test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doing completed missions with friends?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Is it possible to do missions that i've already completed with a friend who hasn't? For example: we tried to do the first patrol mission and it wouldn't let me into the systems anymore.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Prominence wrote:
    Is it possible to do missions that i've already completed with a friend who hasn't? For example: we tried to do the first patrol mission and it wouldn't let me into the systems anymore.

Actually that's a good question, I was wondering about that myself. I have some friends joining the game soon, but since I'm at a higher level then them how can I enjoy episodes/missions with them.

I think they would either have to catch up, or just resort playing pvp or fleet actions with them.

can also start a new character with them and go from there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So far, thats the only way i see that you can play with them. I hope i'm wrong though
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you've already completed the quest, you CAN partner with a lower level friend. The only caveat is that someone with the quest has to enter the system before you. For example, if my friend went to do the SS Azure mission, he'd have to enter the SS Azure system first, and then I'd be given the ability to enter. Now, he won't be able to share the quest with me, meaning that I can't get any quest reward loot/SP, but I will still gain SP from enemy kills and still gain loot drops.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually, if you have teamed up, get within 1 LY& and go to your missions panel (or your lower level friiend!) There is a handy share option there. The person who has already completed it gets a lower reward with no items...

I've now done city on the edge of never and doomsday arcs twice :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can't you share missions with a team mate? I'm pretty sure some guy shared a mission with me that I had just completed on my own.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It wasn't working for me. Maybe my friend did it wrong? Either way, OP, all you have to do is let your friend start the instance, and you can join immediately afterward.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It wasn't working for me. Maybe my friend did it wrong? Either way, OP, all you have to do is let your friend start the instance, and you can join immediately afterward.

and that'll work even if i've already done it? I'll give it a try next time i have a chance
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Prominence wrote:
    and that'll work even if i've already done it? I'll give it a try next time i have a chance

Yes, it will work, even if you've done it. I was Lt.Com 4 and my LT 3 friend did the third Episode, with me in tow.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I let my team member in to the Bhea system before my and it still wouldn't let me join
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mentor system would be nice. Points for helping. tobe used for some sort of reward. you used to have to teach other players to lvl up in SWG. Was sort of a pain. But pts to get a reward would be less of a pain and solo players wouldnt have todoit if they didnt want to.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Push L and have your friend share the quest with you.

You wont get the item/bridge officer/etc reward and lesser amounts of SP/merrits/bo sp but you can do em with your buddy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You can share most mission, the only missions you cant share are the patrol mission, the mission with the separate patrols in it. All others should be shareable and you get the patrol missions for the separate systems automatically when you enter. A few multi system missions bugged out when you shared them, but they seem to be fixed now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DiedelH wrote:
    You can share most mission, the only missions you cant share are the patrol mission, the mission with the separate patrols in it. All others should be shareable and you get the patrol missions for the separate systems automatically when you enter. A few multi system missions bugged out when you shared them, but they seem to be fixed now.

ah, okay. I was trying it was a patrol mission. Thanks eveyone for the info. Time to get playing!
  • Options
    coastalguardiancoastalguardian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello all - I am trying to run missions with a friend who just joined STO. We've grouped up as a team/squad, she's shared the quests, and yet when we fly into systems we don't see each other. It's like she's in a totally different instance. I've tried going into systems first, and having her go into systems first.

Anyone? What am I doing wrong here?
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Die Zombie thread.

As I expect this thread to be closed soon, I'll answer the question.

Depending on the mission you two are trying to run may be Single-Player only. Temporal Ambassador and the last 3 FE (Featured Episodes) have all been single player for the first run through.

If it isn't, make sure both of you have the same mission (either by both selecting it off the Mission Menu or by sharing it from your active missions list).

Lastly, you can't do the starting missions together until you get to that first mission in the Klingon Story Arc.

Other than that, not sure.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello all - I am trying to run missions with a friend who just joined STO. We've grouped up as a team/squad, she's shared the quests, and yet when we fly into systems we don't see each other. It's like she's in a totally different instance. I've tried going into systems first, and having her go into systems first.

Anyone? What am I doing wrong here?

the quest sharer has to go in first, they need the help otherwise you would end up in two difference instances of the same mission map. thats besides the point though, dont necro threads like this one, over 4 years old! 30 days is the maximum between replies after which it becomes dead. create a new thread and start up an question there or continue the point on the new one.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This just makes me reflect on how MMOs have gone to pot, completely losing sight of their USP in an absurd chase after single-player "story driven" games.

And this from Cryptic, the company that made a game in which playing with other people of whatever level was as easy as falling off a log, addictive and fun to do.

It ought to be a no-brainer that a primary requirement for an MMORPG, after a solid core combat system (which STO definitely has) is to ensure that there are as few barriers as possible to PEOPLE ****ING PLAYING WITH EACH OTHER IN ****ING TEAMS!!!

Purity of single-player story experience ought to be completely irrelevant to MMORPGs. Sure, it ought to be possible to solo stories, but every single bit of content in an MMORPG ought to be playable EASILY by any group of people, whether random, friends or "guild" (fleet). Without muss or fuss, without odd things happening - easily and smoothly.

Primary requirement.

And people wonder why MMOs are declining as a genre. Pfeh.