test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ultra rare result Excited Particle Field Generator is bugged!

nishkacmnishkacm Member Posts: 133 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just had a critical success on my ultra rare exotic particle console mk xii science console, which is still crafting at the moment. When I looked at the details, however, it ends up with absolutely nothing! Currently there is another console just like mine on the Exchange, though that one could be gone quite soon. Its name also doesn't state any special stats and the name is the same as the very rare version.
It's the exact same as the very rare version with the only difference that it has 21.2% maximum shield capacity instead of 20% and starship particle generator at 31.9 instead of 30. This happens since the patch of yesterday.

This bug occurs since the patch of yesterday. Can this please be fixed asap, and also apply a bonus to the already crafted consoles which are missing their bonus stat?
Post edited by nishkacm on

Comments

• bobsisko47bobsisko47 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Screenshot of the afore mentioned: http://imgur.com/OKbyQDY

I'd also like to add, that the modifier generation seems slightly broken since yesterdays patch, because 1. it applies engineering modifiers to science consoles (which might be somewhat intentional, as there still are the science mods on the engineering consoles), and 2. instead of using the new names, which I really liked, they use just the usual [mod] layout. What that results in, is have 2 different names for the same mod: http://imgur.com/guFh3vs vs. http://imgur.com/c1Vv4TO
  • nishkacmnishkacm Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To also add to my message; you can check the item on Nishka@Nishka. I'll place the console in my bank tomorrow, until this gets fixed.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    bobsisko47 wrote: »
    Screenshot of the afore mentioned: http://imgur.com/OKbyQDY

I'd also like to add, that the modifier generation seems slightly broken since yesterdays patch, because 1. it applies engineering modifiers to science consoles (which might be somewhat intentional, as there still are the science mods on the engineering consoles), and 2. instead of using the new names, which I really liked, they use just the usual [mod] layout. What that results in, is have 2 different names for the same mod: http://imgur.com/guFh3vs vs. http://imgur.com/c1Vv4TO

Bort might have unintentionally added engineering mods to the sci consoles with the patch yesterday, not on purpose, probably lack of testing, so he'll have to leave them as-is now. The engineering console bonuses work using a [mod].

On the lack of any mod on the UR console, definitely a bad bad bug.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Bort might have unintentionally added engineering mods to the sci consoles with the patch yesterday, not on purpose, probably lack of testing, so he'll have to leave them as-is now. The engineering console bonuses work using a [mod].

On the lack of any mod on the UR console, definitely a bad bad bug.

It wasn't on accident, it was a conscious decision. Both of these Crafting consoles can have any Eng or Sci mod attached to them.

Once we decided to make that happen for the special RCS console, it seemed improper to not allow the Exciter to benefit from the same variety.

As for URs not getting a Mod... we'll investigate. I don't think that should be possible.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited August 2014
    It wasn't on accident, it was a conscious decision. Both of these Crafting consoles can have any Eng or Sci mod attached to them.

Once we decided to make that happen for the special RCS console, it seemed improper to not allow the Exciter to benefit from the same variety.

As for URs not getting a Mod... we'll investigate. I don't think that should be possible.

Lol, stealth patch. One more for the collection.

Anyway, any more mod fixes coming to other categories? Outside of beams, cannons, and these consoles, the new mods seem to be MIA from other VR items in the other schools.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *snip*

It unfortunately is possible!
    After a few futile attempts to get a crit UR i got one.. without additional stats, the Project Currently runs on my Character Jimilla.
    Is the missing Stat just a display bug or is the Console just expensive TRIBBLE? And can the Customer Service trade the bugged one for a real UR console?
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow reading about this I guess I am lucky to have crafted all the UR consoles I needed before the latest patch.
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone have any News about that? My Ticket is being ignored for 4 Days or so.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd love some news about what's going to happen with the bugged mod-less consoles. I have three of them!!

Seeing as they are already Ultra-Rare, I think that a random modifier should be assigned to them. That or you trade them in to a Ferengi for another Ultra-Rare with a random modifier.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014

As odd as it is to add in a stealth change, either way I like the idea of multi-purpose consoles, so kudos to the addition.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited August 2014
    They are growing in numbers... my ticket is open for 12 days now, i'm sure, with three modifiers instead of two this would have recieved a fix within 24 hours.
    I'd love some news about what's going to happen with the bugged mod-less consoles. I have three of them!!

Seeing as they are already Ultra-Rare, I think that a random modifier should be assigned to them. That or you trade them in to a Ferengi for another Ultra-Rare with a random modifier.

