test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whovians, Browncoats, Trekkies....

captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Ten Forward
What do you then call a fan of Star Wars?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
Post edited by captclazorus on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do not think they have a term.

(What's a browncoat? Is that Sherlock Holmes or something?)
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Awesome. :cool:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I do not think they have a term.

(What's a browncoat? Is that Sherlock Holmes or something?)

A browncoat is Firefly. I did not know that till this morning either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
  • trilljinxtrilljinx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Disappointed, angry, embarrassed, depressed... You name it, if it's a negative emotion, you can probably call a Star Wars fan it and he's (or she) agree.

Damn you Lucas...
    edited August 2014

Oh yea, now I remember.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Warriors??? Wait not, that is to good for them....bitter
    GwaoHAD.png
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Me, I thought it had something to do with Jedi robes, resulting in my surprise when I read the OP. :o

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eh I think a lot of SW fans responded to padawan for a while.

But now it will be "princess". I am done with that scene, I refuse to touch anything disney. The 1-2-3 movies were bad enough. The editing/wrecking of 4/5/6 was almost sacrilege. And now disney. /barf.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Normal people.

:p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • trilljinxtrilljinx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    eh I think a lot of SW fans responded to padawan for a while.

But now it will be "princess". I am done with that scene, I refuse to touch anything disney. The 1-2-3 movies were bad enough. The editing/wrecking of 4/5/6 was almost sacrilege. And now disney. /barf.

Hehe... Princesses they are from now on.

Edit: I am kinda curious though, did you watch Avengers? Thor? Captain America? Iron Man? Any of those Marvel movies? They are all Disney too.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    My interest in Wars died when Disney took over.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Uhm... i think this sums it up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJlbPXZEpRE
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Aren't they Warsies, I'm sure I've heard that used to describe Star Wars fans
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Me, I thought it had something to do with Jedi robes, resulting in my surprise when I read the OP. :o

it refers the the light brown duster coats Mal's side wore during the war a few years prior to the events in Firefly, and thus, they became known as "browncoats", like the British were referred to as "redcoats" during our War of Independence.

At least fans of Firefly didn't come to be known as "orange knit hatties" ;)

Regarding Star Wars: warries? war mongers? Lucasites?
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aren't SW fans called "Fanboys"? = /
  • t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is what disney has made star wars into so far lol.... *shaking my head*
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    trilljinx wrote: »
    Hehe... Princesses they are from now on.

Edit: I am kinda curious though, did you watch Avengers? Thor? Captain America? Iron Man? Any of those Marvel movies? They are all Disney too.

I was dragged into watching iron man, against my will. I have not watched the others. I may have watched one of the others visiting a friend, on dvd, but none of my money went to the borg.

Its outside what is allowed to discuss here -- but let us just say I disagree with their agenda.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They are either Jedi or Sith, depending on which faction they identify with.

I, for example, am an Old Republic Sith.

TRIBBLE the Galactic Empire. Bunch of idiots who couldn't kill a Jedi if he was dangling precariously into the maw of a Sarlacc.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Let's not forget another segment of scifi nerdom.... "Questarians" :D

A fandom devoted to a parody of fandoms.

Uhhhh....:confused:
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now... they are called "JJ-ites".
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    JJs...

JJ's Jedis. No?
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Jar-Jar-ites? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, they kids in school that used to beat me and take my Star Wars lunchbox away called me a nerd...I don't think it's an official name though...they said the same **** with my Star Trek stuff too.

Seriously, I had no idea SW fans had any special moniker. I always referred\heard them referred as Star wars fans.

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sith-heads, Sith-for-brains, Jedites, Obi-Wankers... 💩. . . :-J
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Let's not forget another segment of scifi nerdom.... "Questarians" :D

I saw this before clicking the link and immediately thought it was some obscure group of fans devoted to The Questor Tapes. :rolleyes:

Side note: I do think The Questor Tapes could be an interesting show with a bit of retooling for today's Information Age technology, and today's taste in shows like Lost which feature seasonal and series-wide plot mystery arcs.