test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Magazine issue #50

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Star Trek Magazine issue #50 is now available. Read the original fiction story "Dove" by STO's own Lead Writer Christine "Kestrel" Thompson, featuring Captain Shon!

Click this link to read more!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If only those stories were in other media besides the magazine.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If only these were in the game...
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    If only those stories were in other media besides the magazine.

Yeah be nice if even 10% of these were in the game kind of like the trailer where it shows the KDF although there is no content in the KDF where the trailers actually show that stuff lol.
    If only these were in the game...

Yep the only way any of this would go into the game if it were tied to a lockbox of course.

Overall yeah I'm not going to buy their magazine since Trek is pretty much dead unless they bring it back in the form of the Prime Universe.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I really, really want these to go on the STO website if not the game itself.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would even buy the magazine for these stories if it would be avaiable over here...
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Find out what awaits Captain Shon after his latest appearance in the Featured Episode "Surface Tension."

Or, you could actually let the players FIND OUT INGAME. You're already price gouging us with lock boxes galore, despite being a "Free" to play game. Not a chance in a cold hell, that I'll pay for stuff outside of the game, when I rarely pay for stuff INSIDE the game.

The stories in the Star Trek Magazine could be the most awesome stories yet. Doesn't matter to me, since I'll only follow those stories, if they are written in an EPISODE for STO.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    Or, you could actually let the players FIND OUT INGAME. You're already price gouging us with lock boxes galore, despite being a "Free" to play game. Not a chance in a cold hell, that I'll pay for stuff outside of the game, when I rarely pay for stuff INSIDE the game.

The stories in the Star Trek Magazine could be the most awesome stories yet. Doesn't matter to me, since I'll only follow those stories, if they are written in an EPISODE for STO.

This exactly.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    kgls133492kgls133492 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    REALLY they wasted time creating a story only a part of the playerbase could even get instead of creating INGAME story content, nice fing job there, why dont you just delete all story content fromt hhe game and put in it the Star trek mag, just rename sto to Grindfornodamnreason online
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Find out what awaits Captain Shon after his latest appearance in the Featured Episode "Surface Tension.

Did he find out how long the crafting grind would take and crashed the Enterprise into Memory Alpha so we cant use it :eek:
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So not only do we not see these in game we have to pay for the magaxine to read a 3-4 page piece of fanfiction. I have got the magazine in the past and read a couple of the stories and have found them sadly lacking in structure.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So wait..... Cryptic pays a writer to make content for another company? Does that seem odd to anyone else?
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • Options
    yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    jengoz wrote: »
    So wait..... Cryptic pays a writer to make content for another company? Does that seem odd to anyone else?

Cross promotion deal, most likely. The mag gets some publicity with STO players and STO gets some publicity with the mag's readers. Both consumer bases are pretty much guaranteed to be Trekkies (with money to burn?) and thus prime candidates for the other product.

And if the first paragraph isn't Shon getting told that no, insurance will not cover ramming a starship into a planet killing monstrosity and it's coming out of his pay...;)
    Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral