test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2nd RP Roundtable?

bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Captain's Table (RP)
Does anyone know if it is happening?
R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Had a small chat with Varzec a few days ago and he has no plans to run one. But it doesn't stop you from setting something up if you so desire.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well then, I best get to it. The plans will be released on this thread shortly.
    R E M A I N

• warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If it'll help the community, the 26th can handle it. Let me know if you'd rather we take care of it.
  • varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
    edited February 2014
    IF the community wanting this I can certainly see about setting it up again.

I just started posting a blog on priorityonepocdast.com to be an alternative way to generate community discussion on the topics of Role Play in Star Trek Online.

Ill communicate with with the new community leads tomorrow, unless someone beat me to it.
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • maelstromvortexmaelstromvortex Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In my opinion, one of the largest hurdles we have is finding a way for rpers of the factions to interact without having to jump through hoops. Interaction in public areas like DS9 is often interrupted and messy. Star bases are good, but isolated to a particular fleet.
    edited February 2014
    maelstromvortex, what fleet are you associated with?
    R E M A I N

edited February 2014
    I'm with the House of Beautiful Orions.
    edited February 2014
    It is well, just making sure. Though, I have been looking for a Gorn themed RP fleet, in order to echo the Narendra Agreement/Typhon Pact theme that my fleet already has going for it, since we rolepay a remnant of the Romulan Star Empire ((Tal Prai'ex)).
    R E M A I N

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Actually, the Second already happened. And the problem with that was how that majority of the topics were simply reposts of requests from the First Roundtable. Only myself and a few others had anything new to ask.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited February 2014
    In my opinion, one of the largest hurdles we have is finding a way for rpers of the factions to interact without having to jump through hoops. Interaction in public areas like DS9 is often interrupted and messy. Star bases are good, but isolated to a particular fleet.

Using the DS9 Ready Room from "Second Wave" would be nice.
    R E M A I N

edited February 2014
    You can invite cross faction onto your Bridge, so feel free to use your 10-Forward. Goodness knows, your ship's interiour never gets used anyway, so give it a reason to exist.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi,

I would LOVE some more information on Role Playing in Star Trek Online. If anyone can help point me in the direction of who to contact / how to get involved... I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you and Take Care!
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
    edited February 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    You can invite cross faction onto your Bridge, so feel free to use your 10-Forward. Goodness knows, your ship's interiour never gets used anyway, so give it a reason to exist.

Dining/bar-room rp gets boring very quickly. Unless you're dinner.
    edited February 2014
    Cross faction diplomacy, culture clashes, race issues, and awkwardly quoting Shakespeare, all while RPing dinner? Count me in.
    R E M A I N

edited March 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Actually, the Second already happened. And the problem with that was how that majority of the topics were simply reposts of requests from the First Roundtable. Only myself and a few others had anything new to ask.
    Huh? No one mentioned this. When did it happen?
    R E M A I N

edited March 2014
    markjames1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I would LOVE some more information on Role Playing in Star Trek Online. If anyone can help point me in the direction of who to contact / how to get involved... I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you and Take Care!

You should ask around, but as for Federation RPers, I highly reccomend the 26th Fleet.
    R E M A I N

edited March 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Huh? No one mentioned this. When did it happen?
    It happened exactly one year ago, March 2nd, to be exact. And it was held at the Hathon Fountain, which gave Bajor some much needed reason for existing.
    edited March 2014
    That is strange, no one who participated in the 1st RP Roundtable told me that a 2nd had already happened. Have I been hoodwinked?
    R E M A I N

edited March 2014
    I don't know who is in your contacts list, so I cannot speak for them. But I can honestly tell you that I myself was at both Roundtables, and I noticed that 90% of the topics brought up in the second Roundtable were simply repeats of the first Roundtable. I think that is why a third never happened. If a third Roundtable were to happen, it would be nothing more than the same topics over and over and over, like no one paid any attention the first times (so in all honesty, you didn't miss anything). The only real difference was a change of location. The first was held at Risa, and the second was held at Bajor.

Here is the link to the blog stating the exact time and location.
    edited June 2014
    I know this is way late and I apologize. The "Second Roundtable" was made about a month after the first one. We created it because the weekend of the First One Brandon, the community manager at the time, had an unexpected circumstance and could not make it. But yes, it was a repeat of the same info, but Brandon was able to be there to take notes.

There will be a RP Roundtable 2014, I am currently working with Smirk to set down a date for it.
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • alesiam1alesiam1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Varzec,
    Hey add me to your friendslist and please let me know when this next roundtable will be.
    I would like to include my fleet and an ally fleet.
    We are also rp and would like to connect with some of the other rp fleets.

Errant@alesiam1
    100px-arrogance_logo.png
    Fleet Eclipse Intel Cruiser
    edited August 2014
    I apolgozize that this hasn't come into fruition yet. My life has been crazy and its just been difficult in narrowing down the time to do this and with the expansion comnig im sure its hard to narrow down a time with Smirk to do this as well.
    original.jpg?1521423860