test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporary Model Swap for the TR-116

sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
First, I want to say, I am fully aware that making a 3D model takes for freaking ever to do and that it would be a drain on resources to do so. However, I would like to request that since the TR-116B is using the very old and ancient TR rifle model that no one really likes (orange holos? Really?), could we swap it out with the nicer (and closer to canon) Elite Fleet Sniper Rifle model?

Here's a comparison of the three models. Top is the Fleet Sniper Rifle. Middle is the Canon appearance of the TR-116 as seen in Deep Space Nine. And bottom is the TR-116 as it appears in-game.

Budwp6eCIAAy5WJ.jpg

As you can see the Fleet Sniper more closely resemble the TR and lacks many of the irritating things about the existing model. Even if you handwaved it as the new model being the "production version" of the TR-116, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
Post edited by sirboulevard on

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Or they could even just keep the same basic current model and lose the holographic fiddly-bits...

Seriously, whose idea WERE those stupid things?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    Transport enhancers for the projectile's special ability.
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Or they could even just keep the same basic current model and lose the holographic fiddly-bits...

Seriously, whose idea WERE those stupid things?

That still requires artist time to delete them. I'd rather have a quick and dirty solution until they can make a proper model (presumably after they finish Delta Rising).
    Transport enhancers for the projectile's special ability.

Tr-116B does not have that ability. And the TR-116A does not need transport enhancers - it has a built-in tranporter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fleet Sniper rifle is much longer than that.

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/Shm8Tnv.jpg

Still a good idea, wish the TR-116 looked better.