My bet: it's the Neutronium Console, have seen pretty much everything else (as my own result or at the exchange).
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    One can hit up the Exchange, go to Sci Consoles, set it to Ultra Rare, and see the evidence of multiple consoles without the additional mod...if you're looking for the easiest way to verify whether the bug exists or not.
    edited August 2014
    Since the issue seems to be hard to track:
    Leave the bugged Consoles in the game and add a NPC who will trade them for a any other UR Console, that would compensate for the vast amount of useless UR Mods (like [Stealth], [pha] [Inert] or [...pwr]).
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Since the issue seems to be hard to track:
    Leave the bugged Consoles in the game and add a NPC who will trade them for a any other UR Console, that would compensate for the vast amount of useless UR Mods (like [Stealth], [pha] [Inert] or [...pwr]).

As useless as those mods may be, they are still engineering/science mods, and most likely WAI.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited August 2014
    As useless as those mods may be, they are still engineering/science mods, and most likely WAI.

Maybe i was a little bit off topic, ->back to topic.
    The problem here is the Mod-less UR-Console, and since it seems that they cannot be changed retroactively we have ~4 possibilities:
    1) They stay as they are (a slap in the face of the crafter, every console need ~16k dil for the components + Catalysts)
    2) Customer Service will replace them by hand ( ~14 days and still waiting since i wrote my ticket)
    3) Some way to trade them in (Console? NPC?)
    4) something else... (maybe it is just a "display bug" and we just don't see the Mod?)
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    edited August 2014
    The Problem still consists, 2-3 hours after the Server went up i had a Particle Exciter Field Generator UR "success" without mods.
    Character is S'thek (have one more and one a bugged RCS on my character Jimila)
    Ticket will be created when the the production Process is completed.
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    I've verified this issue. I don't have any say in getting you replacements, but I have notified appropriate parties who will have the ultimate decision as to what to do.
    STO QA Team
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I've verified this issue. I don't have any say in getting you replacements, but I have notified appropriate parties who will have the ultimate decision as to what to do.

What you guys should do is add an option to have the ferengi who buys protoype consoles to buy/trade in the broken ones. People could just trade in the broken ones and get a random UR new one then.
    edited August 2014

Thank you!
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Has there been any update on the issue? I haven't seen any patch notes regarding it so i assume the bug is still in effect.
    edited September 2014
    freenos85 wrote: »
    Has there been any update on the issue? I haven't seen any patch notes regarding it so i assume the bug is still in effect.

They've chosen to ignore the R&D bugs (heck all bugs) in favor of Delta Rising. Given how buggy DR is at the moment, I don't blame them.

As far as I know:
    1) The UR consoles (engineering AND science) are getting no mods.
    2) Beams and cannons are the only two schools getting the new mods promised in Hawk's blog post.
    3) The [Arc] mod sometimes fails to show in weapons that should have it, therefore allowing more mods sometimes.
    4) The engineering trait from level 15 is broken

The bad news:
    The fixes to 1 wouldn't be retroactive as I don't think they have a way to rectify consoles missing mods.
    edited September 2014
    Every school except beams and cannons are getting the new mods Hawk promised in his blog post.

"except beams and cannons"? or are these the only ones getting their new mods? could swear i saw a lot of [Rapid], [Pen] and other mods out there.
    The bad news:
    The fixes to 1 wouldn't be retroactive as I don't think they have a way to rectify consoles missing mods.

They could just just implement a temporary assignment that would give us a random console of the same ur quality in exchange for our worthless ones without any mods. They could also reduce the upgrade cost of these items (since i hope they get their missing mod when they will achieve epic rarity; still pretty expensive)
    edited September 2014
    "except beams and cannons"? or are these the only ones getting their new mods? could swear i saw a lot of [Rapid], [Pen] and other mods out there.

They could just just implement a temporary assignment that would give us a random console of the same ur quality in exchange for our worthless ones without any mods. They could also reduce the upgrade cost of these items (since i hope they get their missing mod when they will achieve epic rarity; still pretty expensive)

Rapid and pen ARE beams and cannons mods.

I mean these:
    Torpedo:
    [Pen] – This mod causes all of its weapons attacks to ignore 10 points of Damage Resistance Rating on their target.
    Shield:
    [Amp] – This mod increases the strength of all heals used on the equipped starship by 10%.
    Engines:
    [Damp] – This mod increases the owner’s resistance to all crowd control effects.
    Deflector:
    [CdrS] – This mod grants Cooldown Reduction on all non-damaging Science powers.
    Ground Weapons:
    [Run] – This mod increases the run speed of the owner by 20%.

I look every day for [Amp], [Damp], [CdrS], and [Run] in the Exchange. They don't exist. They probably developed even more mods, but since they are not tied into the crafting system, we've never seen them.
    edited September 2014
    Rapid and pen ARE beams and cannons mods.

Yeah, you wrote "except" in your previous post. That's why i was asking. "except beam and cannons" means everything but beams and cannons gets modifiers.
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, you wrote "except" in your previous post. That's why i was asking. "except beam and cannons" means everything but beams and cannons gets modifiers.

Ok, you got me. Kind of sleepy and English isn't my main language. Edited that post.
    edited September 2014
    Ok, you got me. Kind of sleepy and English isn't my main language. Edited that post.

No probs, it isn't mine either.