test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen set price drop?

sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
I went to sell my breen sets on multiple characters today to raise the funds to buy the Ki"tang mirror bird-of-prey off the exchange for some of them and I found out that the prices have been reduced to that of regular XI sheilds, deflector and engines. Is this for real or is it a bug? If it is for real, I'm not happy. This equipment should be worth at least 100,000 ec, not 67,000 (but I perfer the 200,000, it allows me to raise the funds I need to buy stuff within the time constraints I now have).
Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
"Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
"To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
"To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
"Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    The Breen set is now what the Aegis set used to be. Underwhelming. Its in need of a revamp.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "We nerfed EC hard-- because we could." - Love, Cryptic
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The did a pretty much wholesale review of equipment value when S9.5 came in.

What you are referring to is intentional and not a bug.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, they devalued Engines, Shields, Deflectors, Warp Cores, and Singularity Cores with 9.5. They are now listed at 30k for Very Rares and only sell for 12k. :(

Cryptic did this to hurt the EC farmers, but instead they just screwed the casual players who never farmed. And now the only people who can buy anything off the exchange, are the filthy rich who buy from other filthy rich players. :(
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sanatoba wrote: »
    and I found out that the prices have been reduced to that of regular XI sheilds, deflector and engines.

You don't read patch notes, do ya? :D
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, this is Cryptic's way of combating EC inflation.

Sure, it slows down the increase of EC into the overall economy, but it does not do anything about the EC currently in the economy. Cryptic need to develop a EC sink... somethings relatively expensive that players are willing to purchase from vendors so that the EC "disappears" from the game rather than transferring the EC to another player.

An example would to actually start charging for ship repairs You can either go to a space station to repair ship damage or buy the various components to repair your ship. The components should be bound to the account or character on pickup so they cannot be sold on the Exchange. The cost of these components should be increased, but it will cost less to buy the components to repair the ship yourself compared to having your ship repaired in a shipyard.

Ship damage only happens when...

#1 - You are playing and elite STF which means you are max level and by now you should be able to afford to pay for repairs.

#2 - You play missions on a higher difficulty setting. This would affect anyone and everyone who decide they want to increase the difficulty level. If you are not max level, then hopefully you have enough EC to repair your ship, otherwise keep the game on normal difficulty.
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok, so it is intentional. But I'm not happy about it. It still took a while to earn the energy credits I needed for stuff, but now it is going to be even harder. Before I was on all the time, and it still took days to raise the funds to buy better stuff on the exchange, but now I no longer have internet at home (have to go to the library to get on) and there is no way I can earn enough now. And yes I have read most of the patch notes, but still apparently missed the mention of the price changes.

Not happy Cryptic! :mad:
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The Breen set has been junk for a looong looong time.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    The Breen set needs a revamp.
    And with Breen ships being available through the Winter Event...
    I see... an opportunity.

Add a bonus for being equipped on a Breen ship just like the Jem'Hadar set and Dominion ships!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

Ice Cold it's still the best. At the very least useful and NOT junk.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Breen set needs a revamp.
    And with Breen ships being available through the Winter Event...
    I see... an opportunity.

Add a bonus for being equipped on a Breen ship just like the Jem'Hadar set and Dominion ships!

A Bonus on the Breen ships, upgrade to Mk XII-XiV, reverse engineering and being able to craft it.

Just some of the things i hope for.
    The Breen set is fun with a transphasic build, but some minor tweeks to keep it useful would be nice.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I have to disagree with this.

And I believe that it needs an up rated version.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OP, bung up your character@handle and Ill send you one.
  • ravancheravanche Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    atomictiki wrote: »
    "We nerfed EC hard-- because we could." - Love, Cryptic

They nerfed EC values so that people would start vendor trashing more things, freeing up space on the Exchange for high-ticket items like lockbox items, and for the new crafted items. Effectively this removes non-lockbox or non-crafted gear from the economy by making them non-viable as a means of profit.

Crafting starts becoming the primary source of casual EC income on the Exchange, thus making the new crafting system more appealing. More people start using it, and to use it efficiently and maximizing profits, you have to spend Dil. To get enough Dil, you have to spend Zen.

Thus it makes the two major sources of EC income on the Exchange (lockbox items and crafting) pure profit for PWE due to needing Zen to acquire.
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ravanche wrote: »
    They nerfed EC values so that people would start vendor trashing more things, freeing up space on the Exchange for high-ticket items like lockbox items, and for the new crafted items. Effectively this removes non-lockbox or non-crafted gear from the economy by making them non-viable as a means of profit.

Crafting starts becoming the primary source of casual EC income on the Exchange, thus making the new crafting system more appealing. More people start using it, and to use it efficiently and maximizing profits, you have to spend Dil. To get enough Dil, you have to spend Zen.

Thus it makes the two major sources of EC income on the Exchange (lockbox items and crafting) pure profit for PWE due to needing Zen to acquire.

EC value has nothing to do with the price on the Exchange. The OP is talking about vendor trash anyways. Crafting is not casual friendly as it is now implemented. Please keep your conspiracy theories to yourself or FOX news.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You obviously never got to get it working propertly, i suposse.. cuz i love it. And it works amazingly well. Of course i have a transphasic torp build, but the set itself is not junk, not for a long shot lol.