test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most anoying Ground Npc?

grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Ten Forward
In your opinion, which are the most annoying ground Npcs' you have fought?
One of the ones that comes to mind is the Borg. "Oh look, I have a group a five tac drones coming at me that are less than 5ft away. I'm almost done killing them and ADAPTED. I try to remodulate my weapon when the next thing I know I'm either dead or assimilated." I actually have a player get mad at me once because I didn't run over and revive him when there were 4 tac drones behind him and marching towards me in the Eliete: Infected Manus mission.
say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
Post edited by grandnaguszek1 on

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When I was more of a lowbie, the Hirogen would drive me nuts.

Also, dual teams of Voth medics.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Breen. Mainly because their cryo grenades are incredibly hard to survive, and they slow you down to the point you're usually dead by the time you leave the AoE area.

Alternatively the salt vampires.

Since all the break-frees in the game won't break you from from their crowd control. Willpower buffed? Mental Discipline Clicky? They don't care.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    The Breen. Mainly because their cryo grenades are incredibly hard to survive, and they slow you down to the point you're usually dead by the time you leave the AoE area.

Alternatively the salt vampires.

Since all the break-frees in the game won't break you from from their crowd control. Willpower buffed? Mental Discipline Clicky? They don't care.
    I perfectly agree. These Cryo grenades make me like GRRRR
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Voth raptors are another tough one. If you try to shoot them then they jump on you and start eating you. They have a decent shield power and armor. And the icing on the cake for me is the rockets. I've seen groups of three players get slaughtered by one of those things.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Breen and their cryo grenade spam. :rolleyes:

Also, those little Voth dingbats that follow you halfway across the battlezone...
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iconians wrote: »

I find that rolling helps me to get out of the freeze zone faster than simply trying to run. They're still annoying as anything, but it helps.

What really bothers me on the Breen is when a Breen Captain uses his heavy attack that can one hit KO a player who has full shields and HP. The only way to survive it AFAIK is with armor and buffs that resist cold.

Which gives me an idea--an anti-Breen ground set would be great as prizes for the next Winter event--a shield and armor that resist Cold damage and the disable effect from being frozen, and a gun that deals bonus damage against Breen.
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    medics

romulan and starfleet medics in npc groups you got your npc group 5 or so then you can have one sometimes two medics stuffed in there at the back healing everyone so you go after them and they start healing each other, purely annoying
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I find that rolling helps me to get out of the freeze zone faster than simply trying to run. They're still annoying as anything, but it helps.

What really bothers me on the Breen is when a Breen Captain uses his heavy attack that can one hit KO a player who has full shields and HP. The only way to survive it AFAIK is with armor and buffs that resist cold.

Which gives me an idea--an anti-Breen ground set would be great as prizes for the next Winter event--a shield and armor that resist Cold damage and the disable effect from being frozen, and a gun that deals bonus damage against Breen.

In that case it's a good thing I have the Breen tactical boff.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The three consecutive groups of Tholians at the end of New Romulus: Overgrown Caves.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Centurion Scientists.

OP radiation skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • sassysophie95sassysophie95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree on the Breen and their Cryo grenades. Drives me nuts.
    A girl playing STO? Madness!

@sassysophie95 in-game. Add away, always looking for new people to play with! :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Voth... that stupid self-revival power.... It drives me nuts in the BZ when I massacre a group and half of them get back up right as the next group spawns... also that stupid immunity thing....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Voth for self rezzing, Breen for Cryo grenades, Tholians because they flank the living daylights out of you every chance they get, and Undine. Especially the big ones. They used to have a psi attack that was like a machine gun. It would keep going until you were either dead our out of their Line of Sight.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Becky from Infected Ground.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Elite romulans with 2x medic and one Sci.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hate the borg knockback and assimilation combo!:eek::eek::eek:
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sle1989 wrote: »

Win.

/10...
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to agree with the Breen as being the most annoying for all of the reasons already stated. The Romulan scientists can be annoying, but not generally a real threat unless a mob gangs up on me.

IMO, the Tholians and Borg are some of the easiest to deal with, but that's because my character is pretty well decked out for handling them. My standard weapons of choice are the cryo rifle and crystalline sword, which works well against each respectively.