test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Play what you create

deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
like to see the person or people who came up with the new crafting system be forced to play it through to max rank in all schools.

new account
no dev tricks.
just like any newb.

see how 'fun' and useful it is. if it's not fun for the people who created it, how the frack do you think it's fun for the players? useful?

waiting for projects to finish, that's fun?
craft something you won't be able to retrieve for hours? when something a few ranks lower takes minutes? where is the justification for the amount of time required increasing so rapidly?

yeah, i get the rush option, SOP for you cryptic, that classic zen to dil conversion you bank on. seems to be getting old though and less are queuing up now eh? what happens when you beat a trick into the ground.

did you ever think of...well you know, actually making it fun and useful? i'd call any of the devs who where forced to level their crafting on a new account a liar if they claimed they could actually even craft anything to match their rank, much less if they called it fun and engaging.

grats, you've made something that only old players or players with a ton of resources can use. further increasing the gap between newbs to the game and old timers. way to try and get new players engaged...or don't you care about getting new players anymore? just going to milk what you have is that it?

times need reduced for all crafting
xp needs increased so that it more closely matches a character leveling, so that you can actually make something useful for you at the rank you are.

dil costs for rushing need to be drastically reduced
seriously, get off that train. it left the station a long time ago, make cost reasonable, think of how much an average player can make in a day and scale from there. that should be the basis for any costs.
restore what you called a glitch to allow multiple projects of the same type. if you have to personal and resources, why are you limited?

average player rank vs cost. instead of your current> players with a ton of resources and everything based off them AND how much cash they're willing to convert to dil. your metrics are skewed. unless of course you have no newish players to speak of...wonder why that could be.

probably because games are supposed to be fun, which brings me back to what i opened with.

PLAY YOUR "GREAT" IDEAS.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Post edited by deadspacex64 on

Comments

• Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    times need reduced for all crafting
    xp needs increased so that it more closely matches a character leveling, so that you can actually make something useful for you at the rank you are.

Congradulations, 0-50 will now take... 9 months per character, with skill boosts and a "training" class at every 10 levels that scales from 15 minutes to a week at L50
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Congradulations, 0-50 will now take... 9 months per character, with skill boosts and a "training" class at every 10 levels that scales from 15 minutes to a week at L50

and the alternative is a crafting system that is unusable for newbs. further, you can adjust either, crafting xp or leveling speed of the character. ideally both so they mesh better. even given that, find mats, enough to actually make anything early is a fail.

and what exactly is wrong with slowing down the rocket sled to 50? personally i i have thought for a long time that the rise is far to fast. i get that some players don't have a lot of time to spend playing so would lag behind those that can spend more time. that issues has been solved in several mmo's by giving bonus xp while offline. amount gained dependent on how long you're offline for.

the old crafting system was useless, new crafting system needs work, while not useless, that doesn't mean it's optimal. getting new players hooked through crafting should be a prerogative. gives them one more reason to play the game as they can make shinys early. current system? not happening. crafting lags far behind player leveling.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.