test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVE Que

somhainsomhain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Federation Discussion
ok, this is probably something that has been addressed before...perhaps not...and perhaps it belongs here...I hope.

What I wanted to do was say something about the PVE Que.

Not exactly the top topic to choose, I know, but someone should do something.

Anyway...

I've noticed that there are a lot of ground missions in the PVE Que that are empty...and I mean all the time. Perhaps you'll see a person sitting in the que...but they leave eventually after getting bored.
I've also noticed that there are a lot more Ground missions empty than Space missions...wasn't that hard to notice actually.

I was wondering after thinking about it for a bit...why can't the ground missions be done solo with a bridge crew if there aren't enough players in the Que? Or even have NPC's join the mission to help the player?
You know how you first started playing STO and you did your first patrol of a planet? Why can't it be like that? Obviously it can be done as it was being done in the form of patrols before.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if people aren't intersted in playing the ground missions, then eventually they'll be phased out...at least in the PVE Queues. There are people that want to play the ground missions in the Que, but can't get the numbers to do it...like "breaking the planet" I watched the Que for that one the other day...people drifted in and out hoping to play it...but never could get the numbers for the scenario.

Its true that the Ground missions can be hard to do, but no more so that the Space missions. Just have to have a better strategy than "Shoot..Shoot some more...Shoot again...after the dust settles shoot a few more times."
Of course this is why it was in a Que for actual players...but no one seems to be playing them, and the people that really want to don't get the chance to as much as we'd like to.

Don't get me wrong, I like the space missions as well, and I try to do all of them at least once a week, sometimes more when I can.
Its just that there are a few missions in the Que that no one is playing due to the lack of numbers required to actually complete the objectives.|

I've been around since Beta, and I've watched the game slowly change and evolve into what it is now. Perhaps this is another area that has to evolve as well, but before it moves into its deep dormant stage, I'd like to play some of those ground missions a few more times before their gone for good.

Ok...thats all I have to say.
*Steps down oiff the soap box*
Have a nice day people ;) Cheers
Post edited by somhain on

Comments

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Boffs aren't players. They are very limited in their capabilities as compared to 5 players with their own skills. you can use boffs in many places, but PvE queues shouldn't be one of them.

They have said they will be working on solo queues with missions designed for single players and their boffs. You just have to wait for them to follow through on the promises.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Argh, I can't take it!

Queues is the plural of queue, not a que.

Queue!
    Queue!!
    Queue!!!

Gah! It'd be less annoying if you didn't get "queues" correct. It's like you arbitrarily just chopped of "ue".
  • somhainsomhain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did chop it off Darkjeff...knew it might get some attention :P Que Que Que Que or better yet Cue. Listen Sagaciously to what I'm saying instead of reading what you want. You knew what was meant and that was my intention.

As to the REAL responce...

I realize that they are limited (boffs that is ), and they only fill a limited role in the game for ground and space combat.

Still, I really would like to see the missions played...just a nostalgia thing I suppose.
    Don't get me wrong, I like what they've done with the missions thus far.
    I suppose I would likie an option to solo a few of those missions.
  • fakefivefakefive Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    somhain wrote: »
    I did chop it off Darkjeff...knew it might get some attention :P Que Que Que Que or better yet Cue. Listen Sagaciously to what I'm saying instead of reading what you want. You knew what was meant and that was my intention.

As to the REAL responce...

I realize that they are limited (boffs that is ), and they only fill a limited role in the game for ground and space combat.

Still, I really would like to see the missions played...just a nostalgia thing I suppose.
    Don't get me wrong, I like what they've done with the missions thus far.
    I suppose I would likie an option to solo a few of those missions.

I totally agree with the op. One change I would make though to your suggestion is that BoFFs only be allowed to be used on NON elite que'd maps. assuming the map has an elite counterpart.
    edited August 2014
    Even that would be preferable to not being able to play some of the Ops due to lack of players.

Its just that the way things are right now...very few ground missions get played...I can't really get into them with any regularity...and niether is anyone else...unless of course their doing them with guild/fleet members...which does seem to be an option...unless you belong to a fleet thats gone dark.

Still, some single player Ops would be pretty good.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    somhain wrote: »
    Its just that the way things are right now...very few ground missions get played...

As someone who hates Ground content, I can say with some certainty that it's not true. In PublicEliteSTF I see ground things being run all the time, now that ground queues give rewards that can't be attained anywhere else.

Random queues may be empty, but that's probably because people hate ground PUGs. It's possible to carry a bad group in space, but a bad group on ground is an exercise in frustration for many.
    edited August 2014
    I would definitely have to agree with you there. Its possible ot carry the space mission gone bad...and I have...so I know what you mean. I can definitely understand the " behind closed doors " ground missions being run too...I do recall doing ground missions where it was a rez and respawn fest or die the way through the mission...never liked that.
    But I do remember doing highly organized groups too...but those are far and few between :(
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ground is awesomely fun with a pre-made, and that's probably where all the players are.
    Most of the Ground STF's need a good bit of organization and experience to get the optionals, and /or even to survive, so most players don't PuG them ... Which is probably why those queue's are always empty ...

One way I think they could "fix" the issue is have Ground BZ's similar to the Dyson one, except with Borg/Undine/Tholian/Generic enemies ...

I spend hours in the Dyson BZ, because it's justy good fun 'shootin' s**t" without any pressure, and without having to worry about "optionals' and DPS'z ...

And it's a froicken treasure trove of Dil and vendor trash, plus the occasional choice bit of gear ...

So Devs, Bring on the:

Undine Ground BZ
    Tholian Ground BZ
    Tal Shiar Ground BZ (can't have mutated bunny killin' for Rom marks, now can we)
    Borg Ground BZ
    <insert random enemy name here> Ground BZ ...

With the same basic setup as the Dyson one.

(minus the Fricken T-Rex with Fricken Lazur beemz ... Unless we get Space Sharks with Lazur Beemz coming out of the puddles on Nukara?)
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png