test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can a KDF (non-Rom) get Reman/Romulan boffs?

stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Hey everybody,

Just like the thread title says...I have a Orion KDF and i was wondering if there was anyway i could get a Reman and a Romulan boff. I was mainly doing it to get the Infiltrator and Subterfuge traits. If i can get away with getting a Reman that has both of them thats fine. The second part which isnt as important is if i can also get a bunch of Romulans for SRO that would be nice too. However the SRO isnt a big deal, if i can just get 1 Reman for the Inf and Sub trait thats my main goal.

I did the quest in the vault and supposedly it rewards a reman boff. But this playthrough on this toon i didnt get it. On others i havent gotten it either, but i did get it a few times and it may have been on Romulan toons, so maybe they are the only ones that can get it?

I heard that my other option is to visit the embassy on New Romulus. But that looks like a fleet area, and i'm not in a fleet so i dont even know how that would work. In addition to getting into a fleet to get into the embassy how do i buy them? do i need to grind out my new romulus rep? do i also need to earn fleet marks to buy them? pretty much i want to know what i have to do to buy them and what kind of currency i use to buy them.

thanks!
Post edited by stonewbie on

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fleet embassy is the only place
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You need a fleet with the right tiered embassy to buy romulan boffs with sro. The reman you "can" get from the vault is only available during the rerun. And he has no space traits...wtf eh?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think you can get a Romulan purple torpedo recharge doff named Law from some mission, I think its on Neranda III or something like that. You are in some time and investigating in and around the city, I think there is a bar in the middle of it and its run by a Liberated Borg.
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You CAN get a Remen boff from that storyline of missions, but ONLY when it is a featured mission. You have missed the opporunity from last time and must wait for them to re-run that series as a featured mission. It happens from time to time.

However, even if you had him you'd know he doesn't give you the benefits of other Romulan boffs. He is a sci boff.

Rom TAC boffs have a trait -- if you get the right boff -- for Superior Romulan Operative. This grants critH to your ship when he is actively slotted. He can't be on your reserve list, he has to be actually used by the ship in and you are activating his powers in combat.

These SRO (Sup. Rom. Op.) boffs stack, so as many tac boff slots as you have, you can stack more of them. However, ENG and SCI boffs do not have this trait as an option.

The only real way is to get them from your embassy, which means grinding the embassy up to a level that allows them to be bought with fleet marks. They aren't cheap, either, and you can't really modify their uniforms either. It's something you do just for the crtH boost and not much else.

If you're KDF, also look at freely available Nausicaan boffs -- these have a space trait that gives a boost to damage (as opposed to SRO boost to crtH), but are much more readily available. They are found all over and you can search exchange for them.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

Just like the thread title says...I have a Orion KDF and i was wondering if there was anyway i could get a Reman and a Romulan boff. I was mainly doing it to get the Infiltrator and Subterfuge traits. If i can get away with getting a Reman that has both of them thats fine. The second part which isnt as important is if i can also get a bunch of Romulans for SRO that would be nice too. However the SRO isnt a big deal, if i can just get 1 Reman for the Inf and Sub trait thats my main goal.

I did the quest in the vault and supposedly it rewards a reman boff. But this playthrough on this toon i didnt get it. On others i havent gotten it either, but i did get it a few times and it may have been on Romulan toons, so maybe they are the only ones that can get it?

I heard that my other option is to visit the embassy on New Romulus. But that looks like a fleet area, and i'm not in a fleet so i dont even know how that would work. In addition to getting into a fleet to get into the embassy how do i buy them? do i need to grind out my new romulus rep? do i also need to earn fleet marks to buy them? pretty much i want to know what i have to do to buy them and what kind of currency i use to buy them.

thanks!

Wait for the Featured Episode rerun which i am sure we'll have prior to the launch of X2 (October). You can grab a Jem Hadar, Reman and Breen Boff from those.

If you want a reman Boff beyond that the only option is to purchase it in your Embassy.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My main is a Fed-Rom and my ship has 4 SRO and a Reman for Sup Inf. I know that SRO stacks, but i'm not looking for the SRO trait. Since this is a regular KDF toon that i'm working on now at the minimum i only want Superior Infiltrator and Subterfuge for the defense bonuses which according to gamepedia do not stack. If i'm lucky i can get 1 Reman boff which will have both of those, since Remans can have both Inf and Sub but Roms can only have Sub and Oper. If i can also get away with having all SRO on my regular KDF toon thats fine, but it's not really a priority. Reason is 1 boff i can easily get, but a full crew of 4 or 5 boffs with exactly the traits i want will be more time consuming and probably expensive to get.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out on the FE re-runs. But with the embassy is there anything special i have to do? I do have 1 alt that is in a fleet but my new romulus, omega, all faction reps are at zero. I just wandered around the New Romulus Embassy on her and all i saw was the officer of the day that gave me a daily. I checked my fleet interface under Holdings and it looks like our Embassy is at tier 3. I tried looking at the tabs in the Holdings section but either it is hidden or i am looking in the wrong place.
  • valastsarranvalastsarran Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    My main is a Fed-Rom and my ship has 4 SRO and a Reman for Sup Inf. I know that SRO stacks, but i'm not looking for the SRO trait. Since this is a regular KDF toon that i'm working on now at the minimum i only want Superior Infiltrator and Subterfuge for the defense bonuses which according to gamepedia do not stack. If i'm lucky i can get 1 Reman boff which will have both of those, since Remans can have both Inf and Sub but Roms can only have Sub and Oper. If i can also get away with having all SRO on my regular KDF toon thats fine, but it's not really a priority. Reason is 1 boff i can easily get, but a full crew of 4 or 5 boffs with exactly the traits i want will be more time consuming and probably expensive to get.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out on the FE re-runs. But with the embassy is there anything special i have to do? I do have 1 alt that is in a fleet but my new romulus, omega, all faction reps are at zero. I just wandered around the New Romulus Embassy on her and all i saw was the officer of the day that gave me a daily. I checked my fleet interface under Holdings and it looks like our Embassy is at tier 3. I tried looking at the tabs in the Holdings section but either it is hidden or i am looking in the wrong place.

There's an upstairs to that embassy ... and a downstairs as well. Upstairs can be found by going to the "sides" of the circular room and looking for stairs up. The downstairs portion is where you want to be and can be found in one of the halls branching off the main circular room, where there is a turbo lift to get there. From that point, go to one of the consoles (do not look for a "vendor") ... and the ones with Superior Romulan Operative traits are the rare (blue) male romulan tactical bridge officer.