test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chimera nacelles in Sector Space

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Federation Discussion
When I'm in local space, then go to warp to leave to sector space, the Chimera's warp nacelles pinch together and stretch out (doing the reverse when I leave sector space for local space). But when I enter sector space, the nacelles are spread out the way they were when I was in local space.
Post edited by predcon on

Comments

• Options
    rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, I've not this too.

It's annoying.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same thing with the Peghqu' and their nacelle extension, when you get to sector space they're back to normal.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All of the vet ships visuals are broken and have been for quite some time now.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    camenecius#5698 camenecius Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think it's ever shown correctly in sector space for any of the vet ships. That would be nice polish for the expansion. (hint, hint)

Generally the warp-out scenes could use some love so the ship is always in frame to show off those animations.

Oh, and I flew a D'deridex recently and half the time ended up *inside* the ship during the warp-out sequence. Some adjustment for ship size on warping out and even on default display would be nice, too. I feel waaay too intimate with any of the Big Rom ships that are zoomed all the way from time to time.
  • Options
    jindarojindaro Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't exactly recall, but there was a time when the animations were working maybe prior to LOR. There was a good deal of time when I wasn't at the helm of a Chimera during that period.

I'm guessing that when there was the release of Fleet grade Vet ships something got broken.

During the scenes where you warp in or out I can see the animation work, but the models when in sector space do not reflect the correct configuration.

I'm hoping that this get fixed as I'm almost always using the Chimera on one of my Captains nowadays and I personally like the looks of her, fat belly and all.
  • Options
    rigilgearwerksrigilgearwerks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I believe the animations became broken when the Dyson ships were introduced. Those ships' animations were also broken, and somewhere along the fixes for those ship, all ships that transform got affected.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This still at the bottom of the dev to-do list? :P
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I always found it strange that the ship was supposed to lose the quad configuration for warp travel. The whole point of the quad design was to make the ships look faster than ships with two nacelles.
    On the other hand, using the nacelles together in an elevated position would make sense at impulse power, since that would get them out of the way of the impulse exhausts in the saucer.
    Off topic, I know, but I had to point it out.