test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - August 6, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140720a.10

General:
  • Research & Development:
    • Players can now queue up to 5 of any given component project simultaneously in a single crafting slot.
      • To use this new function, click on the "Quantity" button at the top of the Component crafting assignment, then drag the slider from "1" to your desired number of components.
      • Crafting components in this way uses a proportional number of materials and returns a proportionate number of components based on whether you Succeed or Crit.
      • Slotting one catalysts in a queued component project counts towards all components crafted by that queued project.
      • Only 1 Open Slot will be needed regardless of the quantity size 1-5 chosen for a particular component.
    • The Conductive RCS Accelerator now has a chance to gain either Science Console attributes OR Engineering Console attributes, when upgraded to Ultra Rare.
      • This will only affect new consoles that are upgraded.
      • All existing consoles of this type will remain as they currently are.
  • The explosion from the Phased Biomatter Bomb, Rifle Secondary, can now be avoided if player quickly leaves the area.
  • Resolved an issue which prevented the outfit slot type from being accessible when the fleet uniform option was also present.
  • Tour The Galaxy will now grant credit to all members in a team.
  • Motivation:
    • Cooldown reduced from 45 seconds to 35 seconds.
    • Duration increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
    • The max healing threshold can now be increased with points in Squad Command.
  • Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser and Disruptor Turrets from the Counter-Command set can both be equipped at the same time once again.
    • This only counts as 1 item for purposes of completing the Counter-Command Ordnance set bonus.
    • Player must still have both consoles and the Bio-Molecular Torpedo equipped to get the full four-piece set bonus.
  • Resolved an issue where some Duty Officer assignments would get into a negative time state and wouldn’t complete.
  • Duty Officer filter “Show with met reqs.” will now correctly leave out assignments where the player does not have enough of the required Duty Officers.

Known Issues:
  • Khazon Cluster missions are not giving credit for Khazon exploration accolades.
  • Deadly Intent Module does not work on some weapons.
  • Servin and Veela System Patrols cannot be entered.
  • Traits cannot be switched on the player’s bridge.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any fix or acknowledgement of the Aegis bugs?

You still don't get the shield or engine procs unless you equip the full set.

If it's WAI that the old sets don't get the updated feature, can we get a description change at least?

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The explosion from the Phased Biomatter Bomb, Rifle Secondary, can now be avoided if player quickly leaves the area.

Sweet! Thanks for listening!
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    [*]Players can now queue up to 5 of any given component project simultaneously in a single crafting slot.

Why just 5 ? Find it little too low . Try to make it to at least 20 please .
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jornado wrote: »
    Any fix or acknowledgement of the Aegis bugs?

You still don't get the shield or engine procs unless you equip the full set.

If it's WAI that the old sets don't get the updated feature, can we get a description change at least?

Thanks.

Looking at it, it's a bug.

...if I can reproduce it, which is proving somewhat problematic.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Odyssey 2 badge (comes with fleet dress uniform) is missing the second color option for male characters. You can only change the color of the chevron and not the rectangular backing. It's fine on females. Please fix. :(

(LOVE the new Odyssey uniform options. They're beautiful! :D)
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Players can now queue up to 5 of any given component project simultaneously in a single crafting slot.
    • To use this new function, click on the "Quantity" button at the top of the Component crafting assignment, then drag the slider from "1" to your desired number of components.
    • Crafting components in this way uses a proportional number of materials and returns a proportionate number of components based on whether you Succeed or Crit.
    • Slotting one catalysts in a queued component project counts towards all components crafted by that queued project.
    • Only 1 Open Slot will be needed regardless of the quantity size 1-5 chosen for a particular component.

Does that mean that either all components crit or none do, or is there an independent roll for each component?
    Tour The Galaxy will now grant credit to all members in a team.

Does this mean we can complete the Tour faster by having different team members visit different sectors?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140720a.10

General:
      • Players can now queue up to 5 of any given component project simultaneously in a single crafting slot.
      • The Conductive RCS Accelerator now has a chance to gain either Science Console attributes OR Engineering Console attributes, when upgraded to Ultra Rare.

