test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

- Official Star Trek Delta Rising Announcement

Comments

• lordosirislordosiris Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very good news.
    I better start saving up my montly stipend, Looking forward driving a t6 ship. :D
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    When should this hit Tribble?
    Word is that the first pieces will trickle in mid to late August, so probably a couple of weeks.
    sirokk wrote: »
    Ok, now we can solo multiple Borg cubes at one time! That's what we needed! ...sorry, that's what THEY needed, because ship sales are down.

So, is everyone ready to start throwing money at, perhaps, marginally better ships?

Cryptic, I'll give you money if you allow us to upgrade our lower-tier (I through IV) ships to Tier V. No? Your missing out on a lot of money that players would be willing to give - ships that are already designed, just need to change their specs in the database. Easy money!

At the very least, make all the NPCs in the game more powerful. We shouldn't be able to vape Borg cubes so fast - they are supposed to be adaptable.

Well with the increase of level cap I imagine there will be correspondingly difficult content as well.

And CBS has forbid the Tier 5 Connie. That's reality.
    orion272 wrote: »
    I like that they are going to up the level cap real soon, but...bad part is that they are going to make new ships for tier 6. Why? Why not upgrade the tier 5 ships to tier 6 and release a new like of a lower tier ships? What will happen to all the money I spent on this game? My Avenger, my MVAE and many others will become TRIBBLE. I can't believe this. And we prob know that some tier 6 ships will be upgrades of our current ones. And if they think i'm gonna pay more zen for a tier 6 ship they are mistaken.

The tier 5 ships will be able to be upgraded to tier 6 but only to a point.

Apparently the tier 6 ships will have special abilities that only they will be capable of accessing, while the tier 5 will be able to be upgraded to comparable stats they won't get the new abilities.

Also, apparently there's going to be a new division of Bridge Officer.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And that's why you don't buy ZEN but you play abit I try to get it from dil ;)
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just want to know. Are we FINALLY getting playable Talaxians? We were told we would get playable Talaxians ages ago. There were even some assets for them in the tailor for some species.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well that was ... something .

If I may , I would take a poke at two things in the Blog :
    In Delta Rising, enterprising captains are sent to explore the Delta Quadrant, joining forces with and opposing the efforts of well-known species seen on Star Trek: Voyager, such as the Talaxians, the Ocampa, the Kazon, as well as lesser known species.

At this point in my "shoot to kill" Starfleet career , I really hope we'll be joining the Kazon to shoot some Talaxians and Ocampa .
    It just strikes me as natural progression at this point .
    The year 2410 also brings with it new technology. The Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Republic have been learning from the many foes they have faced, and have developed new series of starships, more powerful than ever before.

Yeah , so remember when the players told you year after year that it made no sense to keep us in 2409 ?
    Well guess what ?
    It made no sense that the Dyson ships were developed and fielded in one year , and it makes even less sense that "new and more powerful ships" get developed and fielded in the following year .
    Take a note from the ST technical manuals , and quit telling your players that the F-22 & F-35 got developed & fielded in a couple of years .

... yeah I know ... it's a game ... , which is why I'm supposed to believe that fashion stood still for 30 years in the Delta Quadrant .
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    psyloaf wrote: »
    Cryptic, I believe I speak for most everyone here, when I say: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D
    I really do wish that was what everyone's opinion was.

I really really do.
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    baratgab wrote: »
    I welcome the new content; to be honest, Voyager was my favorite series, and I never saw any reason for the widespread dismay about it.

But as I stated elsewhere, I don't understand the need for even more ships, especially a whole new tier... There are still a lot of things to improve and problems to solve, which would have added much more to the appeal of the game (even financially, I think), with less headache to people who invested heavily in previous ships.

How about real 3D space fight? (Seriously, I can't pitch beyond certain angle in space??)

Or making the ship bridges useful? (Why are they separate from the ship's location, with the viewscreen always showing nil? Why not be able to see outside and navigate the ship?)

