test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing EC from exchange

eliwood44445eliwood44445 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I put something up on the exchange for 40m, log off for a few hours to do something else, and lo and behold when I get back it is not in the "Sell" tab of the exchange window nor did I get an ingame mail telling me that I sold it. It is also not in my inventory and the 40m EC isnt either. Has anyone else had something like this happen?
Post edited by eliwood44445 on

Comments

• eliwood44445eliwood44445 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have already purchased the credit cap extension. I had bought a temporal science ship before now.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a somewhat similar situation.

I got an e-mail stating that one of my items on the Exchange expired and is being returned to me. Unfortunately, I do not know what was returned because there was no attachment. I can't tell what item I lost since I somewhat actively trade with 3 toons and generally have around 40 - 50 items listed on the Exchange most of time.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can really do because somewhere it is stated that Cryptic is not liable for any items lost in the game. It's your words against their words. You yell as loud as you want about "losing an item" you listed for 40m, but there is no in game system to prove that. They can counter that you may have accidentally deleted it or it could be something of no value yet you listed it on the Exchange for 40m... like an ordinary tribble.
    edited August 2014
    Yeah? Well this was a Temporal Duty Officer [Fed]. Worth a bit more than a tribble.
    edited August 2014
    Yeah? Well this was a Temporal Duty Officer [Fed]. Worth a bit more than a tribble.

I am not belittling your loss, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do to prove that to Cryptic. At best you can report it as a bug, but sadly I do not think you will get a response from Cryptic.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I put something up on the exchange for 40m, log off for a few hours to do something else, and lo and behold when I get back it is not in the "Sell" tab of the exchange window nor did I get an ingame mail telling me that I sold it. It is also not in my inventory and the 40m EC isnt either. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Is there room in your Email Box ??? There's a 300 message account wide cap for stored Email, and a 20 Message cap for Email with Attachments...
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is there room in your Email Box ??? There's a 300 message account wide cap for stored Email, and a 20 Message cap for Email with Attachments...

This, if things are unsold you have to go to your email box (the physical one in game not the one next to your minimap) and it should be in there, just find the relevant email and it should be in the attachment at the bottom
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I have a somewhat similar situation.

I got an e-mail stating that one of my items on the Exchange expired and is being returned to me. Unfortunately, I do not know what was returned because there was no attachment. I can't tell what item I lost since I somewhat actively trade with 3 toons and generally have around 40 - 50 items listed on the Exchange most of time.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can really do because somewhere it is stated that Cryptic is not liable for any items lost in the game. It's your words against their words. You yell as loud as you want about "losing an item" you listed for 40m, but there is no in game system to prove that. They can counter that you may have accidentally deleted it or it could be something of no value yet you listed it on the Exchange for 40m... like an ordinary tribble.

You have to be at a mail station at a starbase (or the called in azura II) to be able to see and collect the attachment and returned item.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited August 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    You have to be at a mail station at a starbase (or the called in azura II) to be able to see and collect the attachment and returned item.

You can see the returned item anywhere. However, you must be at a mail station to retrieve it.

I trade actively enough on the Exchange to know how to retrieve expired items. I pretty much get a few of these type of emails on a bi-weekly basis.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    You can see the returned item anywhere. However, you must be at a mail station to retrieve it.

I trade actively enough on the Exchange to know how to retrieve expired items. I pretty much get a few of these type of emails on a bi-weekly basis.

Yeah...check "expired" items might be you could find them there and goodluck
    DUwNP.gif

edited August 2014
    Where would I find "expired" items?
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I posted a Tuffli on the exchange. When I went to see if it sold. No tuffli and No ec. What I'm about to say next has nothing to do with the exchange. I have had Lobi consoles disappear and you can't reclaim those. The elachi set. I had the Torp disappear 2x. Only 200 Lobi but still. Stuff like that should not happen. I think someone else had the same problem awhile back and made a post. But yeah, the games got bugs , some more sinister that others.