test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingons are cool...

rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Klingon Discussion
So, I've got a lvl 50 Fed and Rom (Both Tac), got most of the ships, in a good fleet but never really had an urge to try a Klingon toon, until now.

I thought while I'm waiting for DR to be released, I'd go Klingon, more specifically a Eng KDF.

It's GREAT! I'm really enjoying it, only invested about 90 mins, so I'm only on lvl 7 but so far:

I've killed my annoying Captain
Punched a screaming Ferengi (That was hilarious!)
Got a pet dog (Targ)

And the women seem hotter....but that could just be me being weird...

Klingons are cool, it's official!

:)
Post edited by rearll on

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Indeed they are, I have a lot of fun playing my Klingons as well. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself on the red side. :)

Just for the record - the pet you got is a combat Jackal Mastiff, while you can get a non-combat pet Targ by purchasing it from the C-Store or from the exchange.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2014
    Basically what a small group of us have been saying for years.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Those that don't play at least one KDF character are really missing out. The Fek'Ihri story arc is one of the best in the whole game.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Those that don't play at least one KDF character are really missing out. The Fek'Ihri story arc is one of the best in the whole game.

Well, you don't get to storm hell and kill Satan in the Fed and Rom storylines, that's for sure. Extra cool points if you have a Tac and use a melee kit to punch and kick him to death without using a fancy energy weapons.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rearll wrote: »
    So, I've got a lvl 50 Fed and Rom (Both Tac), got most of the ships, in a good fleet but never really had an urge to try a Klingon toon, until now.

I thought while I'm waiting for DR to be released, I'd go Klingon, more specifically a Eng KDF.

It's GREAT! I'm really enjoying it, only invested about 90 mins, so I'm only on lvl 7 but so far:

Got a pet dog (Targ)

Yeah...it was.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Got a pet dog (Targ)

Hey, your probably a closet machoist. Not here to judge bud.

Klingons are the black people of STO, I do not want to get into that. Wow...everything I was going to type sounds racist but is true...moving on
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The Roms have some good stories too, but i really wish my kdf aligned Roms could have run the Fek'Ihri arc, it is a truly awesome story.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I like the KDF faction a lot. Got a Tactical (flies BoPs) and an Engineer (flies cruisers).

Too bad this faction simply ignored by the vast majority of the STO community. I recommend you actually play the KDF faction instead of simply being one of the many Klingon Farmers out there who's only interest is farming for dilithium.

The KDF stands for Klingon Defense Force.

KDF does not mean Klingon Dilithium Farmer.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Well, you don't get to storm hell and kill Satan in the Fed and Rom storylines, that's for sure. Extra cool points if you have a Tac and use a melee kit to punch and kick him to death without using a fancy energy weapons.

Now that you're talking about the Fekh'lri it just comes to my mind that they could very well be the new fleet that is attacking the Delta Quadrant. We have no idea where they went to after the last Fekh'lri mission. It's obvious they're related to the Iconians somehow.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    seannewboy wrote: »
    The Roms have some good stories too, but i really wish my kdf aligned Roms could have run the Fek'Ihri arc, it is a truly awesome story.

I'm actually torn between my Romulan and Klingon characters right now. Just can't decide which one I like more. I love the Mogh battlecruiser. But I also love my Fleet T'varo and D'Deridex...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to make a note as well of the various species you can play on the KDF side being rather fun on the ground.

Klingons are of course just classic by themselves. Orions can use Seduce (a Confuse ability). Letheans have Rapture built in (an Exploit psionic attack that can sometimes give an unresistable stun) and can use Telekinesis if you want. Gorn have their powerful Bite attack. If you spend Zen, you can also get a Ferasan.

They might not be the most 'optimal' way of playing on the ground, but it is fun.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had started a few KDF alts over my time in the game but never could get into them. I finally committed to creating an alt I would like. So I now have a Lethean scientist, with a mostly Naussican senior staff, who will be soon flying a Gorn ship. I think that is all kinds of absurd there, but it is great.

My only disappointment is the Klingon specific story is so short. Overall it is very well done, but I think there are a few stinkers there. The big bummer is having to repeat content you've already done a few times too many before.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Congratulations! Welcome to the world of awesomeness, I have a gorn, ferasan and alien ( which I made into a Deferi ) & I love the kdf side.
    edited August 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I'd like to make a note as well of the various species you can play on the KDF side being rather fun on the ground.

Klingons are of course just classic by themselves. Orions can use Seduce (a Confuse ability). Letheans have Rapture built in (an Exploit psionic attack that can sometimes give an unresistable stun) and can use Telekinesis if you want. Gorn have their powerful Bite attack. If you spend Zen, you can also get a Ferasan.