Or upgrading the animations that depict characters interacting with objects? (It's completely unbelievable that they are doing anything intelligent with the consoles, etc.)

It seems to me that the developers just don't want to think, or are so used to the game's systems that they can't think outside the box any more.

(BTW, is the Undine space battle zone playable at all? I was never able to enjoy it due to the enormous lag. I would be surprised if it was solved, since the developer team did not even acknowledge the graphics performance issue in the first place.)

It's been fairly obvious to most seasoned gamers that we've needed a cap level increase for sometime. When in a game you have a large portion of the player base pushing the power ceiling and owning content you have to make the game tougher.

I'm looking forward to 10 levels of storyline content. I'm also intrigued by spec trees... STO already has a fairly complex character system with skills, traits, reputation, ships, gear, accolade bonuses and now add to that spec trees.. I want to see how it all plays out.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    And CBS has forbid the Tier 5 Connie. That's reality.

Prove it. This argument is trotted out time and time again by players, but I have never seen a place where it has been confirmed by a dev or CBS themselves that CBS vetoed a t5 connie.
    I need a beer.

• kadvelkadvel Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a feeling that Ethan Phillips might show up. After all, he is the Federation ambassador to the Delta Quadrant. Not to mention he wouldn't cost as much money to add to the VO cast as say Kate Mulgrew (God that would be amazing!) or Jeri Ryan.
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm SO excited!
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • bcohen77bcohen77 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wilv wrote: »
    I just want to know. Are we FINALLY getting playable Talaxians? We were told we would get playable Talaxians ages ago. There were even some assets for them in the tailor for some species.

That's what I want to know? Will we get to play Tallaxians?!? Maybe give Kazon to the KDF?
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Smirk:

As a community manager, I am led to believe that your position "flows" both ways, not only are you responsible for deploying information to the players, you are tasked with passing information back up the chain!!!

As such, please advise your boss, your boss's boss, someone in power at Cryptic that can speak to your boss or boss's boss, that the level of information flowing forth from the Cryptic/PWE camp is "way too tight" for us Westerners...

We're not conditioned / programmed to wait for "the regularly scheduled release time" for "major" announcements such as today's (aka the "regularly scheduled information release date") official acknowledgement on Delta Rising, which was first spoken of Saturday, or with the release of the Xindi Lockbox (and the entirety of the S9.5 launch, for that matter).

Rumor mill indicates there's 40 dev blogs, and ~55 days before X2 launches. Am I to expect multiple dev blogs on Mondays and Thursdays (only), are we gonna wait till the 41st day before launch and get one a day till release, or is there some kind of decent spacing planned? And are there gonna be weekend releases - which, I may warn you now, will bring questions as to why dev blogs can come out on weekends but not major press...

Another note - I can understand the "marketing logic" of leading with everything else about X2, including the kitchen sink, but not the ship information till just before release. However, this isn't the brightest thing to do in light of the information drought we've recently "suffered through" - give us the fluff, then some solid[/i] information (preferably by this weekend ends) as to what will happen, shipwise...

And not "it will be competitive, trust us" - I'm (and most likely many others are) talking - spell out T6 ship specs, a small but decent sample of T6 power(s), what the "upgrade" consists of, and what the upgrade will cost. If anything, the "new" BOff class can be the "after kitchen sink" special announcement...

I can understand a boss that's preferably tight-lipped, or a major proponent of schedule adherence. However, said scheduling is very "westerner unfriendly" and needs adjustment now
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Alright, as requested I won't say anything about REDACTED in my reply. :)

Since I cannot reveal any further details about upcoming Delta Rising content at this time, all I can say is stay tuned for more info as our promotional blog schedule leading up to X2 has officially kicked off with today's post.

We will have answers for all of your questions raised in this thread (except T5 connies) in the coming weeks with our upcoming blogs.

Thanks for your patience during this time of anticipation!

