test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am i the only one that thinks it's a good idea?

scala7scala7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I was looking over the rep systems in game and was seeing a lot of weapons that are used with extra benefits to killing the enemy that you are getting rep from.

I have Fleet gear but i also want some of the extra damage vs on them or a dot added so i started to think well they are making an expansion on voyager, now correct me if i am wrong but a lot of the time the crew had to modify the weapons or shields etc in order to help take on those enemies, i think now is a good time to bring in a system where you can modify you're weapons, shields etc.

When i watch star trek they was always making improvements on the weapons they had at the time i think this added to the game, it could be mixed with the crafting i.e get rep with counter-command to get plans for weapon improvements and crafting plans from the rep store so you will need to craft the parts used to improve the current weapons / shields, in a game where science and engineering is peeked that they don't already have a system like this.

would love to get feed back and maybe let the devs see, sorry if this has already been on forums.

Thanks!
Post edited by scala7 on

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not a good idea the reason is if we got this they would nerf fleet ground weapons citing balance or some other lame excuse.

Nice concept but id rather not incite cryptic to pull out thier nerf bat again
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well...one could say that fleet weapons have a +damage to all on them, it's just build into the weapon damage :P

But seriously though, a modifier would be nice on fleet weapons (especially since i am just now getting into fleet gear) but when i see some of the stuff they release like the valdore console or any of the other consoles are people view as strongly recommended, i'd rather they not mess around with fleet gear.
  • Options
    scala7scala7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hey guys thanks for comments :)
    just a heads up the fleet gear was just an example using my own gear (first thing that popped in my head) any weapon can be changed.

What i mean is lets say the anti borg weapons have some + damage by say 10% now if i had a random epic i could add a 3% - 5% damage not better then the anti borg weapon but at least i can improve mine so it can help me defeat them or a random epic shield that i picked up but i need some protection from plasma damage or reduce the dot that plasma leaves reduce the length that it is on my ship for anything that will help me over come my enemy.

or to balance things take something away from the weapon or shield to add these benefits would help with balances

Thanks again for comments :)