test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble is Temporarily Down

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Then it just did a 2GB Patch to Holodeck folder and Live works, but not Tribble. Still the file not found error. :confused::mad:

Access to Tribble server is TEMPORARILY DOWN! You can't log into it for the time being. They are still working on adding stuff to it. And it's possible a file may be missing for now. Just be patient. They're working to get it back up and running and when they do we will have a little new Delta Rising stuff to check out. :)

I'm excited too and trying not to go crazy waiting for Tribble to come back up. :D (well, crazier than I already am)
    edited August 2014
    Access to Tribble server is TEMPORARILY DOWN! You can't log into it for the time being. They are still working on adding stuff to it. And it's possible a file may be missing for now. Just be patient. They're working to get it back up and running and when they do we will have a little new Delta Rising stuff to check out. :)

I'm excited too and trying not to go crazy waiting for Tribble to come back up. :D (well, crazier than I already am)

I'm pretty sure that Tribble is going to be unavailable for a couple of days at this point.

:cool:
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited August 2014
    vampirial wrote: »
    come on guys, we are all friends here lets not cause a scene. I wonder when the DR pack will hit Tribble for testing and whether it will have the tier 6 ships for test straight away or if they wait until a later patch.

Usually new ships go straight to Holodeck and never get tested on Tribble and they fix/balance them after they go live.

If they do decide to let us test the new T6 ships it probably won't come until a much later patch and we won't have much time to test them before DR launches. I'm guessing if anything, maybe a week or 2 of testing if they allow it.

But you never know what Cryptic will pull out of their a..., uh, hat. ;)
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2014
    OK, just finished a 6GB patch for Tribble after deleting the ENTIRE Playtest Directory.

Took almost 8 hours....

After creating a 14GB Playtest directory, I get the error that it cannot start the game client cause a file is missing.

WTH!!!
    :mad:

Step 1a): Launch Arc and Launch STO
    Step 1b): Open the STO launcher
    Step 2: Hit "Options"
    Step 3: Select "Force Verify"
    Step 4: Click on "Save"
    Step 5: Click on "Tribble"
    Step 6: Let the launcer verify that all files are present and download any missing files
    Step 7: *eat popcorn*
    edited August 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that Tribble is going to be unavailable for a couple of days at this point.

And I'm pretty sure I'm male, but Cryptic has proven the players can be wrong sometimes. :cool:

Wait......:eek:

*Patiently waits for Tribble server to come back up* OOh it's so exciting. It's like having a steering wheel stuck in me pants: it's driving me nuts. ;)
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2014

Sir... You ARE correct!!!
    @fluffy07563 @JanDarkrider @trekonlinegame Tribble's gonna be closed a few days while we dust out the tachyons. Stay tuned.

Guys!!! Guys!!! Tribble is not up Yet, you can patch it but, but Access to it IS STILL DOWN and will not come up until a few days have passed!!! Let's all calm down and if you have the means, patch Tribble now and just wait for it to go up again... :)
    edited August 2014
    And I'm pretty sure I'm male, but Cryptic has proven the players can be wrong sometimes. :cool:

Wait......:eek:

*Patiently waits for Tribble server to come back up* OOh it's so exciting. It's like having a steering wheel stuck in me pants: it's driving me nuts. ;)

I don't knowww...

That's looks an awful lot like a female macaque to me in yer pic.

• bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2014

this first patch is prolly only the code we won't have any X2 stuff for about a week just to make sure the code does not break anything already in game.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    WOW!

I just got a new machine, TRIBBLE is a 14-Gb DL now!!! :eek:

Started at 16:15... Finished at.... 16:49.

(knowing my T/W internet connection, it'll probably be sometime just before D.R. hits the game <chuckle>)

Not as bad as I thought.

You should move to the villages of Ravena or Coxsackie south of Alb... It's quiet down here and I have fiber to the home through StateTel (no Verizon) 40 down/4 up... ZERO congestion.
    edited August 2014
    You should move to the villages of Ravena or Coxsackie south of Alb... It's quiet down here and I have fiber to the home through StateTel (no Verizon) 40 down/4 up... ZERO congestion.

Heh... I've never really had the desire to live in a town whose main industry/employer is a rather large "State Correctional Facility".

That much razor wire in one place, makes me nervous.

Not that living in a slowly dying city, is all that much better.
    But at least here in Schenectady, the criminals are your friendly neighbors.

• phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Heh... I've never really had the desire to live in a town whose main industry/employer is a rather large "State Correctional Facility".

That much razor wire in one place, makes me nervous.

Not that living in a slowly dying city, is all that much better.
    But at least here in Schenectady, the criminals are your friendly neighbors.

Ha! I can understand where you are coming from about that Prison. I prefer to live next to the giant mercury spewing smoke stack at the cement plant in Ravena... The mercury is worth it to be that little bit closer to shopping and the office... :D
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Got a 50mb patch.
  • oneofnine1oneofnine1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bring on the tribble:D
    edited August 2014
    oneofnine1 wrote: »
    Bring on the tribble:D

TRIBBLE is in TROUBLE and will be TRANSITORILY nonexistent TILL Cryptic TRANSCENDS the prevailing TRIBULATIONS and allows us to once again TRIAL Their TOILS.

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Usually new ships go straight to Holodeck and never get tested on Tribble and they fix/balance them after they go live.

