test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Odyssey uniform options?

jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Academy
Hey everyone, I have a weird question:

I'm trying to use the Odyssey uniform, but it looks like I only have the standard one (no tactical, dress, etc.). Is this normal? Does anyone know how to get all the Odyssey uniform options?

Many thanks! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
Post edited by jonbre on

Comments

• sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonbre wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I have a weird question:

I'm trying to use the Odyssey uniform, but it looks like I only have the standard one (no tactical, dress, etc.). Is this normal? Does anyone know how to get all the Odyssey uniform options?

Many thanks! :)

You can buy the others from the fleet tailor.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also, the 'long jacket' version is a 200-Day and Lifetime Subscription bonus.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the quick responses! I will go to my Fleet Tailor.

The only problem I foresee is that only one of my characters is in a Fleet!

If I buy the ones I like from the Fleet Tailor with that character, will those options be unlocked for all my other characters?

Thanks, again! I've been away too long and I'm a total mess!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
  • guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Unfortunately fleet uniforms are per-character unlocks, so you will only have them available on those characters with whom you make your purchases with.
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's too bad! I'm not surprised, though.

Thanks again everyone for the responses! Hopefully, if someone else has the same problem/question, they can refer to this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonbre wrote: »
    That's too bad! I'm not surprised, though.

Thanks again everyone for the responses! Hopefully, if someone else has the same problem/question, they can refer to this thread.

Well you don't need provisions to buy the uniforms, just fleet credits and dilithium so all you really need is an invite to a T3 starbase with the tailor.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You don't have to be in a fleet to wear the uniforms, you just have to be in a fleet to buy them, so you could simply join a fleet with your alts, buy them the uniforms and leave the fleet and be able to wear them.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    belidos wrote: »
    You don't have to be in a fleet to wear the uniforms, you just have to be in a fleet to buy them, so you could simply join a fleet with your alts, buy them the uniforms and leave the fleet and be able to wear them.

You don't actually have to be in a Fleet, you just need an invite to a Fleet Starbase with the Tailor unlocked. There are many Fleets that offer unlimited access to their holdings, a quick question in chat will usually get several offers.

However you DO need Fleet Credits, and Dil to purchase them. Dil is easy enough, but Fleet Credits are difficult (impossible?) to come by, unless you have contributed to a Fleet Project, so for that you will need to be in a Fleet.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got my FED dressed in those tact uniforms made one for Medic Ground and Medic Tact Ground. Got the entire bridge officers dressed by the dept. their in also. Really looks neat and a sharp! I would like to get the dress uniform also, but FC is hard to get I see. FM easy..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    You don't actually have to be in a Fleet, you just need an invite to a Fleet Starbase with the Tailor unlocked. There are many Fleets that offer unlimited access to their holdings, a quick question in chat will usually get several offers.

However you DO need Fleet Credits, and Dil to purchase them. Dil is easy enough, but Fleet Credits are difficult (impossible?) to come by, unless you have contributed to a Fleet Project, so for that you will need to be in a Fleet.

A fair number of smaller fleets will give temporary invites to people who have fleet marks and/or dil and are willing to trade those for something else (often ec or keys). I have a mercenary character with half a million fleet credits who is not in a fleet but simply sells marks and doffs this way from time to time.