test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for upcoming level cap increase

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
The new specialization system may result in captains wishing to adjust their skill point allocation.

As a suggestion a free retrain token for each character on Gold and Lifetime accounts might be a nice one-off addition and could help people transition in to the new system.

Thoughts, anyone?
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a lifetimer, and I don't feel like we need any more perks.

I'll never say no to a new Veteran Reward, but I don't think it's necessary.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's been talk of them revamping space combat. If that does indeed happen, a free respec token is most likely going to come with that patch, since a major overhaul like that usually garners said token.

Which will probably be the least of the forums' worries, as a major overhaul like that will spark ... eh ... LIVELY? ... lively debate.

But yeah, there's likely a token coming down the pipe when they get around to their overhaul. Which may happen after the launch, but still be part of the expansion's later stages.

That's pure speculation on my part. But there has been talk from Adjudicator Hawk that an overhaul is being considered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's been talk of them revamping space combat. If that does indeed happen, a free respec token is most likely going to come with that patch, since a major overhaul like that usually garners said token.

Which will probably be the least of the forums' worries, as a major overhaul like that will spark ... eh ... LIVELY? ... lively debate.

But yeah, there's likely a token coming down the pipe when they get around to their overhaul. Which may happen after the launch, but still be part of the expansion's later stages.

That's pure speculation on my part. But there has been talk from Adjudicator Hawk that an overhaul is being considered.

Hmm. Very interesting Mr Bond! It's the first I've heard of this. I'd agree it would turn this place on it's head.
  • docsantinodocsantino Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I'm a lifetimer, and I don't feel like we need any more perks.

I'll never say no to a new Veteran Reward, but I don't think it's necessary.

Yeah, what I was really looking forward to with this level cap increase was some much-needed skills points to use on the existing tree. This game has so many skills that need tons of skill points. I really don't see the need to switch to a different advancement system until you go past level 70. Beyond level 70, you'd start getting too much overlap.

Here I was, getting all exited and making plans on where to put those much-needed skill points...and then I found out we're not getting any. Total buzz-kill.

All I wanted, as a player and paying customer, was some extra skill points for the existing tree. I would be comfortable with this specialization tree IN ADDITION TO skill points for the existing skill tree...NOT a replacement for it...not yet.

Ugh, these "improvements." I really wish Cryptic would just ask us what we want and put it to a vote. It's bad enough that my friend and fleetmate quit playing STO after they nerfed the rep system. Then my second-in-command went MIA. Kinda hard to run a fleet when your fleetmates lose the incentive to play with each "upgrade." If the level-cap increase is implemented without those extra skill points for the existing skill tree, even I would lose interest in playing...and I'm the fleet owner!

Cryptic, if you're reading this, please include skill points for the existing skill tree with the Delta Rising expansion.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The new specialization system may result in captains wishing to adjust their skill point allocation.

As a suggestion a free retrain token for each character on Gold and Lifetime accounts might be a nice one-off addition and could help people transition in to the new system.

Thoughts, anyone?

Wouldn't gold members and LTS get a free retrain token anyway?

Retrain tokens are rewards to toons in gold and LTS player accounts when they reach a new rank. Therefore, when your level 50 Vice Admiral reaches level 60 Fleet Admiral that toon should receive a free retrain token.