test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So neverwinter is going to xbox one, is sto heading there next?

cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
Heard that neverwinter is going to china and gona be the first f2p game on the xbox one. This has me wondering if sto is heading to console next.

Thoughts?

source - http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/30/5952093/neverwinter-mmo-xbox-one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cptskeeteruk on

Comments

• Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For some reason, I had a mental image of a carrier spitting out Zakus.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Devs have said never going to happen for STO, so given their track record...probably yes. If they can make a buck off of it.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I dont think a videoconsole user will be "fine" playing a game as bugged as hell as STO is. We pc users are get used to it, but a videoconsole user?? lol, it makes me laugh just to think on it. That is the main problem of going into a console system. If they can even have a stable and decent game in the pc.. dont ask em to port it to a videoconsole lol. Its hard to hear, but it is the fact. Another factor is the universe we already have. That will be too much for a videoconsole system. Too complicated. But, wait, they removed exploration clusters and made the doff system really kid focused, so maybe what cryptic is doing is precisely that. To adapt the game to be able to port it to videoconsoles in a future. Who knows, but i dont think it will happen, specially when the next expansion will be probably the last one. And if it is not, i dont think the player base by then will be enough to even maintain the servers open. But lets see what happens in the next few months. And of course, never believe what you read or hear from a dev of this game. Most of the times what they say is pure TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Neverwinter does not use nearly the amount of abilities as STO does. It would be much harder to port STO.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If it's getting ported anywhere it should be for an iPAD or on to your cell phone.

That's the type of game this is now.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Neverwinter does not use nearly the amount of abilities as STO does. It would be much harder to port STO.
    Some essentially play the game just with their spacebar, abilities shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Console gaming *facepalm*

That would be one of the worst decisions the Devs could make...so yes that's what they gonna do.

Just take a look at the new DOFF UI: big interfaces, few buttons, pre selected doffs - perfect for stupid console gaming :rolleyes:

What's been the most efficient ship build in the game right now? -> Oh yeah, it's the 1 button spamming 360° a2b faw boat, what a perfect match for consoles :D
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Heard that neverwinter is going to china and gona be the first f2p game on the xbox one. This has me wondering if sto is heading to console next.

Nah. One look at the new DOff interface and it's obvious STO is being neutered down until they can put it on "smart"phones. :P
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Due to the simplicity of Neverwinter's command system, then it is not a problem for it being imported to a console. There are a total of 13 powers that can be used at once in Neverwinter (2 at-wills, 3 encounters, 2 dailies, 3 item powers, 1 class power like stealth for Trickster Rogues, 1 Artifact power, and a mount power). STO has far more powers to use so we would be limited to Shooter mode if STO goes to a console.