I want to applaud the devs on both these changes. Keeping Science mods in the RCS console avoids some players having an unfair advantage (like me, damn I paid too much, but what's done is done), and keeps them useful (a lot of Eng bonuses are junk). On the crafting side, being able to make 5 at a time saves a LOT of annoying clicking.

Question, how do crits work on crafting 5? Will all 5 crit if one crits or each one has an individual chance to crit and get 3 parts.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Speaking of bugs, can you take a look at these when you get the chance?

Damage of turret modules still too low
    Turret Kit Module doing too little damage (XI VR)
    Expose chances on science and engineering abilities halved
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014

General:
    • The explosion from the Phased Biomatter Bomb, Rifle Secondary, can now be avoided if player quickly leaves the area.
    • Resolved an issue which prevented the outfit slot type from being accessible when the fleet uniform option was also present.
    • Tour The Galaxy will now grant credit to all members in a team.
    • Motivation:
      • Cooldown reduced from 45 seconds to 35 seconds.
      • Duration increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
      • The max healing threshold can now be increased with points in Squad Command.
    • Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser and Disruptor Turrets from the Counter-Command set can both be equipped at the same time once again.
      • This only counts as 1 item for purposes of completing the Counter-Command Ordnance set bonus.
      • Player must still have both consoles and the Bio-Molecular Torpedo equipped to get the full four-piece set bonus.
    • Resolved an issue where some Duty Officer assignments would get into a negative time state and wouldn’t complete.
    • Duty Officer filter “Show with met reqs.” will now correctly leave out assignments where the player does not have enough of the required Duty Officers.

Known Issues:
    • Khazon Cluster missions are not giving credit for Khazon exploration accolades.
    • Deadly Intent Module does not work on some weapons.
    • Servin and Veela System Patrols cannot be entered.
    • Traits cannot be switched on the player’s bridge.

good job showing those who doubt you listen to feedback that they are wrong. Great notes
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice to see fixes implemented for the fleet mark consultant's bonus not applying to mark boxes, and the decreased frequency of the romulan/reman boff doff recruitment missions that occurred with season 9.5
    pvp = small package
    edited August 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Does that mean that either all components crit or none do, or is there an independent roll for each component?

It's all or nothing. If you queue up 3 and you crit, you get 9.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would also be nice to see a fix for the lack of special modifiers on ground weapons, i.e. [run]
    pvp = small package
  • executiveoneexecutiveone Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Players can now queue up to 5 of any given component project simultaneously in a single crafting slot.

Thank you for listening to player feedback on this!
    edited August 2014
    It would also be nice to see a fix for the lack of special modifiers on ground weapons, i.e. [run]

Yeah, that's a bug as well, that I'm working on right this instant actually.
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, that's a bug as well, that I'm working on right this instant actually.

Actually, the only thing that seems to have gotten special modifiers were beams. I have yet to see a single special modifier in other categories except for the Aegis set pieces. I saw 1 on an Aegis UR deflector the 3rd or 4th day R&D went live. I thought regular VR Mk XII stuff was supposed to randomly get the new modifiers.

If all VR items were supposed to have a chance at new modifiers then all the categories outside Beams and Cannons need to be looked at. I've crafted about 50-60 VR Deflectors and not a single new modifier.
  • kamikazikylekamikazikyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Known Issues:

was that intentional? is delta rising going to be on tribble now?
    edited August 2014

Lol, the dev got his brain scrambled by the Delta Rising info. It's just a typo and known bug for the Khazan Cluster.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Odyssey 2 badge (comes with fleet dress uniform) is missing the second color option for male characters. You can only change the color of the chevron and not the rectangular backing. It's fine on females. Please fix. :(

(LOVE the new Odyssey uniform options. They're beautiful! :D)

Workaround: select any badge where you can change the second color, change it to your liking, then change back to the Odyssey badge.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Dev spelled Khazan wrong. And the Delta Quadrant species is KAZON. No bloody H.
  • kamikazikylekamikazikyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, the dev got his brain scrambled by the Delta Rising info. It's just a typo and known bug for the Khazan Cluster.

ahh i didnt realize that was a cluster already in the game. thank you.
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited August 2014

...if I can reproduce it, which is proving somewhat problematic.