~CaptainSmirk
  • bobalazsbobalazs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please, please, please, pretty please fix the graphics issues in this fine game!

Especially the lighting and depth options!

quad core + 7750 = 5-30 FPS.
  • opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    Judging by the tone of the article with regards to tier 6 ships it sounds like they're going to be far superior than current ships in game.. the rage will be epic :cool:

It's starting to become one of my favorite parts of the forum. I haven't had this much fun with a forum since I modded O&A's board...

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So now I guess I know why it took so long for something on the website - the announcement video is based on material from the Las Vegas convention, so it probably needed to be cut and edited before it was ready.

It may have been better to have a game-engine based trailer first that they could present at Las Vegas and on the website, and then later do the announcement video.
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    And why exactly was it not possible to have this blog be "auto-released" by your webservers on Saturday?

PRobably because they wanted that video, and that video could not be ready any sooner than it was. I don't think it was the best way to do it. It seems to me the industry standard is more "make a trailer, release it on a thematically appropriate convention, and then on the web."...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited August 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Smirk:

As a community manager, I am led to believe that your position "flows" both ways, not only are you responsible for deploying information to the players, you are tasked with passing information back up the chain!!!

As such, please advise your boss, your boss's boss, someone in power at Cryptic that can speak to your boss or boss's boss, that the level of information flowing forth from the Cryptic/PWE camp is "way too tight" for us Westerners...

We're not conditioned / programmed to wait for "the regularly scheduled release time" for "major" announcements such as today's (aka the "regularly scheduled information release date") official acknowledgement on Delta Rising, which was first spoken of Saturday, or with the release of the Xindi Lockbox (and the entirety of the S9.5 launch, for that matter).

Rumor mill indicates there's 40 dev blogs, and ~55 days before X2 launches. Am I to expect multiple dev blogs on Mondays and Thursdays (only), are we gonna wait till the 41st day before launch and get one a day till release, or is there some kind of decent spacing planned? And are there gonna be weekend releases - which, I may warn you now, will bring questions as to why dev blogs can come out on weekends but not major press...

Another note - I can understand the "marketing logic" of leading with everything else about X2, including the kitchen sink, but not the ship information till just before release. However, this isn't the brightest thing to do in light of the information drought we've recently "suffered through" - give us the fluff, then some solid[/i] information (preferably by this weekend ends) as to what will happen, shipwise...

And not "it will be competitive, trust us" - I'm (and most likely many others are) talking - spell out T6 ship specs, a small but decent sample of T6 power(s), what the "upgrade" consists of, and what the upgrade will cost. If anything, the "new" BOff class can be the "after kitchen sink" special announcement...

I can understand a boss that's preferably tight-lipped, or a major proponent of schedule adherence. However, said scheduling is very "westerner unfriendly" and needs adjustment now

Never fear, we will be hunting through posts and threads to find info we can pass up the chain in response to player feedback. We want to make sure your voices are heard too! I can't guarantee everyone will be heard and/or get everything you want, but I will do my best to bring feedback to the team.

~CaptainSmirk
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Right, we're not asking for you to spoil the plot. We want technical details regarding the ships we already have, that many of us are paying customers for.
    edited August 2014
    So now I guess I know why it took so long for something on the website - the announcement video is based on material from the Las Vegas convention, so it probably needed to be cut and edited before it was ready.

It may have been better to have a game-engine based trailer first that they could present at Las Vegas and on the website, and then later do the announcement video.

We indeed did want to make sure to give our video team the time they needed to edit and format the video for public release, and they did a great job! We are very proud of them and the video itself. The Vegas team did a great job at the convention. Just look at how happy they made harry Kim :D

~CaptainSmirk

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Never fear, we will be hunting through posts and threads to find info we can pass up the chain in response to player feedback. We want to make sure your voices are heard too! I can't guarantee everyone will be heard and/or get everything you want, but I will do my best to bring feedback to the team.

