test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Mission/Story Content for Delta Rising - REQUEST

jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
I have enjoyed the new featured episodes that have been released since season 8 last november. The locations and storylines have been very interesting and I am EXCITED about this autumn...

BUT

The one issue that I have had is that all these new missions are very single player focused. Gone are the days of running new content with your fleetmates, with difficulty scaling based on the number of players on a team. The Sphere arc was all solo play only.

STO is an "MM"ORPG, the two 'M's stand for Massively Multiplayer, but there is a dwindling amount of true multiplayer content (especially with Geko's recent comments on Single Player Queue content).

SO

I have one request/prayer... please, please make new missions in delta rising playable by teams. Give us a chance to play the game with friends. Give us the chance to talk through and enjoy this new content together as a group. The social element of the game is SO important and over the recent year or more this aspect has been failing. This causes players to leave as social cohesion makes players a lot more 'sticky' than any other aspect of the game.

Thanks and v excited :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
Post edited by jackal1701apw on

Comments

• Options
    euar0euar0 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ^^ Agree completely
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At the very least, let us use our own ship and Bridge Officers! My Away Team is getting bored sitting around on the ship while I get all the fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    were all the missions released in LoR single player?

No.

So why expect DR's to be single player?

the only reason many of the newer ones were single player was because they were emphasizing the story that only your captain exsists among the player characters.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Whatever missions they're gonna release they're probably already made by now. I don't understand why people wait till they're ready to release something onto Tribble before suggesting this.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The latest FE have been quite complicated in all the different choices and transfering you to different ships, and trying to make the story feel connected between you and the specific VO talent.

i would expect the episodes in DR to be more like LOR and therefore much shorter, easier to team less technically complicated so i expect for the most part you will get your wish.

and yes i would agree as i would like to see my away team once in a while.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And another request.. people will never learn lol.

They already have in mind everything they going to release in the next expansion, stop doing requests... :P, and even if they didnt, they will never take in consideration any request / idea coming from players.. so. I really admire how much you people like to post this sort of things in the forums :P

Plus, a teamed FE?? lol, that will never happen. Too much work making a teamed FE.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    they will never take in consideration any request / idea coming from players.. so. I really admire how much you people like to post this sort of things in the forums :P

of course they do. the little emote makes it hard to tell but i mean do you honestly believe that? ive lost count of the number of things that have happened because of player suggestions. i've seen numerous over the last month and i even had one of my requests done only last week.

and while he is probably too late to change it now, he was not asking for a team FE specifically, just that its possible to team like almost every other mission in the game before the last 4 FE.
  • Options
    opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    diotw wrote: »
    At the very least, let us use our own ship and Bridge Officers! My Away Team is getting bored sitting around on the ship while I get all the fun.

I am going to ask for this as well please.

Although, the last episodes had plenty of use for our ships I would like to point out.

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    and while he is probably too late to change it now, he was not asking for a team FE specifically, just that its possible to team like almost every other mission in the game before the last 4 FE.

Exactly that. I am asking that they don't restrict the new mission/story content to single player only maps. Let us bring our boffs or team with other players.

People are leaving the game due to the lack of social interaction the new content provides. Queuing together in PVE encounters or teaming to explore a BZ is one thing, but it doesn't have the same feel as teaming up to run through a new storyline mission for the first time. Like when the original long stfs or the first sets of featured episodes came out.

There are still two and a bit months before DR is due to launch. The request is just that - if they have it mind to have single player only maps - please don't and spend some time over the next dozen weeks putting in scaling enemies that allow the missions to be run in teams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    of course they do. the little emote makes it hard to tell but i mean do you honestly believe that? ive lost count of the number of things that have happened because of player suggestions. i've seen numerous over the last month and i even had one of my requests done only last week.

You wrong. If sometimes cryptic does things that players wants it is because its a coincidence, nothing more. Because sometimes, cryptic will do things that , casually are the same that a lot of players requested. But because there is a moment in which almost everything is done, but most of the times player request are never listened. If you think the opposite, then you obviously are playing in another universe.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You wrong. If sometimes cryptic does things that players wants it is because its a coincidence, nothing more. Because sometimes, cryptic will do things that , casually are the same that a lot of players requested. But because there is a moment in which almost everything is done, but most of the times player request are never listened. If you think the opposite, then you obviously are playing in another universe.

Oh go and stew in your own cynicism
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    edited August 2014

First of all, prove it. Prove that I am wrong. You have your claim now back it up with some evidence. Second no I dont live in a different universe because I have a different view point to you. I dont need that arrogance from you.

You cant just dismiss every change that happens to match what players have asked for by saying its a coincidence. how convenient for you but there is no way that if you removed the forums over the last 4 years that this game would have developed identically to how it has now. Devs have had discussions with players on these forums and the end result has been changes directly affected by the conversation.

Let me give you some examples off the top of my head.

The doff update. After it went live people asked for a way to make the icons smaller, they asked for filters to hide unmeet missions. Neither were in the old system and unless people asked for then then no need to add them.

People did not like the high expertise and commodities in the rep, so they changed them. They wanted cancel buttons. they added them. They did not like that starbases had split the use of doffs per career so they consolidated them. There is no need to make those changes if everyone is happy with them.

The uniform update. highly request for a long time. there is very little to gain from that other than a minor increase in presentation. if that had not been requested over and over there probably would have been no change if no one has an issue with it. You just dont waste that much time changing something everybody already likes.

The counter to the disco ball. do you honestly think they would have added a counter to an social item unless people had asked for it?

People asked for the vesta, they got it. people asked for romulans to be the next faction. they got it. they asked for voyager in the latest poll, we are getting it. These are not coincidences. people are asking for things and getting them.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And another request.. people will never learn lol.

They already have in mind everything they going to release in the next expansion, stop doing requests... :P, and even if they didnt, they will never take in consideration any request / idea coming from players.. so. I really admire how much you people like to post this sort of things in the forums :P

Plus, a teamed FE?? lol, that will never happen. Too much work making a teamed FE.

Tacofangs said he'd try to get Trophies working in the new Interior because we care about them. So they do care.
  • Options
    sirtexassirsirtexassir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure folks have said it, but for me since I do solo a lot. It would be nice that I can put all these extra Bridge Officers I have not doing anything into one of my other ships and have them tag along as a wing man in missions. Just like if you had a PC buddy with you. Of course since there AI they won't be as good and I would be just fine with a limit of just one at any time (if another player has his set up, that would be a party of 4 ships, just like if you teamed up with others pretty much).