test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plasma is invisible

notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
Like the titles says + is doing more damage than dhc now .
Post edited by notrealedna on

Comments

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what exactly...
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    exactly plasma.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Like the titles says + is doing more damage than dhc now .

plasma is an energy type... dhc is a weapon type. not sure what point
    you are trying to make
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Plasma particles ....thats from all types of plasma ...so plasma in general....from plasma dot to emergency warp plasma to all kinds of plasma like effects all are invisible.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sounds like your computer might have issues keeping up with the steadily advancing graphics requirements of the game. I know my old machine is getting almost unplayable. Last night I was on Qo'nos, and I saw a bat'leth get off the transporter and float down the hall. About the time I caught up with it, the computer got around to rendering the character it was attached to. :P I have noticed that in bigger fights, I often can't see plasma fires.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Sounds like your computer might have issues keeping up with the steadily advancing graphics requirements of the game. I know my old machine is getting almost unplayable. Last night I was on Qo'nos, and I saw a bat'leth get off the transporter and float down the hall. About the time I caught up with it, the computer got around to rendering the character it was attached to. :P I have noticed that in bigger fights, I often can't see plasma fires.

yea my gtx680 (latest drivers) and 3770k cpu are not up for the task ....

this happens all the time in pvp ...you only need 2 ships to pop plasma or have 1 plasma field and 1 plasma dot which also leaves a 10km trail behind your ship .There is no way to disable that.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yea my gtx680 (latest drivers) and 3770k cpu are not up for the task ....

this happens all the time in pvp ...you only need 2 ships to pop plasma or have 1 plasma field and 1 plasma dot which also leaves a 10km trail behind your ship .There is no way to disable that.

Yes, because warpplasma isnt one particle, its actually many many plasmafires (like those from plasmagrenades) together, which overloads the game graphic system.

But this isnt new. It was a standard pvp-tactic in S6 already. Overload the enemy and take him out when he has issues.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    But this isnt new. It was a standard pvp-tactic in S6 already. Overload the enemy and take him out when he has issues.

and I will report it monthly till they either remove all particle stuffs from game (you cant counter invisible stuffs) or actually fix the game.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Geforce GTX 650 here, I see Plasma just fine, phaser, disruptor, AntiProton, Polaron too, unless I'm in the middle of a major spam fest, assimilated carrier in CSE and Crystalline Entity in CCE come to mind. Then I get drop outs of some weapons until I change my viewing angle and some of the spam is out of my field of view.

Occasionally, when I change maps, it takes the game a few seconds to realize it and fill in all the surrounding details,... but generally speaking, I have no issues playing the game just fine, even with an "older" video card.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    you cant change maps in pvp.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you cant change maps in pvp.

Ya, so NOT what I meant. Changing maps, in this instance, means going from one place to another. From interior ship to external ship, is a map change. Going from system space, to planetary, is a map change. Any time you go from one location to another, that's a map change.

Occasionally, when I change maps it takes a second to fill in the details of the new location. Once on in the new location, I have no trouble seeing every effect, unless there's a mega spam fest going on.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited August 2014
    Not all special effects appear on my engine too; GeForce GTX 480.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    Not all special effects appear on my engine too; GeForce GTX 480.

I have a gtx570 i use for physX and its no difference with my main card or not.Im sure drivers and graphics cards are not the problem.Also tehre is no way to disable your team effects to reduce the spam...I mean you dont need to see your team's ewp ,theta and grav wells ...that also reduces the load on the graphic engine
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    have you tried turning down particle density in the grafic options?
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    have you tried turning down particle density in the grafic options?

In other mmos yes ...in sto theres no such option.THere is for physics objects not for particles .
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a friend that says he has the GeForce GTX 700 card, and that it is suppose to be a really good one. However, he is getting problems with some of the graphics disappearing also.

I don't know much about computers, or graphics cards, so I don't know if his card is really all that good to be honest.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GTX670FTW and 3770k here. I also have certain things disappear during big fights. Usually in Starbase Fleet defense and in CCE. A friend of mine with a lower end card doesn't have things disappear on him, in big fights, but also said his doesn't look near as good as mine on a grand scale. So, I think its just a matter that the new graphics are not optimized yet for higher end cards. Had the same problem in Planetside 2 until they optimized it. Now it plays just fine. Mine and higher cards I have seen on here that have problems in STO, can run PS2, BF4, ect with no problem, which are much more demanding on a GPU, so it's not a matter of not being able to handle it, it's just a matter of when they get the graphics to play nice with the cards. But, besides SFD and CCE, it looks amazing.
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This appears to be related to the problem in this thread, which has gotten the attention of a Dev (finally).

Check it out, and best of luck. :)
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    comic1996comic1996 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Plasma particles ....thats from all types of plasma ...so plasma in general....from plasma dot to emergency warp plasma to all kinds of plasma like effects all are invisible.

Plasma doesn't help you all the time in a fight, a good ship helps too.