test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Veteran ships

dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Romulan Discussion
So, what are we "Special" Lifers getting out of this? Are they going to upgrade our veteran ships to t6 or shaft us?
Post edited by dpsloss88 on

Comments

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If there are no exclusions then lockbox ships should also get no upgrade. When Fleet ships came out they (lockbox ships) got a free upgrade and now with T6 it looks like they will get a second one. Precedents have been set so the second posters comment of Yes to either suggestion still stands as nobody has any idea until the Blogs come out.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    So, what are we "Special" Lifers getting out of this? Are they going to upgrade our veteran ships to t6 or shaft us?
    I'm almost positive this is going to happen, I even think it's going to be automatic upgrade too.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    All T5 ships will have an upgrade path. Why would the veteran ships be excluded?
    We're not asking if it's going to get a mere "upgrade".

We're asking if it is going to be re-tiered. As in, be given the "special abilities" that all true Tier 6 ships will have and upgraded Tier 5 ships will not have.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't expect anything more than we've been told - that T5's will be upgradable to be competitive with T6. Since it would be suicide to do anything else, I also expect the upgrade will be significant - not merely competitive in a loose sense, but truly T6 in effect. However, I don't expect any T5 upgrade, even lockbox and vet ships, to get the new special abilities, as this would de-incentivise the T6 ships.

After all is said and done, I expect upgraded T5's to perform satisfactorily against T6's. Unless they're broken, I don't think you'll even miss not having the new abilities.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Personally I see the answer to this as being dependent on Cryptics future ship policies. If all ship tiers from this point on are dependent on upgrades then the ships will not get upgraded, but if a new Tier of ships is available in the store then I would think the ships would upgrade purely because it would make the rewards worthless otherwise in the face of future level increases.

Doing nothing will totally undermined the Fleet ship system and the Veteran rewards as the cost of buying an inferior ship on a per toon basis through this system for what would become a leveling ship is just pointless. The 1000 day ships on the other hand were never implied as true top tier ships as they were always just below fleet ships.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    The 1000 day ships on the other hand were never implied as true top tier ships as they were always just below fleet ships.
    *coughs*
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Chimera_Heavy_Destroyer
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Peghqu%27_Heavy_Destroyer
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Daeinos_Heavy_Destroyer

Still only available to 1000-day Veterans and Lifetimers.
  • Options
    schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are fleet versions of the 1000 day ships. I imagine it will be a simple T5 to T6 upgrade like the rest of the T5 ships minus the special abilities.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Not exactly. The fleet versions can be bought by anybody whose fleet has a high enough shipyard and has the cash & modules for it and fleet version also include the console.
  • Options
    umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not exactly. The fleet versions can be bought by anybody whose fleet has a high enough shipyard and has the cash & modules for it and fleet version also include the console.

This is not true.

"*NOTE: The above Fleet Ships require that the player owns the existing non-fleet version of the Veteran Ships (1000 day veteran) to be able to purchase them."

Source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=878941
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Regardless of all that the point still stands that the Fleet system, including the fleet variety of the Vet ship, is undermined if you can just go and buy a T6 ship which is better than a per character unlock anyway. So will there be new Fleet ship options which could make it possible that the Vet ship could then be T6 with an upgraded fleet version available or will they just be not worth having due to failing to be competitive enough?

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    umiharayuu wrote: »
    This is not true.

"*NOTE: The above Fleet Ships require that the player owns the existing non-fleet version of the Veteran Ships (1000 day veteran) to be able to purchase them."

Source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=878941
    Yep, this one has it in one. The Fleet Veteran ships have that little requirement about owning the normal Vet ship, and the only people who can own that ship are 1000-day Vets or LTS people... so, a Free-to-play John Q Shopper can't own either the normal 1000-day Vet ship or its Fleet version.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Addressed by others before completing my post. Nothing to see here.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yep, this one has it in one. The Fleet Veteran ships have that little requirement about owning the normal Vet ship, and the only people who can own that ship are 1000-day Vets or LTS people... so, a Free-to-play John Q Shopper can't own either the normal 1000-day Vet ship or its Fleet version.
    Which makes these three the most expensive ships in the game.
  • Options
    schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seeing how these are the most expensive ships in the game, I think they need a bit of an overhaul. I own fleet versions of these ships and find them to be a bit lacking.