If they do decide to let us test the new T6 ships it probably won't come until a much later patch and we won't have much time to test them before DR launches. I'm guessing if anything, maybe a week or 2 of testing if they allow it.

But you never know what Cryptic will pull out of their a..., uh, hat. ;)

That's been true for the most part, except the last expansion. In LoR we got weeks to use the ships before they went live, and they actually listened to some of the feedback in tweaking them. Expansions are not like normal content pushes, you can't take anything for granted.
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    LoR gave us all of the release Romulan ships back when you could only level to 20 in the Tribble CB. I remember leaking the ship stats at the time onto Reddit.

The stats weren't right but the models were there.
  • diggingcrumpetdiggingcrumpet Member Posts: 88 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Any ETA provided on when Tribble will be back???
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any ETA provided on when Tribble will be back???

Few days.

Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Because if we don't provide it, there's NO chance it'll matter. Whereas if we DO provide it, there is at least a sliver of a chance. You can't win if you don't play.
    Well, it's true you can't win if you don't play, but on the other hand, playing and not winning is even more of a waste than not playing at all: If you don't play, you don't win, but you expend no effort in doing so. If you play and don't win anyway, then you've just wasted effort for nothing. Acting without a solid plan for success is worse than not acting at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Very easily. They can shut down testing perm except for a select group of people that are under severe NDA restrictions.

I'm all for this, seriously testing would go a lot better without most the people who think they know how to test, most people are actually useless at it.

I mean the fact my mate and myself had to make a video edit to disprove everything everyone was saying about the rep revamp is ridiculous. I don't mind going to the effort to make them but it shouldn't be because us good testers have to shout louder to be heard over the incessantly useless testers.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Very easily. They can shut down testing perm except for a select group of people that are under severe NDA restrictions.

I'd be another one in favor of this, as for the reasons stated above by Tarastheslayer, also it might help stop the constant release it and Nerf it trend we've been seeing as of late.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For the most part, I go to Tribble to get previews of the new stuff before it hits the live server.
    Just so I know whether to get really excited, minorly interested or not interested at all.

Testing it on the other hand, that can be a bit tricky.
    Sometimes it's impossible to get item X or test mission Y.
    So you can't really test it until after a month or two on the live server and it's about then that the players find the bugs/problems.

My concern at the moment is that the story content is not being deployed to Tribble so we don't learn the spoilers before it goes to live server.
    If it can't be tested by the players adequately, then it's going to be buggy as heck when it goes to the live server!

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    when i go to test something i always want to know what the expected outcome would be and then test it to see if everything checks out towards that end, if it complies and reaches the expected result a few times, then it works and i can say its fine otherwise its full of holes and they can accept or ignore it. however there was a developer on tribble during the first day the 8472 stuff got released on tribble, playing vicious cycle, i had no idea what this dev was expecting, i asked a question if the map is as expected while playing through it because without knosing what, i had nothing to reference to exactly what the dev was looking for. if it was a specific bug that couldnt be tracked down during design but a fresh set of eyes may get to it or what.

other times i hit tribble to just get a feel for whats next, but that doesnt last very long and the rest of tribble after that is just downloading the data needed for later on holo.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tilarta wrote: »
    My concern at the moment is that the story content is not being deployed to Tribble so we don't learn the spoilers before it goes to live server.
    If it can't be tested by the players adequately, then it's going to be buggy as heck when it goes to the live server!

my concern is how can one get into DQ without some dialogue and backdrop to the next part, its like building a brand new car without the newly released car schematics to work from, you got nothing to base your testing results on. but if the storyline has to be added, i would rather it be done with a competent group of testers outside the team, there are some on this forum who im sure would be very suitable for the role and wouldnt give away secrets under nda contract; iconians, doffingcomrade, daveyny, generalmoco, ridddickxxx and a number of others for example. the rest of the stuff could just be released to everyone else to test without the backdrop however the team would mention that a small group of 100 players are testing out this aspect under nda restrictions, that would then leave the rest of us to try find something to report on, but again what without a reference.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • reaperevolutionsreaperevolutions Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you can even see Tribble in your launcher, Count yourselves as lucky. when the open Tribble for testing again i will still have to update, where as you people have done most of it.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    how would those testers be decided though? if it was through the pay 2 win method such as vet/gold account access, your problem would not only not get fixed, it'd get even worse, since most people who pay for mmos are pretty bad at games, who throw money to be able to win against competent players, while their ships are full of injuries and 10 copies of the most useless powers ever.

you'd obviously need some way to choose testers, something i doubt cryptic would do with anyone from this forum.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    arrmateys wrote: »
    how would those testers be decided though? if it was through the pay 2 win method such as vet/gold account access, your problem would not only not get fixed, it'd get even worse, since most people who pay for mmos are pretty bad at games, who throw money to be able to win against competent players, while their ships are full of injuries and 10 copies of the most useless powers ever.

you'd obviously need some way to choose testers, something i doubt cryptic would do with anyone from this forum.
    That's not pay to win, that's just show support for the game over time.

Also, if they did limit access to tribble, you'll just have to deal with it. It's happened before, and it can happen again. There's nothing you can do about it.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    egging them on with comments like
    doesn't help anyone's cause though. in fact, it might hurt everyone if they do decide to do it.

it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With the testing for romulan stuff last year. Only some of us were flagged for testing even though the server remained open for everyone.