test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what [over] proc does?

lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
hi,
there are so many beams crafted but no Infos to find what this proc ist really doiing or if it is worth to try to craft a beam with this proc.

what it does, beam overload?
how many times this proc will really work every shot? every 10 shots? every 100????
it Drains energy or not????

anyone have make a tryout of this proc?
Post edited by lostmoony on

Comments

• Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lostmoony wrote: »
    hi,
    there are so many beams crafted but no Infos to find what this proc ist really doiing or if it is worth to try to craft a beam with this proc.

how many times this proc will really work every shot? every 10 shots? every 100????

I believe [Over] is overload. Aside from that, I really have no idea. My ships are mostly cannon's not beams, so it's not a proc or BOA I use very much.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hi,

Since i dont have it...

It does beam overload - a am sure
    Not sure, small chance should mean 2.5% like any other proc
    Does not drain weapon power - i am sure
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since i dont have it...

It does beam overload - a am sure
    Not sure, small chance should mean 2.5% like any other proc
    Does not drain weapon power - i am sure

This is also my guess, bo1, 2.5 % (don't think it works with bfaw), no power drain.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2.5% chance for a BO1 on the next beam fired.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Question is 2.5% a lot?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Question is 2.5% a lot?

You know how often a weapon proc is? That's 2.5%.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    You know how often a weapon proc is? That's 2.5%.

Sorry I am usually tapping keys like mad to stay alive in fights. So I don't really have a good idea how often that actually is. That is why I was asking. If it happens regularly enough it sounds useful. If it is once in a blue moon then quite a bit less so.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is not a 2.5% chance, if it was it would actually be a decent weapon mod. Tests have shown its more along the line of 0.5% chance. Ofcourse they don't bother to tell you this in the description and just let you think its the usual 2.5%. Given how rarely it goes off its pretty much worthless, your lucky if it you get an extra 2 or 3 overloads an STF.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i can tell you after using one such beam device with over in it from crafted ap beam bank that it is a weaker version of BO that activates at random, on occasions between over hits it can take out roughly half total hp on a negh'var npc, and thats just one beam bank with over, imagine 2 or 3. even at 2.5% chance it happens frequently enough.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Beam cycle 4 shots in 5 seconds.
    So basically average is one proc every 3.33 minutes if proc is 2.5% per cycle.

If proc is per volley, average should be around 50 seconds.

My math could be wrong, it is very very early in the morning, and i am still drinking coffe :rolleyes:
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Beam cycle 4 shots in 5 seconds.
    So basically average is one proc every 3.33 minutes if proc is 2.5% per cycle.

If proc is per volley, average should be around 50 seconds.

My math could be wrong, it is very very early in the morning, and i am still drinking coffe :rolleyes:

logic and thinking on a game where immersion and logic itself doesnt exist in the way you would expect. i have had the overload happen with 10 seconds of one another once and some matches i never had the over on the beam bank working. chance is chance.

but if you can get over on a really good weapon then its worth having it around even at the chance rate.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    logic and thinking on a game where immersion and logic itself doesnt exist in the way you would expect. i have had the overload happen with 10 seconds of one another once and some matches i never had the over on the beam bank working. chance is chance.

but if you can get over on a really good weapon then its worth having it around even at the chance rate.

Chance is a chance, that is right.
    You will do around 60 cycles for that beam in ISE for example.
    You can get 0 procs, if you are lucky you will get 3, if you are very lucky you will get 4.

It is not like you can get 10, you have better change to will lottery.
    After couple of 1000 shots everybody will land at 2.5%, if you are lucky you will be at 2.54%.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oooh..... wonder how many BO's a 8 beam cruiser... all with the [over] proc could manage, not counting their officer powers....
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    2.5% chance for a BO1 on the next beam fired.

2.5% of a -25% base dmg shot; plus another -13%. They should have called it [Under]. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Seriously, though, where *are* these alleged [Over] weps?! Haven't seen any on exchange yet.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Seriously, though, where *are* these alleged [Over] weps?! Haven't seen any on exchange yet.

Check the low level beams, I've been selling dozens of Over Mod weapons on the exchange, but low level since I'm still going through the crafting school.

If all you want to do is test the Over proc, you could get a cheap beam for what is essentially pocket money in game, for the good stuff its out of my Silver EC cap reach so i've not bothered
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so if i understand it right this proc is very lame, every ~5 min one time.:rolleyes:

i wondering about that a Little bit coz this proc weapons in Exchange are the most expensive.

if i get with [pen] proc a permanet -10 dmg debuff what increase youre dps always.
    why the over proc is more expensive?????:confused:
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Had something interesting happen an hour or so ago when i was playing... I unleashed a BO2 on an enemy ship and like 5 seconds later my [Over] DBB triggered... it was quiet lovely, while my chars only running mk IV DBB's cause he's level 13. a 5k hit quickly followed by another 3100 hit kills things quickly, expecially when a HY hits between the BO's.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    so if i understand it right this proc is very lame, every ~5 min one time.:rolleyes:

i wondering about that a Little bit coz this proc weapons in Exchange are the most expensive.

if i get with [pen] proc a permanet -10 dmg debuff what increase youre dps always.
    why the over proc is more expensive?????:confused:

Because numerically it adds the most damage out of all [mod]s.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i ran around in ker'rat to see if anything changed, ganked groups of feds tot toal 41 players since god knows how long ago i played pvp on sto and a romulan backstabber protecting it friends in waiting twice with my raptor. ran bo one and bfaw to compare, its a good opening and ending skill to have but lacks the endurance of faw in the long run. the faw if anything kill more feds then bo ever did, but if you can get over on all beams with bfaw, and it goes off a few times. trolololololol.

its not a epeen thing, but i just wanted a hard fact in hand, so i had all very rare crafted kit and ap beams on the raptor and the induction coil from the bop that was free a sort time ago some point last year just to run up the whole thing against tougher ships.
  • Options
    thomaslorenz16thomaslorenz16 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pen proc ist more TRIBBLE then this over proc.

pene proc does only in that Moment in that the arc beam hits a -10 res debuff for ~1/100 secound, that says you have no use with this proc coz if any other weapon hits the enemy the proc is Longe time ago gone!!!!!!!!

this proc is 100% usless coz after land this proc he is near in the same time over.
    nobody is trying this items out and realize that they have no ingame Effekt???

i wonder about the market Prices for this weapons, have seen today pen proc plasama-beams cost ~150mio EC and a much more powerful CriH/CriD weapon what deals much more dps cost 30 mio in compare.....

over proc beams 250mio EC.......:confused:

i still think some Players dont like to get Infos about real itemworths, or simply buying selling items without using there Brains.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    [Over] 350mil, eh?! LOL. Maybe you're delusional; possibly institutional. :P (Who gets the reference?)

Regardless, I still haven't seen any on Exchange. [Pen] seems to be gone now too. Part me of still very much doubts they can beat my [CtrD]x3 beams.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    thomaslorenz16thomaslorenz16 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i dont know how you look.
    for example today"now" anti- beam with pen cost 79mio a Plasma beam with pene 225mio EC , this Prices for a weapon"proc" what have no effekt!!!!!

some over proc weapons at Moment in market, Antiproton and polaron beam with ~250mio EC.....:eek: