What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is Cryptic afraid of the Excalibur?

ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Federation Discussion
Removed.

Subject matter too touchy.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Post edited by ccarmichael07 on

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There can be only one Excalibur!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why is Cryptic afraid of the Excalibur?
    Loaded questions can't be directly answered honestly.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

You know the saying about the ugly stick touching something? Well, that looks so ugly, the stick was Yggdrasil, and that ship fell from the eagle to Nidhogg, and whacked every branch on the way down.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Subjective observations are being subjective. Personally, I find it more attractive than more than 80% of the Federtation designs in game currently.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Subjective observations are being subjective. Personally, I find it more attractive than more than 80% of the Federtation designs in game currently.

But "everyone" knows you have no sense of Aesthetics whatsoever. :P
    Aside from the fact that i hate the Excalibur design, i also loath the idea that newer designs should be bigger and more powerful.

More efficient and/or better suited for the tasks they're designed for those are reasons i can get behind, but designers should move away from the notion that newer equals bigger.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that i hate the Excalibur design, i also loath the idea that newer designs should be bigger and more powerful.

More efficient and/or better suited for the tasks they're designed for those are reasons i can get behind, but designers should move away from the notion that newer equals bigger.

I actually agree with this point. It would be nice to see some T6 ships that are defiant or voyager sized.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Who said anything about being bigger?? :confused: We don't even know the suposed size of this ship, if the destroyed hulks in game are any indication - then it's no so big.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I can see the reason for going bigger with ships like the Galaxy as they are supposed to be out in deep space for a long period of time, so they bring home with them so to speak. It falls apart though when the ship has a hard time defending itself against much small ships.
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yes and it's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hdfQOqPT8E
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Urg, it looks like the illegitimate love child of a sovereign and a chimera. *shudders*

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Urg, it looks like the illegitimate love child of a sovereign and a chimera. *shudders*

Dude have you looked at Regent, Avenger or that T6 concept. This baby is a thing of beauty comapred to thoses
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I doubt will see that anytime soon......
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    If they are referring to the dog dragging its excrement delivery zone across the carpet enterprise, then hell no please don't.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Dude have you looked at Regent, Avenger or that T6 concept. This baby is a thing of beauty comapred to thoses

To be fair, the avenger isn't meant to be a pretty ship.

Although of the three you mentioned it's the only one I actually like the look of.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If they are referring to the dog dragging its excrement delivery zone across the carpet enterprise, then hell no please don't.

Didn't it make a brief appearance in one of the cut scenes in surface tension?

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Didn't it make a brief appearance in one of the cut scenes in surface tension?

Yup. I replayed that today, it's to the left in the cutscene.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    100 points! :D
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    cavaleriuscavalerius Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bahahaha, I love it when someone quotes this ship!

Bahaha, Excalibur. More like the Constipated Butt-prise!
    Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
    CLASSIFIED
    [SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    To be fair, the avenger isn't meant to be a pretty ship.

Although of the three you mentioned it's the only one I actually like the look of.

No they ment it to be a vengence lookalike. bad move.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

As you know, i actually like that ship.
    Cryptics desingers made so many awful ships over the years that look all the same IMO.
    Why not try a design that actually has SOME fans, even if some ppl don't like it?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cavalerius wrote: »
    Bahahaha, I love it when someone quotes this ship!

Bahaha, Excalibur. More like the Constipated Butt-prise!

Beats the hell out of that result of a mating ritual between a clam and a snail they call the "Dyson" or this new T6 Tron squid slapped with a frying pan. :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But the Excalibur looks like a dog with worms......not saying the dyson ships are beauties but the Excalibur is just ugly.
    cI5XEZr.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    But the Excalibur looks like a dog with worms......not saying the dyson ships are beauties but the Excalibur is just ugly.

Well there's little to do against a preconceived opinion.

Maybe if you try to look at it without that "dog" picture in mind, maybe it doesn't look as bad.
    Of course it's rather comfortable not to do so.
    Compared to Cryptics designs (which look all the same IMO) it looks refreshingly different.
    Not every ship has to have that elongated racing car look.

Sure the perpetuals Excaliburis the antithesis to the Sovereign, it's tall and wide, instead of flat and long. But i can't see anything bad at it. Neck and Engineering hull have merged into one.
    It's just a different design aproach.

Sometimes things reveal their beauty at second glance.
    Open your mind for something new. :)

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I heard the Excalibur kicked their puppy once. It might even have stolen a ball of yarn from a kitten. :eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    Well there's little to do against a preconceived opinion.

Maybe if you try to look at it without that "dog" picture in mind, maybe it doesn't look as bad.
    Of course it's rather comfortable not to do so.
    Compared to Cryptics designs (which look all the same IMO) it looks refreshingly different.
    Not every ship has to have that elongated racing car look.

Sure the perpetuals Excaliburis the antithesis to the Sovereign, it's tall and wide, instead of flat and long. But i can't see anything bad at it. Neck and Engineering hull have merged into one.
    It's just a different design aproach.

Sometimes things reveal their beauty at second glance.
    Open your mind for something new. :)

Just make the engineering hull a little bigger and I'm fine with the ship.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since the OP decided to remove his entire first post, making the rest of this thread conjecture about WHAT he was talking about, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread down.

Next time if you want a thread removed or closed contact a mod. It makes things much much easier.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.