If it helps, it's the "old" levelless set. There is a thread in the bug report section with at least a couple others having the problem. The set description got updated with 9.5 and the new 2p and 3p powers work, but the procs still work the same as pre-patch, i.e. multiple pieces must still be equipped.

@jorricane if it helps.

It happens on my other toon with aegis as well, so it's not confined to a single character.

Thanks for getting back to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I see there's no fix for rank pips for female Odyssey Long Jackets either... as any rank under Admiral (Captain & lower) still clip. I posted it in Art of STO focum, no response.. not everyone wants to play Admiral here... :(
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    Workaround: select any badge where you can change the second color, change it to your liking, then change back to the Odyssey badge.

I am aware of that but I shouldn't have to use a workaround for it. Should be a simple fix for them. At least I hope so.

I forgot to mention: One pair of the new Bortasqu' shoulderpads from the fleet store (tactical I think, can't remember the name) doesn't change color. Both the left and right shoulderpad has 2 color palettes but it changes nothing on the character no matter what colors you choose. The matching wrist attachments (gauntlets) do change color so you have to make the gauntlets black to match the shoulderpads since the shoulderpads are stuck with a black color.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the multi-component ability.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am still waiting to see the known issues updated with the assorted loadout bugs. Really would be nice to use the big feature from 8.5 ... yup... would love to use it... would love to buy some more loadout slots too...
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No word or "known issue" on the lack of, or ridiculously low rate of, Romulan Bridge Officer Recruitment (or any species bridge officer for that matter) DoFF assignments?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    [*]Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser and Disruptor Turrets from the Counter-Command set can both be equipped at the same time once again.

Thanks! My double aux2bat rainbow science ship is once again a happy camper!
  • kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    My feedback on the new “traits” from raising all crafting schools to level 15.

Beam Barrage: +2% beam damage for 20 sec when activating beam ability.
    I really enjoyed using this. Everything worked as I expected.
    Propose that you keep this, it's nice!

Penetrating Rounds: ignores 10 armor “resistance” rating on ground targets.
    I like this addition, my ground weapons hit harder.
    Propose that you keep this, it's good!

Kinetic Precision: +10% shield bleed through for projectiles (torpedo & mines).
    I really enjoyed using this. Everything worked as I expected.
    Propose that you keep this, it's great!

Inelastic Collisions: Massive shield resists for 2 seconds when using a shield heal.
    I liked this but the 2 sec duration is a tad too short. 8 sec is too long but 4 seconds seems about right.
    Propose changing this abilities duration to 4 seconds.

Particle Manipulator: Increased damage for exotic abilities affected by particle generators.
    I have not fully tested this but expect its burst exotic critical damage to be huge.
    Propose another QA session on this ability to make sure it's damage is what you expect.

Deft Cannoneer: +1 Turn rate and +10inertia for 20 sec when activating a cannon ability.
    I felt this trait did next to nothing for me. The inertia worked and the turn rate but even in a big ship it is too small to be on par with some of the others listed in this message. If it gave more turn rate, like +3 (per stack.. it stacks 3 times) and or made me immune to turn rate debuffs then it would be good.

Give Your All: 20% damage reduction.
    I could not test this trait it has the wrong ability attached. It is giving me shield penetration (see screen shot).
    http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff500/Kasyena/giveYourAll_zps7623c89d.jpg

Ticket ID #46,226

I hope this feedback was helpful?
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kasraken wrote: »

Deft Cannoneer: +1 Turn rate and +10inertia for 20 sec when activating a cannon ability.
    I felt this trait did next to nothing for me. The inertia worked and the turn rate but even in a big ship it is too small to be on par with some of the others listed in this message. If it gave more turn rate, like +3 (per stack.. it stacks 3 times) and or made me immune to turn rate debuffs then it would be good.

I think Deft Cannoneer has always been intended for use on heavier battlecruisers and carriers/dreadnoughts such as the Bortasqu' and JHDC/Aquarrier (Aquatic Carrier), which is probably why the ability does next to nothing notable when used on an escort-type ship.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Whilst on the subject of the new procs...

the [Pen] mod was listed in the dev blog as an additional torpedo proc in the new crafting system.

However, there are no torpedos created with this mod. In fact, beams and cannons have been getting it, which I am not sure is correct?

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...