They might not be the most 'optimal' way of playing on the ground, but it is fun.

You forgot the Nausicaans. They also get a nice melee & damage bonus on ground and are the only KDF species with a space trait.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    You forgot the Nausicaans. They also get a nice melee & damage bonus on ground and are the only KDF species with a space trait.

Letheans have one, too :o
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
    edited August 2014
    rezking wrote: »
    Letheans have one, too :o

Oh yeah, the 'efficient'. My bad. :o
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • valastsarranvalastsarran Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014

What he meant was the only *useful* KDF space trait available ... after all, who needs "Efficient" when you have the Plasmonic Leech? :D:cool::P

just sayin'
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Now that you're talking about the Fekh'lri it just comes to my mind that they could very well be the new fleet that is attacking the Delta Quadrant. We have no idea where they went to after the last Fekh'lri mission. It's obvious they're related to the Iconians somehow.

Would be intresting, although they may be the Hergh also from Klingon lore. I dour either though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    seannewboy wrote: »

They can. You won't get the Bat'leth but you can ask a KDF to launch the mission and you join it. They leave and you can continue it.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    trygvar13 wrote: »

I dunno. If the Fekh'lri are connected with the Hur'q, that would put them a good ways from their home turf (Gamma Quadrant).

But I guess that it's still possible. Especially if those Iconian TRIBBLE are somehow involved.
    edited August 2014
    Nah, it's not the Fek'ihri. That's a completely different story arc that will unfortuantely never get completed because it seems Cryptic has dropped the ball on faction specific content. Which is very sad and dissapointing by itself, but it's also sad that we'll probably never see the completion of the Fek'ihri storyline - according to many players one of the best story arcs in the game.

My money is on the Vaadwaur. They just reapeared in VOY, they were an old and proud civilization and they had those subspace-channel thingies (don't judge, I can't rememeber for the life of me how were they called and I'm to lazy to check :o), so that makes them suitable for the whole appear-dissapear thing they've hinted. They were also voted second on the poll, just after the Krenim, so there's that as well.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My money is on the Vaadwaur. They just reapeared in VOY, they were an old and proud civilization and they had those subspace-channel thingies (don't judge, I can't rememeber for the life of me how were they called and I'm to lazy to check :o), so that makes them suitable for the whole appear-dissapear thing they've hinted. They were also voted second on the poll, just after the Krenim, so there's that as well.

I believe they were referred to as "subspace corridors".

Also, what did happen to the Krenim? They got delayed to give us the Voth, and now that we're entering the Delta Quadrant you'd think they'd finally make an appearance. But they haven't been mentioned anywhere.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Op in my opinion the KDF has the most to offer the STO gamer. Our story line is now top notch, the items that the Federation covet are more easily accessable. Our doff missions are more lucrative, and when you succeed you get a feeling of pride that you can win at this game in spite of any road blocks that may be placed in front of you. If you fail, it is still just a game and can be played in many ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
    edited August 2014
    Also, what did happen to the Krenim? They got delayed to give us the Voth, and now that we're entering the Delta Quadrant you'd think they'd finally make an appearance. But they haven't been mentioned anywhere.

Nah, the Krenim were not delayed for the Voth, the Voth were already on the table when they made the poll about the Delta Quadrant species.
    I've got two assumptions about the Krenim - one is that they're holding them off as a big reveal for 'Delta Rising' in some future blog, the other one is that we won't be seeing them in 'Delta Rising' because the expansion will be used to open up the DQ and pave the way for the following season where the Krenim would be the centerpiece.
    qunlar2020 wrote: »
    Op in my opinion the KDF has the most to offer the STO gamer. Our story line is now top notch, the items that the Federation covet are more easily accessable. Our doff missions are more lucrative, and when you succeed you get a feeling of pride that you can win at this game in spite of any road blocks that may be placed in front of you. If you fail, it is still just a game and can be played in many ways.

I mostly agree with you, but I'd personally say that the KDF has the most to offer to the Star Trek fan. As a life-long ST fan, whenever I play Fed. I get totally weirded out. KDF feels more tame, more in place and belonging to the Star Trek universe.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love the KDF side. For craps and giggles I made an entire DROW captain and crew! They fly a B'Rel refit and it's just fun what you can do on the KDF side to feel more like a Merc than either of the other two factions.

KDF, you can definitely play fast and loose with the rules.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Qa'pla! and we have ridges!.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welcome to the awesome side. While the Romulan side was once my favorite, the KDF side has grown to become my favorite.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bllugh. I have many captains and tried to favor them all equally. It didn't work and acknowledge my main is Klingon and everyone else is an alt.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...snip...

Why yes, yes we are!
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Plus the Klingons have one of the best energy types as a default option
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius