test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What about that Romulan Exocomp doff?

abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
I'm curious.

4 months ago, Captain Smirk had promised us a fix for a second romulan exocomp doff.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16360101&postcount=273

Now that we have our second much awaited doff weekend, can we possibly enquire on the status of that promise?

Because as weary traveller as I am I went through the dangers of the galaxy into the Romulan Command naturally excited about the new purple doff on my roster.

And to my surprise I found none?
Post edited by abcde123123 on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I doubt it will happen.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think 4 months is plenty of time for a simple map update...

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited August 2014
    I am lending my support to this issue, whatever it is! Additionally, I am outraged that something has not been done about it! OUTRAGED!
    I AM WAR.
  • xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Second that: +1
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    I am lending my support to this issue, whatever it is! Additionally, I am outraged that something has not been done about it! OUTRAGED!

How's the Istvaanous life? trololol

But yeah, I'm sure glad they found the time to make sure we can hoard the marks boxes!!!!!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Uhm, Smirk, I'd like to have your opinion on this. Was it to soon to fix this? Did you decide it was better to not have the Romulan doff even mentioned anymore at New Romulus Command? In other words, shall we forget and drop the mission or still wait and hope?
    How's the Istvaanous life? trololol

Oh no, not on the forums as well now! :D
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rojal still broke

'before the next doff weekend' my foot
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now that we have our second much awaited doff weekend, can we possibly enquire on the status of that promise?

It's been fulfilled- they decided to just stick with the "Romulans = second-string" pseudo-faction bit, so now that the only DOff they get for this event is their allied faction's all is working as intended.

This is Cryptic...what, you expected something else?
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's been fulfilled- they decided to just stick with the "Romulans = second-string" pseudo-faction bit, so now that the only DOff they get for this event is their allied faction's all is working as intended.

No clearly people were expecting to 'double-dip' as the Fed/KDF Doff has been available to Romulan characters, by going to their respective Allies' Doff agent, for some time during the event...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously people....

go to the KDF or Fed academy and run the mission there. It's not broke. I got all my rom characters their exocomp doff today.
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Seriously people....

go to the KDF or Fed academy and run the mission there. It's not broke. I got all my rom characters their exocomp doff today.

Yeah it is. The exocomp is Fed faction. We were promised a Romulan faction doff.
    edited August 2014
    Seriously people....

Seriously, when do the Roms get their Romulan DOff as they were supposed to last time around? Yeah, exactly. Never, because that's how Cryptic "fixes" things. :rolleyes:
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously people....

Last time the event ran, there was a mission to get you allied faction doff, and one to get a Republic-specific one. The Republic one was glitched and unattainable, and Cryptic said they were so very sorry that they weren't able to fix it in time for the end of the event. Now the event has rolled around for a second time, and they have quietly swept the Republic-specific doff under the rug and are pretending that it never existed-rather than fixing the bug.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Last time the event ran, there was a mission to get you allied faction doff, and one to get a Republic-specific one. The Republic one was glitched and unattainable, and Cryptic said they were so very sorry that they weren't able to fix it in time for the end of the event. Now the event has rolled around for a second time, and they have quietly swept the Republic-specific doff under the rug and are pretending that it never existed-rather than fixing the bug.

Pretty much this.

When things are said like this, I can see how schedules can push things back.

However, all it takes is a bit of communication to allay the sensible majority.

But this fingers-in-the-ears-lalalalalala-cant-hear-you attitude is most unattractive on cryptics part.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously people....

https://i.imgur.com/mB8tdlU.jpg
    That look like an exocomp to you?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But wait...

Fed aligned Romulans have access to the purple quality exocomp doff and KDF aligned Romulans get a purple quality Reman doff. Both are Maintenance Engineers that buff batteries. And now, you want a Romulan Republic doff that does the same? Maybe I'm reading this thread wrong, Maybe I've missed something, but that would let Romulans get 2 free purple quality Maintenance Engineer doffs.

https://i.imgur.com/mB8tdlU.jpg
    That look like an exocomp to you?

This post doesn't even deserve a response, but... No, it is not an exocomp it's a Maintenance Engineer doff that does the exact same thing...

Post #1234 :)
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But wait...

Fed aligned Romulans have access to the purple quality exocomp doff and KDF aligned Romulans get a purple quality Reman doff. Both are Maintenance Engineers that buff batteries. And now, you want a Romulan Republic doff that does the same? Maybe I'm reading this thread wrong, Maybe I've missed something, but that would let Romulans get 2 free purple quality Maintenance Engineer doffs.

