test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not EVER!

ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
"It's not ever going to happen, so stop asking!"

*Unfunny 'dead horse' joke*

"WHYYYYY are people still making these threads/requests? We need a mod to close this out!!"

"These topics are too much of a headache to do the job I volunteered for so it's easier to just close them."

When in the world outside of STO and it's forums, requests for change are made to the powers that be over and over, they are usually catalysts for change.

"Women WILL NEVER be able to vote, SO STOP ASKING!"

You know what I do when I don't want to read about a topic? I don't read about it. I don't need the forum police to pre-approve what I read or don't.

STO forums are in the top 3 worse forums in all of gaming. And they keep getting worse. Food for thought: if I were a potential new player skimming through here to get a vibe of the community and use that in my decision to invest time/money in this game: I would run screaming into the hills.

Hateful, obnoxious, basement-dwelling posters and lazy shill mods: congratulations! You have carved yourself out that little space in the internets that you always wanted.

Apart from a handful of friendly and reasonable folks to communicate with, posting has become exhausting. Never mind the 'baby out with the bathwater' censorship approach to some topics because: it's just too difficult to manage. See also: the people that go to read a thread JUST TO HAVE AN EXCUSE TO ***** ABOUT READING THEM.

I would throw out a snide comment for Cryptic and PWE, but we all know they don't read this stuff anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ricorosebud on

Comments

• Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think we should wake up cryptic on a Sunday just to have them read your thread.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I sense no rage...only troll
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Comparing decisions made in a video game to larger social issues like women's voting rights?

Yeah, good luck with that.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Top three? Psht.

I submit:

World of Tanks
    ArcheAge
    World of ********
    Darkfall
    Mortal Online
    EvE

The STO community is flat out nice and polite next to these, and many more.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    They have already said they aren't going to worry about the forum or answering to our feedback going forward. It is a "taco" quote you can take to the bank. As he said, by the time something goes to Tribble ... it is more less "written in stone". The only recourse is to stop spending money until they take a lesson and treat players with respect.

If you keep feeding giving them money with no string attached you have no one but yourself to blame for the results.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to withold comments on the entire topic, but this part here caught my attention:
    STO forums are in the top 3 worse forums in all of gaming. And they keep getting worse. Food for thought: if I were a potential new player skimming through here to get a vibe of the community and use that in my decision to invest time/money in this game: I would run screaming into the hills.

Thank you for saying this, I've been saying the same for a while. Sometimes after LoR, these forums went downhill with the speed of light. I really don't know why, but it just happened.
    Posters here can blow their own horn as much as they want as to how friendly and nice the STO forum is, but this simply is not ture anymore. It used to be a long time ago....but something happened.

In reality, besides the dozen or so ok people that you can have a civilized discussion with, this forum is a troll fiesta, full with arrogant and condescending people and bursting with stupidity. People here are rarely interested in discussions anymore, they either troll for the sake of trolling or flat out go into personal attack mode to try and undermine a position they don't like.

A real pitty it has come to this. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    That doesn't mean they do not take our input into account BEFORE it goes to tribble. You have to realize that this is a small company. They can not spend to have months of code flushed down the drain because a few vocal people don't like it. If they get a LOT of negative feedback from tribble, they have two choices. Do it anyways, or scrap the project. There is no go back to the drawing board. So would you rather have the old crafting system or the new one? Both are horrid, but I MUCH prefer this new to the old one. At least it's useful.

Actually there is never a chance to give them input. No one knew how crafting would work until it went to Tribble. Then despite the numerous well thought out and reasonable suggestions by veterans players ... they still did essentially what they wanted.

As for the comment that this is useful. Oh please. Yes you can make extremely valuable gear at ultra rare or even something useful at very rate but how much work and resources (including dilithium does it take). And the MK XII items you just slaved over are going to become obsolete ... in oh 2 months with MK XIV!

Yes ... crafting is fine the way it is.:rolleyes:
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I'm going to withold comments on the entire topic, but this part here caught my attention:

Thank you for saying this, I've been saying the same for a while. Sometimes after LoR, these forums went downhill with the speed of light. I really don't know why, but it just happened.
    Posters here can blow their own horn as much as they want as to how friendly and nice the STO forum is, but this simply is not ture anymore. It used to be a long time ago....but something happened.

