test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flashlights...

daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Academy
I've been gone for a while and having come back, decided to start a new toon.
I'm up to the Assignment: "What Lies Beneath" and don't seem to be able to pick up more than one Flashlight.
We use to be able to give one to each Away Team member and pick up another for our toon (for a total of 5), are we no longer able to do this?
STO Member since February 2009.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There was an issue with too many lights causing computers with limited video graphic systems to crash hard...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ah, ok... that sucks.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    :cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you can try equipping them with destabilizing tetryon weapons...but idk if they'll turn on the flashlights (they don't seem too concerned about what might be in the dark)
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I haven't run this mission recently, so I don't know if it's changed. However, I do remember running it with flashlights on my bridge officers a while back.

As I recall, the bridge officers used the flashlights, but only the captain's light actually cast a visible beam. I believe this is how the devs resolved the "too many lights" problem. So even if you can equip your officers with lights, they don't actually do anything.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I haven't run this mission recently, so I don't know if it's changed. However, I do remember running it with flashlights on my bridge officers a while back.

As I recall, the bridge officers used the flashlights, but only the captain's light actually cast a visible beam. I believe this is how the devs resolved the "too many lights" problem. So even if you can equip your officers with lights, they don't actually do anything.

Well BOF I have many flashlights so yeah they do cast a dual beam of light even in the day too each BOF if so equip with dual flashlights. I going to get rid of them since really only need maybe 3 at most.

That mission you spoke of OP you can equipment all your BOF and yourself with a flash light from the box you see on your left side prior to the first door to open in that mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You have to pass off the flashlight you just picked up to a Boff before you can pick up another one.

So you have to equip yourself last.

Is it not working even when you do that?
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are 4 LIGHTS! ... Sorry, had to be done ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    sirtexassirsirtexassir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rezking wrote: »
    you can try equipping them with destabilizing tetryon weapons...but idk if they'll turn on the flashlights (they don't seem too concerned about what might be in the dark)

I need to try this, I got one Fed Char with half his crew with them. I don't think they turn theirs on though.

I did notice when I was running a KDF low be through last night that they took the flash light away when the mission was over.