test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

reputaion rewards comparison?

lyran2lyran2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Greetings all,

Having recently reached lvl 50, I've got a question on the rewards gained from the reputaion system.

Specifically, is there a good resource available that can compare, side by side, the various equipment and sets (equipment and weapons) (space and ground) found in the various reputaions.

After doing soe initial research it appears that many people opt for hybrid builds when it comes to the equipment available from the various reputaions and the respective stores. EX: sheild and deflector from one set, warp from another, impulse from yet another.

Would it be better to loadout a complete 4 (or 3 piece) space set for equipment (warp, shields, impulse, deflector) and THEN loadout any of the specialty weapons and then fill in the gaps with Mk XI or MkXII gear?

Or is it better to pool resources and, like a imentioned earlier, go hybrid, and pull quipment (shields, impulse, deflector, warp) from the various reputation rewards?

It seems to me that if there was a resource available that someone could compare the specs of the various equipment sets, it would serve to make players much happier in the end. Having a "shopping list" to shoot for and acquire. Rather then burn through reputation marks, dilithium and EC only to get set pieces that you don't fit your play style.

Thanks
Post edited by lyran2 on

Comments

• Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To keep it short: if you have a look at the STO wiki you will most likely find anything you want to know pretty detailed.

EDIT: Specifically HERE

And HERE you find a comparison of the various reputation-sets
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It depends a lot on what you want to build. For Purpose A on Ship B, you use the Assimilated set with a Fleet shield. For Purpose X on Ship Y, you use the full Dyson set. Its like asking what the numerically best flavor of ice cream is.

Short term, a solid setup is to farm up either the Solanae or Jem'Hadar 3-piece set (excellent holdover sets and free) and some decent weapons (Mk11 blue are better than a lot of people give them credit for), then pick one or two reps at a time and build them up (Omega and Romulan are usually the easiest and have the most flexible stuff, though 8472 has a lot of good toys too). When you get a rep to T5 you get a stack of 750 marks and 32,000 dil as well (except for Omega; D'vak is a cheapskate) so its worth going all the way even if you don't want the T5 gear.
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lyran2 wrote: »
    Greetings all,

Having recently reached lvl 50, I've got a question on the rewards gained from the reputaion system.

Specifically, is there a good resource available that can compare, side by side, the various equipment and sets (equipment and weapons) (space and ground) found in the various reputaions.

After doing soe initial research it appears that many people opt for hybrid builds when it comes to the equipment available from the various reputaions and the respective stores. EX: sheild and deflector from one set, warp from another, impulse from yet another.

Would it be better to loadout a complete 4 (or 3 piece) space set for equipment (warp, shields, impulse, deflector) and THEN loadout any of the specialty weapons and then fill in the gaps with Mk XI or MkXII gear?

Or is it better to pool resources and, like a imentioned earlier, go hybrid, and pull quipment (shields, impulse, deflector, warp) from the various reputation rewards?

It seems to me that if there was a resource available that someone could compare the specs of the various equipment sets, it would serve to make players much happier in the end. Having a "shopping list" to shoot for and acquire. Rather then burn through reputation marks, dilithium and EC only to get set pieces that you don't fit your play style.

Thanks

I'm probably not much help because I don't PVP or anything. I kind of just run my ships with what strikes my fancy. Sometimes I run complete sets other times I mix and match. As far as reputation, I've completed the Borg, and Romulan, I'm like 95% done with Nukara, and probably like 75% percent done with the Dyson and Undine. I used to one PVE event of each thing a day to get the daily marks etc. It works for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are 2 kind of people. The ones that want the best of the best, and it doesnt matter what ship they are piloting, and the ones that are "smarter" and build a ship with specific reputation items that will fit better with your ship class and boffs stations, for example.

If it is the first case, most people will go for the omega reputation and make a complete set of the maco stuff, or just the 2 pieces set that will provide hull regeneration. Some reputations will favor some specific weapon energy types, but the omega reputation is maybe the only reptutation that fits almost any energy type, and thats the reason a lot of people go for it (and because still most of the maco stuff is the best of the game zzzzz). But if you want more fun and more challenge, dont do this.

Me, for example, all my rommies have the romulan reputation in em because i want to keep the romulan look on all my romulans and honestly, i like romulan reputation items. The only exception is one of em, that has a mixed build of the jem haddar MKXII space set and romulan reputation.Phased Polaron beams + hyper plasma torp. It works amazingly well, i must say.

Other toons, my KDF main has a Karfi carrier, loaded with fluidic antiproton beams, so i needed the obelisk warp core and the AP beam to make the 2 piece set that gives me 10% boost to the antiproton damage. Now im going to one of the undine sets that will give me as well more boost to it. It depends on the style of your ship.

Because of this, the first thing you need to figure it out is what sort of ship you going to build. Including the boff stations, skills, energy type to use, what systems of your ship you will want to boost (to mix em with the proper reputation or the proper items) and a huge etc.

For pvp?? pff i really cant say since i dont do pvp since ages ago, bur for pvp i suposse the maco set is the one that everybody uses. But are you going to pvp? seriously? --
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Great point's one and all, thannk you very much.

Truth be told, I probably won't pvp, as I've been solo PVE the entire time. So, that probably won't change. What will change is how I approach loading out my character.

I will look at the links posted above and try to do some research on the sets there. Hopefully, I'll find some sets and suggestions that will work with my current antiproton setup. Hell, if I like what I find I may just scrap my current setup in favor of something else.

Thanks again one and all.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    To keep it short: if you have a look at the STO wiki you will most likely find anything you want to know pretty detailed.

EDIT: Specifically HERE

And HERE you find a comparison of the various reputation-sets

it looks like the last link that you posted will be where most of my research will be done. Still, I wish there was a side by side chart that I could more easily compare stats.

Thanks again.