In reality, besides the dozen or so ok people that you can have a civilized discussion with, this forum is a troll fiesta, full with arrogant and condescending people and bursting with stupidity. People here are rarely interested in discussions anymore, they either troll for the sake of trolling or flat out go into personal attack mode to try and undermine a position they don't like.

A real pitty it has come to this. :(

I still think I'm helpful :o
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Top three? Psht.

I submit:

World of Tanks
    ArcheAge
    World of ********
    Darkfall
    Mortal Online
    EvE

Top 3, I don't know about that. I played World of ******** for 5 years and may have posted 5 times total. I remember one time I commented on how I really liked the ingame graphics of a axe that droped when defeating the thunder king. I was told, I was stuppied and had no idea what art really was. There was more but it was mostly profanity. Top 3, I doubt it.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    STO forums are in the top 3 worse forums in all of gaming. And they keep getting worse.

Food for thought: Your wall of ranting about it helps how?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Top three? Psht.

I submit:

World of Tanks
    ArcheAge
    World of ********
    Darkfall
    Mortal Online
    EvE

Hell, EVE actively encourages its players to be dicks.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Voicing my agreement with OP before the lock. Keep speaking truth to power!
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When in the world outside of STO and it's forums, requests for change are made to the powers that be over and over, they are usually catalysts for change.

Because womens' suffrage and a make-believe, computer generated fictional world based on a fictional franchise is the exact same thing.
    You know what I do when I don't want to read about a topic? I don't read about it. I don't need the forum police to pre-approve what I read or don't.

Maybe you should take your own advice then.

Good. Those with thin skin and a tendency to clutch their pearls over being offended are likely not going to last long here anyway.
    Hateful, obnoxious, basement-dwelling posters and lazy shill mods: congratulations! You have carved yourself out that little space in the internets that you always wanted.

When you can't present a rational, reasonable argument, the clear solution is to resort to name-calling and ad hominem attacks to discredit the people themselves. What's the worst that can happen, right?
    Apart from a handful of friendly and reasonable folks to communicate with

In other words, people who agree with you and your standards for acceptable social behavior.
    , posting has become exhausting. Never mind the 'baby out with the bathwater' censorship approach to some topics because: it's just too difficult to manage. See also: the people that go to read a thread JUST TO HAVE AN EXCUSE TO ***** ABOUT READING THEM.

Kind of like going to a thread to read about people complaining about threads they don't like to read about.
    I would throw out a snide comment for Cryptic and PWE, but we all know they don't read this stuff anyway.

They don't read it so much that they have people close threads when it's pretty obvious the discussion has run its course.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "It's not ever going to happen, so stop asking!"

*Unfunny 'dead horse' joke*

"WHYYYYY are people still making these threads/requests? We need a mod to close this out!!"

"These topics are too much of a headache to do the job I volunteered for so it's easier to just close them."

Apart from a handful of friendly and reasonable folks to communicate with, posting has become exhausting. Never mind the 'baby out with the bathwater' censorship approach to some topics because: it's just too difficult to manage. See also: the people that go to read a thread JUST TO HAVE AN EXCUSE TO ***** ABOUT READING THEM.

I find your post to be an accurate use of Irony. </approved!>
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, all the others on a forum must be idiots (exept for a few like me), because they don't want to talk about the same subjects over and over and over...or they generaly disagree with my opinions.

You should take a step back and ask yourself one question: "Is it possible that i'm actually the problem and not the rest of the people on this forum?"
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    Yep, all the others on a forum must be idiots (exept for a few like me), because they don't want to talk about the same subjects over and over and over...or they generaly disagree with my opinions.

You should take a step back and ask yourself one question: "Is it possible that i'm actually the problem and not the rest of the people on this forum?"

The simple solution? Don't click on the thread in question and/or post.

Instead, people engage in ****posting for the purpose of trolling and nothing more, in the threads in question.

If it is a thread that needs to be closed, report it instead of padding the ol' post count with TRIBBLE. The moderators need no help from the peanut gallery.

If people followed these simple, adult, common sense steps, there would be no need of that kindergarten FCT BS.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If people followed these simple, adult, common sense steps

Welp, there's your problem right there.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thread closed.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.