test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D

psychosisbluepsychosisblue Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I've played for awhile and I have been able to make alot of good stuff for myself and other's using R&D in Memory Alpha then I log in and find a new system and I'm now PISSED I have to start over in a new system in R&D! I don't like now I have to work with a random system when before I could make EXACTLY what I wanted!! WHAT THE HELL PERFECT WORLD!!! This if far from "Perfect"!!
Post edited by psychosisblue on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welcome to the ever changing world of Star Trek Online.

Please have a seat and we will deal with your complaint... SOON™.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • psychosisbluepsychosisblue Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daveyny unless you have significant and relevant say in serious matters I suggest you keep your "say" to yourself. I play "Video Games" but I don't "Play Games" I expect relevant response. Not sarcasm.
  • ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I expect relevant response. Not sarcasm.

What exactly do you think you are entitled to? Did you ask a question? No, you made a statement of displeasure and a snippy dig at PWE.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    'Relevant' how? Not like you asked for a specific question.

Not to mention he was getting in on the fun by making a sarcastic remark by making fun of how PWE might speak to someone.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    I've played for awhile and I have been able to make alot of good stuff for myself and other's using R&D in Memory Alpha then I log in and find a new system and I'm now PISSED I have to start over in a new system in R&D! I don't like now I have to work with a random system when before I could make EXACTLY what I wanted!! WHAT THE HELL PERFECT WORLD!!! This if far from "Perfect"!!

Couple of points to make:

1.) The new system has it's flaws, but it's light years ahead of the previous system in terms of capabilities, new [procs], and it opens the door for ultra rare items.

2.) The new systems methodology for ranking is tedious for people who want to be good NOW. They did add the 'complete early' function for dil; if you're rich, you get get higher faster.

3.) After 2 weeks of using it, I'm trucking along well in multiple disciplines on multiple toons. Several alts are producing components which sell well.

4.) The 1000 dil R&D support packages are WORTH the expense. Grab one every 72 hours from the doff recruiter of your choice. Note: Romies get double access.

5.) The new system is expandable with plans for new 'schools' and the ability to upgrade items, perhaps even ships. more on that to be announced in Season 10.

Given you're back for a few hours, and you've completely sussed out the system (while those of us using it for over a month still have to develop) - your appraisal is a bit short-sighted.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yep, the new system sucks. The just copied NWs system and adapted it a bit to require the use of doffs and broke the Doff-UI in the process.

The good thing about it: There currently is no need to participate. No bound-on-pickup items, which means you can get everything from the exchange.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, the new system sucks. The just copied NWs system and adapted it a bit to require the use of doffs and broke the Doff-UI in the process.

The good thing about it: There currently is no need to participate. No bound-on-pickup items, which means you can get everything from the exchange.

Actually there is a forced need to participate, if you have an characters that aren't max level and you want them to have something other than White Common Gear.

I hit Lt. Cmdr. on an alt tonight. When I went to the exchange, there were virtually no weapons or ship gear for my rank (greens and blues). So I went to my old stand-by of the Dilithium Store, only to find it wasn't there anymore. UGH!!!

So now I have a max level sitting and clicking buttons to try and get the gear I need, getting alot of Common Whites anyway, and pretty much not playing STO, but rather a whack-a-mole mini-game that will suck even worse when I run out of all the materials I converted from old crafting mats.

It's the worst thing ever added to this game. By far. :eek:

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually there is a forced need to participate, if you have an characters that aren't max level and you want them to have something other than White Common Gear.

I hit Lt. Cmdr. on an alt tonight. When I went to the exchange, there were virtually no weapons or ship gear for my rank (greens and blues). So I went to my old stand-by of the Dilithium Store, only to find it wasn't there anymore. UGH!!!

So now I have a max level sitting and clicking buttons to try and get the gear I need, getting alot of Common Whites anyway, and pretty much not playing STO, but rather a whack-a-mole mini-game that will suck even worse when I run out of all the materials I converted from old crafting mats.

It's the worst thing ever added to this game. By far. :eek:

That's strange, because I'm exactly the opposite: I and my wife are leveling a couple of new toons each, and using my main to craft gear for them.

Because of this, they'r getting decent gear and making it less painful to level the crafting. Only up to Mk X's (not spending dil on it yet), but end game is fine with purple X's.
    giphy.gif
  • rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Lt. Cmdr. might be a dry stretch, but there should be a ton of Mk VI gear when you hit Commander.