test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Junior Officer weekend Romulan Borg doff ever fixed?

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
Last I saw posted by cryptic was this http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16360101#post16360101

Captainsmirk said they were gonna fix it as soon as they can. He also said he would update the thread to keep us posted on it.

Well the final post of that thread was about almost 2 months after that thread was created and the final post said he/she thought it was resolved. Not a single post from Cryptic after Captainsmirk said they were gonna fix it in that thread and the thread is officially closed.

What happened was the mission for Romulan Republic characters was broken. They wound up getting their allied faction's duty officer (Exocomp for feds and Reman for KDF) instead of their own doff which was suppose to be a Liberated Borg Romulan.

I came back recently about 2 weeks ago from a 3+ month straight up break from the game. Hell I didn't even keep the game client updated until I decided to play it again. But I was keeping up to date with what was going on by reading the forums on an almost daily basis. I don't recall ever seeing this issue with the duty officer fixed but I could have missed it.

Does anyone know if it was resolved and if so when? If it was I may have missed it and I'll probably have to wait until next year to get it. At least I got the Exocomp and Reman doff for my Reman and Romulan captains.

Heck I noticed today that my Reman still has the mission in his mission journal. Incorrect text and all. Screenshot taken today http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/screenshot_2014-08-13-01-37-06_zpsc7956c4b.jpg~original
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Odds are it wasn't fixed, and will not be fixed for this round either.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't recall ever seeing this issue with the duty officer fixed but I could have missed it.

Does anyone know if it was resolved and if so when? If it was I may have missed it and I'll probably have to wait until next year to get it. At least I got the Exocomp and Reman doff for my Reman and Romulan captains.

If they'll ever fix it, I would expect it with the "next" Junior Officer Weekend (which will happen ~30h from now) ... wouldn't count on it, though ... we'll see in ~30h ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I remember correctly, they couldn't fix it in time for the last JO weekend, but they claim that they did fix it.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We'll know in roughly 26 hours won't we.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Captainsmirk said they were gonna fix it as soon as they can. He also said he would update the thread to keep us posted on it.

Well the final post of that thread was about almost 2 months after that thread was created and the final post said he/she thought it was resolved. Not a single post from Cryptic after Captainsmirk said they were gonna fix it in that thread and the thread is officially closed.

And that is a textbook example of how you sweep something under the rug. :cool:
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    We'll know in roughly 26 hours won't we.

27h and 8 minutes until we can find out, and 30 hours 8 minutes until we can read it in the blog.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well the event that gives the Exocomp/Reman doffs is annual last I knew. So it seems it wasn't resolved yet. :(
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well the event that gives the Exocomp/Reman doffs is annual last I knew. So it seems it wasn't resolved yet. :(

1. Not annual (any more)
    2. Sounds like they haven't fixed it :
    Receive a FREE* special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers and Romulan allies, this is an engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers and Romulan allies, it is a Reman duty officer. *This is not available if you already claimed it the last time we ran the event.

-> guess the Romulan Doff is swept under the carpet ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.