test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Automatic Dilithium Refining

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Academy
I've noticed for a while now that if I'm not online for a day or more, the game will have auto-refined the max of 8,000 Dilithium Ore for me once every 24hrs. Is this a recent addition, or is it something that Lifetime Subs/Gold Subs get?
Post edited by predcon on

Comments

• Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its is unique to Gold/Sub/LTS members get over f2p players.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you lucky sob! :(

f2p here :(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Sweet. Now, if only I could figure out why the "Refine additional 1,000 Dilithium" assignment has a timer of 48hrs.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    predcon wrote: »
    Sweet. Now, if only I could figure out why the "Refine additional 1,000 Dilithium" assignment has a timer of 48hrs.

it's a vetern thing, 500 extra a day. However if you wanna do 1000 a day, just get the other 500 from your fleet mine, where there's that miner doff guy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I know it's for veterans, I'm just wondering why it's a whole two days to finish.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You mean, lucky the ones who are f2p, and they didnt waste real money on the game?? :P i was gold ages ago, and the automatic refining feature never worked for me anyways xD. But since there was not real point on being a gold subscriber and i WOKE up, i stoped giving cryptic my money ages ago. And i am sooo happy to play this cheapy and lack of quality game without even using 1 cent on it :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You mean, lucky the ones who are f2p, and they didnt waste real money on the game?? :P i was gold ages ago, and the automatic refining feature never worked for me anyways xD. But since there was not real point on being a gold subscriber and i WOKE up, i stoped giving cryptic my money ages ago. And i am sooo happy to play this cheapy and lack of quality game without even using 1 cent on it :D

Didn't really ask for an editorial.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Question.... if you do not log in for multiple consecutive days, does the autorefine do 8,000 only, or 8,000 per day?...

Its 8,000 per day, up to a upper limit of 7 days of missed refining...
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, should we all bow down to your "intellgence" then? Sorry, but just because you don't like the game or how it's been run, that doesn't mean other players are going to be exactly like you... All you ever do, it seems, is whine about stuff... it gets old real fast.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, should we all bow down to your "intellgence" then? Sorry, but just because you don't like the game or how it's been run, that doesn't mean other players are going to be exactly like you... All you ever do, it seems, is whine about stuff... it gets old real fast.

Yes sir, of course. ;)
  • Options
    bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It maybe works for you but there are plenty of people paying subs it does not work for i have not manually refined in 4 days it comes up refining 0 dilitium, So no it does not work to make the claim it works means it works reliably its flaky to say the least.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014

If you ever plan on having multiple toons then I recommend that you consider subbing for 1 month. Paying the $15 for just one month gives you some permanent "bonuses". And don't forget to cancel 'cuz the $15 monthly charge automatically hits your credit card.

#1 - For each rank (not level) you get 6 additional bank and inventory slots. This is retroactive. F2P players typically max out at 60 slots each when you reach level 50. That max goes up to 96 slot as long as by the time you cancel your 1 month subscription your toon is max level.

#2 - You get an additional toon slot; 4 total. When your subscription ends you will still have that 4th toon slot even if it is empty.

#3 - You will be given an Account Bank with 20 slots. This makes it easy to transfer items and ECs between toons.

#4 - Free retrain token for each rank you advance. This is not retroactive. Only toons that are ranking up during the subscription period will get a free token when they advance to the next rank. Toons already at max level will not receive any retain token.

This make sense if you currently have 3 toons and if you want to increase the number of bank and inventory slots each toon has. These additional slots are separate from the ones you purchase directly from the c-store. You can always purchase additional slots from the c-store if 90 slots are not enough.

I am currently relying on memory... I believe 12 additional bank slots costs 300 Zen per toon and 12 additional inventory slots costs 400 Zen per toon. If you want 36 more bank and 36 more inventory slots for all 3 toons purchased from the c-Store you would need to spend a total of 6,300 Zen or $63 USD.

The above excludes the fact that spending just $15 gets you that extra toon slot and the "bonus" band and inventory slots for that 4th toon. Don't forget that if you get the 4th toon to max level before cancelling you will get a free retain token for every rank you advance. At max level you will get a total of 6 tokens worth 500 Zen each or $30 USD.

Oh yeah... you can also enjoy the automatic dilithium refining for that month...
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    When your subscription ends you will still have that 4th toon slot even if it is empty.

This is a direct contradiction to everything I've ever heard. The way I've heard it is that you only keep that 4th slot if you already made a character for it, and if you delete that character, you lose the slot.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a direct contradiction to everything I've ever heard. The way I've heard it is that you only keep that 4th slot if you already made a character for it, and if you delete that character, you lose the slot.

Why would you delete a character? Seems silly to lose all of their assets and refining ability when for 500 zen you could just buy another slot?
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2014
    bandraoi44 wrote: »
    It maybe works for you but there are plenty of people paying subs it does not work for i have not manually refined in 4 days it comes up refining 0 dilitium, So no it does not work to make the claim it works means it works reliably its flaky to say the least.

Did you log onto the character you wanted it to auto refine on?

Logging onto a character resets the auto refine has been my experience apparently the system thinks if you log in you will remember to click the refine button which is not always the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Why would you delete a character? Seems silly to lose all of their assets and refining ability when for 500 zen you could just buy another slot?

Some people decide that they want to re-roll as a different career.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I subbed about 2 months ago. That increased my total toon slots to 4. During that time I also bought 2 additional toon slots for a total of 6 toon slots. I decided to have a total of 5 toons and an empty slot to see what happens to that empty slot when I cancel my sub. After cancelling my sub the 6th slot is still available. So technically the 4th toon slot from subbing should still be available after cancelling the sub even if it is empty.

I suppose it could be argued that the free slot I got from subbing is actually being occupied with the 4th toon I created (KDF engineer), but I am not going to delete that toon to see if my total toon slots drops down to 5.