~CaptainSmirk
    That convinces me that one of the first blogs will be about the ship tier power levels in order to clear up the confusion. ;)
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bcohen77 wrote: »
    That's what I want to know? Will we get to play Tallaxians?!? Maybe give Kazon to the KDF?

Nice idea. I would love to make a Kazon on the KDF side!
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Will there be Krenim at some point? Frankly they are far more interesting and have a lot more potential then the Talaxians or Ocampa.

Hmmm, do Ocampan characters auto-delete in X amount of time after they are created? :cool:
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nathrael wrote: »
    Will there be Krenim at some point? Frankly they are far more interesting and have a lot more potential then the Talaxians or Ocampa.

Hmmm, do Ocampan characters auto-delete in X amount of time after they are created? :cool:

I'm pretty sure the Krenim won that poll they did ages ago; they'll likely be one of the main big antagonists in the Delta Quadrant.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously, What about out T5 and brand new ships? What about T5 fleet ships?

Did I open a garbage scow worth of lock boxes to get my Xindi dreadnought just to see it become obsolete a few WEEKS later?

Or buy a Dyson Sphere Science ship for the same thing?

And the voth ships I got a month ago are those going to get short changed too?

If Captain Smirk passes one thing up the chain it should be the level of epic rage people who just got endgame ships will feel if ships become obsolete a few weeks or a couple of months after getting/buying them. :mad::(:confused:

Seriously I spent quite a bit of real money making my toons competitive again after not playing the game for two years, and a lot of time grinding up levels again and getting various special bits and bobbles.

The level cap isn't such a big deal if handled properly in the game, and the new content is very welcome.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Says the fool for believing everyone else.

carcharodon1975 has a damn slight bigger pool of evidence to back up his (for that matter, any sane person here) point than you could ever scrape together, so unless something cataclysmal happens I'm expecting to get a very bad deal. Considering the position used to be that you could fly your favourite ship at end game, that's not going to be the case any more. And what happens when they try to raise the cap to 70, when ever that inevitably happens......
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The god awful, completely pointless staple of MMOs has come, the level cap raise. Making all previous gear downright hopeless (let's hope these "new boff" features consist of nothing more than deciding what exactly you want your given number of boff stations to be).

Firstly, I do NOT want to spend another, oh I don't know, 10 hours (let's assume 1 hour per level), levelling EACH of my 49 characters (I have 49+2 Foundry) (I still wait for that number to go up, but a character cap increase will likely never happen) again.

Secondly, Adding new Level 60 ships and gear will TRIBBLE off just about anyone who has any reputation gear, fleet gear, hell, anything that isn't the free stuff you get on a level 40 ship. Should the new level 60 ships be better than current ships, you will get a lot of people pissed that the ship they spent ages of time/real money/luckbox getting because what used to be a good ship, is now made useless. Customizable BOff slots and consoles would be a great advantage to a ship, even if statwise other ships are slightly better.

Specializations sound like a really bad idea. At the moment, the 3 classes are roughly even, with tactical being damage dealer, engineer being damage resist (tank if you will), and science being equally balanced. New specializations will throw this weak balancing even further out the airlock. Allowing us to put more skillpoints into the current skills however would not be a bad thing though.

Delta Quadrant seems nice though, and a good few story missions would really help (let's say a minimum of 15, this IS an expansion after all).

A new reputation is inevitable, but probably not very welcomed, the current 5 are already pushing their trait limits, any more and the choices become overwhelming.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Prove it. This argument is trotted out time and time again by players, but I have never seen a place where it has been confirmed by a dev or CBS themselves that CBS vetoed a t5 connie.

Right here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1162461

Happy now?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So according to Al Rivera this is the biggest expnsion since Legacy of Romulus, making it the biggest expansion since the last expansion.
  • godimasgodimas Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wonder if there will be boxes of goodies available, similar to when LOR launched..... Wouldent mind it if there were :)
This discussion has been closed.