Duh you're missing something very important. Nobody's asking for 2 free purple maintenance engineers. I don't want the allied exocomp or reman doff - I want the Romulan doff - and if given the option I'd gladly trade my exocomp for it.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now I even cannot accept the mission on one of my toon. This is how Cryptic resolved the problem.
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014

What did I expect? Dunno... Something along the lines of:

"Dear customers, we love you, here's your second rommi purple exocomp"
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Duh you're missing something very important. Nobody's asking for 2 free purple maintenance engineers. I don't want the allied exocomp or reman doff - I want the Romulan doff - and if given the option I'd gladly trade my exocomp for it.

With the added wrinkle that this is an acknowledged issue from the last time they ran the event, a fix was promised and, instead, they've just removed the ability to get a pure RR doff.

I get that this sort of thing can be promised but, in all good faith, not be deliverable.

But can't Cryptic just get into the habit of putting their hand up now and then to things, instead of adopting the ostritch position?
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Isn't it obvious why it's gone?
    The overwhelming complexity of getting 100% more maintenance engineer doffs for RR characters coupled with the difficulty of navigating the vast labyrinth of New Romulus Command caused new players severe confusion and many of them quit the game altogether. Clearly, this obstacle had to be removed to improve the overall quality of the game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But wait...

...but that would let Romulans get 2 free purple quality Maintenance Engineer doffs.
    )
    Correct. That is what they had promised. Probably two to make up for constantly having just about every Doff mission be Federation-centric or KDF-centric shoved into the Romulans face.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited August 2014
    Maybe I'm reading this thread wrong, Maybe I've missed something, but that would let Romulans get 2 free purple quality Maintenance Engineer doffs.

No, you're just knee-jerking. Months ago when the problem first cropped up, no shortage of people turned up willing to trade their Fed/KDF DOffs in for their rightful Romulan ones, thus only getting the one. Then Cryptic "fixed" the issue with a broom and a rug.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    Correct. That is what they had promised. Probably two to make up for constantly having just about every Doff mission be Federation-centric or KDF-centric shoved into the Romulans face.

Or just plain not available.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    solemkof wrote: »
    Isn't it obvious why it's gone?
    The overwhelming complexity of getting 100% more maintenance engineer doffs for RR characters coupled with the difficulty of navigating the vast labyrinth of New Romulus Command caused new players severe confusion and many of them quit the game altogether. Clearly, this obstacle had to be removed to improve the overall quality of the game.
    Be careful, friend. With your tongue so firmly in cheek, you might end up biting it off. ;)

As someone else stated, I'd be perfectly happy to trade my Fed Exocomp/KDF Reman for the Liberated Borg Rom doff that we were promised. I've had that unresolved mission on my list, staring at me, for months. I"m tired of seeing it there, and really hoped that this weekend would allow me to complete it on my Rommies and go on my merry way. Especially since we were told that it was 'fixed' and just had to be implemented at the next doff weekend.

I'm a positive person and generally don't take the 'Cryptic is evil/stupid/incompetent/greedy' viewpoint, but this one really ticks me off. And the worst part is, this is a doff that I would probably never consider assigning to active status. I just want it because I prefer using Rom doffs to the furthest extent possible on my Rom characters. I would pay dilithium gladly to be able to grind down non-Rom doffs and get Rom doffs in return.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Romulans bi*ch a lot . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's one thing to ask about a feature that we were told about. The OP was a respectful and valid question.

It's quite another to start attacking the Devs because you didn't get the exact free DOFF you wanted.

If this thread continues down that road, it will be closed.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But wait...

What you're missing is that everything was set up for just that last event: Romulan players got two missions for Maintenance Engineers -- One in New Romulus Command, with a broken NPC contact, and one at their ally's Academy. The Romulan mission would have given a liberated Borg Romulan doff, had the NPC actually been present.

Personally, I'm completely fine with only getting one doff. I'd rather it be the Romulan for RP reasons alone, but apparently what they've done is just removed the Romulan mission and only let you get your ally's now. It's not the most elegant fix, so of course it has some people upset, even though the doffs are statistically identical.

Frankly, I'm getting tried of all the "fraction" comments when the Romulans typically get more than either "full" faction when it comes to doffing. Double the recruitment, double the R&D assistance, their own unique assignments and their ally's, their own boff recruitment and their ally's... "Fraction" indeed. I main a Romulan, anyone who can't see we get more out of the alliance setup than we lose is letting their RP cloud their judgment. Getting two doffs out of this just would've been yet another case of this, and that's exactly what would've happened if the NPC contact hadn't been broken in the first place.

Still would rather trade this Exocomp for a Romulan, though...
This discussion has been closed.