test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon foundry missions

isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
I tried it once and while it's failure was due to it being **** it also seemed like the audience for a Klingon foundry mission is a tiny fraction of the Fed audience. Those who have created successful Klingon foundry missions - how do you compensate for that hinderance?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure I'd call mine "successful"... Truthfully, none of mine is.... but I digress.

Shameless self promotion is at least semi-effective.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My response is this, as a primarily KDF author, promote, promote, promote. Get some friends to do the first few playthroughs to get it out of review and then start spreading it around. First among the Foundry Community (try the Foundry Talk chat channel), then make a Forum Signature about it, and just promote it like crazy.

Pretty much you just need to get it out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    lblackmoorlblackmoor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll shamelessly promote some kdf missions. If you haven't played sirboulevard's honor series, your missing out. Outstanding series, enough to make me actually post to these forums.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My personal opinion is that making a Foundry mission to get plays is a losing proposition. Make a mission that you love, and if it then gets plays, bonus.

However, I'll also point out that KDF spotlight missions are much thinner, so your chances of getting a KDF mission spotlighted are much better.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    'tis not a question of making one for plays. It is whether it is in fact that there are far fewer people playing them and if there is a way to even the odds so to speak. Lets say you wanted to tell a Klingon story and you created a the same thing for KDF and FED. FED requires more suspension to imagine yourself on the KDF side, but would it in fact get more plays than the KDF version? Or, conversely, would it get less because the audience, albeit smaller, for said mission is on the KDF side rather than the FED side?
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My personal opinion is that making a Foundry mission to get plays is a losing proposition. Make a mission that you love, and if it then gets plays, bonus.

However, I'll also point out that KDF spotlight missions are much thinner, so your chances of getting a KDF mission spotlighted are much better.

This, KDF content is very lacking.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    mignardemignarde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are some decent Klingon missions actually like the KSTF or the Honor series, I don't like all of them but some are very well done. The problem is that many are not reviewed.

My first mission has 3 reviews, one is a friend, one is apparently from the weekly advertising thread of these forums and the last one I don't know. Before it becomes visible to reviewers (without a search) I need to wait that missions posted in March or maybe even last year get their 5 reviews.

I think that Cryptic should do something about it, maybe unpublish the missions that have not been updated or played for a week?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mignarde wrote: »
    There are some decent Klingon missions actually like the KSTF or the Honor series, I don't like all of them but some are very well done. The problem is that many are not reviewed.

My first mission has 3 reviews, one is a friend, one is apparently from the weekly advertising thread of these forums and the last one I don't know. Before it becomes visible to reviewers (without a search) I need to wait that missions posted in March or maybe even last year get their 5 reviews.

I think that Cryptic should do something about it, maybe unpublish the missions that have not been updated or played for a week?
    Doing it weekly would be far too often. And things tend to slowly drop off as-is without them intentionally dropping them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mignardemignarde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Doing it weekly would be far too often. And things tend to slowly drop off as-is without them intentionally dropping them.

The problem is that old missions under reviews are blocking the way. Many don't even have a starting location and nobody wants to review them. So people would have to fix their issues and republish to be normally reviewed.

As I said, it's only one solution, another would be to change the whole review content interface but that would require more work for Cryptic.

I would see 4 tabs:

the first would display the oldest missions first (like it seems to be done actually)

the second would display the newest missions first

the third would display the missions with the highest count of reviews first (from 4 downto 0)

the fourth would display the top rated missions, regardless of the reviews count (but more than 1 of course)