test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defera Jula Zone Wide Mission

xsilvermanxxsilvermanx Member Posts: 52 Arc User
So I wanted to play through some Defera content just for the lulz. Noticed that Jula (temple quest giver) didn't offer a Zone Wide mission although she should according to StoWiki. Afaik there isn't any hidden timer in place to have Zone Wide missions pop up randomly, so was asking around in zone chat and by whispering people at random, no one saw that mission.
Anyone know more than I do? Actually I'm standing beneath her right now in instance 1, all she offers is the hard, 2 medium, 2 easy missions and strangely 2 times "Tell me about you" (may not be the right translation, playing the game in german).
EDIT: Maybe I should mention: Never did that mission before, only saw it because I looked at Stowiki (city and power plant-quest giver both had zone wide mission for me). These missions were working fine, both are on cooldown right now because I thought that the mission would pop up if I finished other zone wide missions. It didn't.
Post edited by xsilvermanx on

Comments

• ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When you talk to Julia, scroll down. You need to get the Experimental anti-borg device from her. Once you have it, you equip it. Hit a borg with it before you kill it. You have to do this 100 times.

A real pain in the TRIBBLE which is why I skip it.
  • ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another trick, switch between zones to make sure you have picked up all the zone wide missions so you don't have to keep going back again and again.
  • xsilvermanxxsilvermanx Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I forgot to mention something else: I tried to switch instances but nothing works to get that mission shown. It isn't available today either.
    I do know how that mission works but I can't play it. Like, I can't accept the mission. I'd be able to finish it if I could accept it.
    So question to everybody: Could you check whether you can accept that mission? I don't think it is available currently but bugged so it doesn't show. If anyone sees this on fed-side, please invite me to a team and share that mission with me :-)
    handle is @xsilvermanx
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have you done the complete defera/breen mission arc?
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    edited August 2014
    Let's say I played the last mission, skipped the other 4. Still I have access to every Zone Wide mission on Defera but that special one.
    Also I'm Lvl 50 and have Omega Rep finished, access to Dyson Sphere and Undine fight zones.
    No mission active currently, will just play Defera Temple now to see whether I can make it appear...
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If we are talking about this mission…

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Field_Functionality_Figures

it is only available on unknown irregular times as far as I know.

It will give u this:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Experimental_Anti-Borg_Device

This device is needed for the misson to fullfill. It is not a reward so you will loose it uppon completion. Since I like this device very much in general eSTF ground combat I just took the assigment from Jula and never completed it. That way I can keep it indefinitly. The device does not need one of the four ground slots. Just keep it in inventory is enough to use its abiltiy.

The mission is active on all my 8 chars across all faction. If u like to have the mssion and be able to get the divce just hit @peterconnorfirst in game so I can shar it. Alternative is to simply visit defera and look for the mission a few time till it appears.

- Connor
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited August 2014
    Sent you an invite. Thread would be solved then, the "unknown irregular times" is meh then.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sent you an invite. Thread would be solved then, the "unknown irregular times" is meh then.

NP, I usually play between 16:00 and 20:00 UTC. More than a quick teamup is not needed for sharing of mission.

Since Defera is the first adventure zone introduced in S5 there are a few weird bugs going on. Aside from doing a quick raid of all red missions for some qick FM there sadly isn’t anithing worth doing for me and my fleeties left there. I think the Experimental Ant-Borg Device itself is the grand prize of the whole Defera zone nowadays. It does some fun stuff to the Borg in STF, in any case it’s a debuff and reminds of a tricorder scan for free.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • huchykraalhuchykraal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've noticed that if you already have a device in your inventory or on a Boff slot you aren't allowed to pick up another. This must have been a recent change cause i used to put one on each of my Boffs, now i have to delete the original ones and pick up new one from julia each time.

Was also wondering what's the diference between the Experimental Anti-Borg Device & the Tuned Anti-Borg Device from crafter ( apart from needing pick the experimental to begin mission) as both have same discription

"Applies experimental affect on targeted borg"