test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Marauding or Operations assignments for 'Clusters' now?

imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
I have no issues with the removal of Exploration Clusters, as I thought they were pretty redundant, however the Clusters now only offer Colonisation related assignments...

What happened to the Operations and Marauding assignments? Marauding assignments within Clusters offered some of the best results for Marauding and Operations assignments were often the best way to get KDF Refugee assignments...

Clearly no thought was given to this by Cryptic...
The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
Post edited by imruined on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Clusters still give the same missions.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Clusters still give the same missions.

No, they don't... They used to offer various assignments from different Departments, and you could even 'reshuffle' (to an extent anyway) the available assignments by selecting the individual Department heads while within the Cluster's Exploration zone...

Now, nothing but Colonisation assignments are appearing under the Cluster interactions, and any attempts to 'reshuffle' through the Department heads simply brings up the available assignments for the zone, not the Cluster interaction...

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well I just sold some prisoners so at least that's still there, but you're right there are less missions
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    The non-colonization missions that star cluster maps used to offer were drawn from the generic mission lists that are available in a wide range of locations. The new cluster interacts are focused solely on the specific missions for the star cluster in question. (Among other things, this actually means that you have a better chance of rare star cluster missions showing up, because there are fewer other missions that will populate the list.)
    edited July 2014
    well I just sold some prisoners so at least that's still there, but you're right there are less missions

You used to be able to 'reshuffle' these and often Cluster Forced Labour assignments would not appear without the 'reshuffle' via the Operations Department head...

I've just gone through 7 Cluster interactions, not a single Cluster Forced Labour assignment... Very poorly implemented...

edited July 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    The non-colonization missions that star cluster maps used to offer were drawn from the generic mission lists that are available in a wide range of locations. The new cluster interacts are focused solely on the specific missions for the star cluster in question. (Among other things, this actually means that you have a better chance of rare star cluster missions showing up, because there are fewer other missions that will populate the list.)

Well, in that case, can we expect to see the former Cluster only Marauding raids being available in other zones with about the same frequency, as well as an increase in KDF Refugee assignments being available in other zones?

edited July 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    You used to be able to 'reshuffle' these and often Cluster Forced Labour assignments would not appear without the 'reshuffle' via the Operations Department head...

I've just gone through 7 Cluster interactions, not a single Cluster Forced Labour assignment... Very poorly implemented...

It was in Tong or Eridon 15 min ago
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited July 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    Well, in that case, can we expect to see the former Cluster only Marauding raids being available in other zones with about the same frequency, as well as an increase in KDF Refugee assignments being available in other zones?

good luck with that. I've found a grand total of 1 refugee from that 1 assignment in the past 18 months.

• darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Has the chocolate ration increased to 25 grams?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014

If only the game actually behaved like you describe. By the way, still waiting for you to add back Asylum on Earth back to ESD since you unhooked it with the ESD revamp in S9.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wrong, the 6 hour Marauding assignements aren't available anywhere else.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    If only the game actually behaved like you describe. By the way, still waiting for you to add back Asylum on Earth back to ESD since you unhooked it with the ESD revamp in S9.

That is actually mentioned in the 9.5 patch notes and I just started one Earth asylum on ESD today.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Wrong, the 6 hour Marauding assignements aren't available anywhere else.

The following assignments have a duration of 6 hours and were available only from exploration clusters:

Raid on Industrial Complex
    Raid on Mining Colony
    Raid on Research Facility

They are different from similar assignments offered in sector blocks that last 45 minutes.

The "Forced Labor Camp" assignments last 4 hours and were available only from exploration clusters. They are different from "Forced Labor Requisition" assignments offered in sector blocks that last 8 hours.

Someone more familiar with doffing can probably give you a longer list of non-colonization assignments that used to be available only from exploration clusters.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The following assignments have a duration of 6 hours and were available only from exploration clusters:

Raid on Mining Colony

They are different from similar assignments offered in sector blocks that last 45 minutes.

The "Forced Labor Camp" assignments last 4 hours and were available only from exploration clusters. They are different from "Forced Labor Requisition" assignments offered in sector blocks that last 8 hours.

Someone more familiar with doffing can probably give you a longer list of non-colonization assignments that used to be available only from exploration clusters.

Thanks for adding the right names to the assignements. I'd have to do quite some researching to find them. My doffing is kinda automated, I don't particularly research specific names. It's a combination of place, doffs needed, category,...

Either way, we DID lose a non negligeable amount of assignements (and a good amount of chances at assignements).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup.. bye to the marauding missions on star clusters. Thanks so much, cryptic. :P

Not only that, im pretty sure a few more missions were removed. I always found more than 20-30 missions splitted along all the departments, now im lucky if i find more than 10 in a total basis on any star cluster. The search for the understanding of what is in cryptic's mind continues...
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    because there are fewer other missions that will populate the list.)

So with the removal of these clusters we're now seeing less duty officer missions, and in fact by this reckoning we've lost the Raid of Research Facility, Raid on Industrial Complex and Raid on Mining Colony. Since these only ever appeared in the star clusters.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• nscar1420nscar1420 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What was nice about the exploration missions was it was a good way to farm data samples which could now be the new R&D items and it was a great way to level up a new toon you had

I kinda miss them
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    but you're right there are less missions

Remember, this all part of the IMPROVEMENTS the developers have brought to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »

Raid on Mining Colony

forced labor camp assgments are still there. saw them few times, but they are rare.
    edited July 2014
    binebane wrote: »
    forced labor camp assgments are still there. saw them few times, but they are rare.

Forced labor camp is a sector assignment, not a star cluster mission. So, no, it is not on the cluster list..
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Forced labor camp is a sector assignment, not a star cluster mission. So, no, it is not on the cluster list..

As binebane explained,

Forced Labor Camp is a cluster mission. It appears, but does seem less often than it used to be.

Forced Labor Requisition is a sector assignment.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just catch me up here. The removal of content that was season 9.5 removed more DOFFing content than they expected, and the developer in charge of DOFFing content isn't really up to speed with what actually got removed?

Wow.

Cryptic in a nutshell.

Excellent work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    As binebane explained,

Forced Labor Camp is a cluster mission. It appears, but does seem less often than it used to be.

Forced Labor Requisition is a sector assignment.

I dont think that assingment appear, since it is not COLONIAL related. And only COLONIAL assignments appear now in cluster hubs. I NEVER saw that assignment since the removal of exploration clusters, actually never saw any other assingment besides the colonial ones.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just catch me up here. The removal of content that was season 9.5 removed more DOFFing content than they expected, and the developer in charge of DOFFing content isn't really up to speed with what actually got removed?

Wow.

Cryptic in a nutshell.

Excellent work!

Yeah pretty much. A bunch of systems were designed by people that are no no longer at Cryptic and the people tasked with maintaining them don't fully understand them.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The 'support colonization efforts' missions haven't been popping up. I've even had one toon sit at b'tran cluster for a couple days, checking every couple hours. What's happened to these missions?
    Galactic Horde.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The 'support colonization efforts' missions haven't been popping up. I've even had one toon sit at b'tran cluster for a couple days, checking every couple hours. What's happened to these missions?

You can wait days for this mission, due to the change in the timers for all colonization clusters. Plus, B'tran and Azlesa Expanse used to have 2 chances each (regular and elite), now down to one.

Please post in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1172851 I'm trying to keep it (the thread) alive, so that attention is given to it, but many people don't realize it's the reason for 'missing' chain missions.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)