shows sometimes just 170 +30 and sometimes 170 +130, also sometimes I get a critical with that mission showing just +30 and sometimes I also not get a critical but the skill shows +130. And since I craft two or three times per day (and always use 2x +50 catalysts) and seeing that my results are not even 50/50 in between critical and non-criticals this is what i believe its happening"

The systems not only rolls a dice to decide whether or not you will get a critical (which is OK and working as intended according to the numbers shown before the assignment starts), but also rolls a dice on whether or not your catalysts will intervene in the crafting (explaining why sometimes its missing the +100 in my R&D skill after i start crafting the item). I don't think its just a visual bug since I've noticed both scenarios (where my catalysts actually intervene and give me +100 skill and when they are desconsidered). And that could also explain the reason why I'm not getting 50/50 in critical and non critical results, since when the system decides my catalysts work i get the 50/50, and if they are not working i get about 20/80. On overall from the last 50 crafts I've done I've gotten about 15 criticals and 35 non-criticals.

Please fix this bug since it really makes catalysts worthless for use in the R&D system, since the system always consumes them but their effect is sometimes trashed.
Post edited by ravagerborg on

Comments

• walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You're absolutely right that there is a bug here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1179481

So far not a peep from anyone on it though.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone else experienced this?? If you have plz say so so the Devs acknowledge this problem. Thx
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everyone experiences it - just most don't notice it...

EDIT: Misunderstood - thought you were talking about the bug where BOFFs skill doesn't contribute as much as it says it should.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Uping thread, still no one has noticed the bug?
  • kolarkortarkolarkortar Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i to have noticed this , i got my own up for crafting for the science schools very rare components and even tho it said 50/50 every time i did not get a crit and under details it says i am only +30 even tho i put two +50 catalysts in it
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The crafting system still has a lot of bugs to sort out, but unfortunately, since the shift to exp 2, frost seems to have gone MIA on the bug verifying department.