test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Questions,

1. Can anyone suggest good tutorial vids/threads for learning to use it?

2. Are the Voth and their War Dinos in the Editor?
Post edited by demaltzenburgerz on

Comments

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited August 2014

2. Are the Voth and their War Dinos in the Editor?

1 . StarbaseUGC.Com has a wealth of tutorials, and various links to help. there is also an attached chat room often full with experienced authors asking each other questions and being silly. They're like always there to answer and help.

Also in game there is the FoundryTalk chat channel.

2. yes, after a fashion but unfortunately you cannot control exactly what appears, and it's frustrating (at least to me) more often than not.

Hope to see you around.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    I wrote up an assessment here http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/news/voth-npc-group-test-report/#more-14688

That contains a breakdown of what types of voth have a chance of spawning in each group.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here's the link to the tutorial list on Starbase UGC. I recommend starting with PrimetimeUGC's Back to Basics series.

The Voth are available as NPC groups (i.e. things you can fight), however we don't have them as contacts and what appears in the groups is a little random.
  • demaltzenburgerzdemaltzenburgerz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Voth are available as NPC groups (i.e. things you can fight), however we don't have them as contacts and what appears in the groups is a little random.

That's okay. I just had an idea for a multi-species band of mercs/pirates for a mission is all. I wanted to throw the Voth and their dinos into the mix.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can, but remember that many enemy factions are also enemies with each other. So they'll fight with each other as much as with the player.
  • demaltzenburgerzdemaltzenburgerz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ugh, there's no way to get them to ally w/ each other? :-/ How am I supposed to do joint Romulan/Klingon teams, etc? X-S
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ugh, there's no way to get them to ally w/ each other? :-/ How am I supposed to do joint Romulan/Klingon teams, etc? X-S
    You can take two or three groups of the same faction but use different models/uniforms (forgot the name) per group or npc. This way it may look like three different groups. Only downside is that they all use the same weapon type and way to combat of the selected faction.

So, if you'll be using three KDF groups, you could mask them into:
    1) Group A is Undine.
    2) Group B is Romulan.
    3) Group C is Breen.

They'll still "see" eachother as KDF, they'll shoot with disruptors and behave like klinks do.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Here's a playlist of Kirkfat's back to basics series. I highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEMR5t3SpDsZNfBMB-MjV66Ybd8Ws_39Q
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • agarwaencranagarwaencran Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you can speak german, there is a very good 200-pages-manual from the german author "benalexander" (link)

I know, you ask for vids, but it is a good reference book :)