test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Video] Not-quite-Timewarp 31/7: TR116-B, Overload, UI changes

yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
Hello one and all! I'm Yuzral and those of you who frequent the Foundry and Tribble forums might have seen earlier videos from me. Today's video was originally going to be in the Tribble section, but since the changes are going onto Holodeck in about...oh...25 minutes, here it is instead. I'm looking at the revised TR116-B, the changes to Beam Overload and Lances and some of the UI tweaks.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdS0IAdOdgE

I hope you enjoy it (or at least find it useful). Regardless, comments and constructive criticism are always welcome :)
Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
Post edited by yuzral on

Comments

• xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just jumping in here to thank you for your videos. I am a frequent viewer, and I like the way you are presenting things. And how you speak. :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice work on the video. But since tribble is an useless server and it has no purpose.. you really should save your efforts for something else ;)
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just wanted to say thanks for the video, I was about to get rid of the Beam Overload in favour of something else.

As for Tribble being useless it isn't and does have a purpose but it's an unfortunate fact that no one seems to do anything with the feedback in a timly manner!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yuzral wrote: »
    Hello one and all! I'm Yuzral and those of you who frequent the Foundry and Tribble forums might have seen earlier videos from me. Today's video was originally going to be in the Tribble section, but since the changes are going onto Holodeck in about...oh...25 minutes, here it is instead. I'm looking at the revised TR116-B, the changes to Beam Overload and Lances and some of the UI tweaks.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdS0IAdOdgE

I hope you enjoy it (or at least find it useful). Regardless, comments and constructive criticism are always welcome :)

Yuzral, thanks man for that awesome video - You changed my perspective on the BO, I thought it wasn't going to be a huge deal, but after the vid, oh wow, I agree with ya, my brother :D

I do have a few things to say:

A) You are correct that the TR116B is not worth its price tag, it is over hyped due to its Target pre-order cousin. What I saw still does not convince me that is worth its price. There is also the bUG issue of having it cycle through re-modulation.

B) In the line of BO, the Galaxy X Spinal Lance, is it still undered powered? With its massive amount of miss shots?

Though it is great that it is benefiting from no energy drainage, I and more concern about its hit or miss ratio and DPS.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would just like to say, I really enjoy your videos, STO related or otherwise. Very nice commentary and really fun to watch. Keep up the good work, hope you have something lined up now that Watch dogs in concluded...
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Another quality vid by Yuzral. Thanks for your time and effort...and keep them coming ;-)

Cheers
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Just jumping in here to thank you for your videos. I am a frequent viewer, and I like the way you are presenting things. And how you speak. :D

100% agree, and in particular, thank you for editing all the 'downtime' of loads/map changes/ship changes/ etc. and giving us a 100% 'clean' look at what you're actually showing us!

I'm always looking for your vids on the Tube, and I look forward to a review of that new Xindi carrier! (hinthint) :cool:
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    Yuzral, thanks man for that awesome video - You changed my perspective on the BO, I thought it wasn't going to be a huge deal, but after the vid, oh wow, I agree with ya, my brother :D

I do have a few things to say:

A) You are correct that the TR116B is not worth its price tag, it is over hyped due to its Target pre-order cousin. What I saw still does not convince me that is worth its price. There is also the bUG issue of having it cycle through re-modulation.

B) In the line of BO, the Galaxy X Spinal Lance, is it still undered powered? With its massive amount of miss shots?

Though it is great that it is benefiting from no energy drainage, I and more concern about its hit or miss ratio and DPS.

From what I understand, while it does trigger Adaptation, it doesn't actually effect the damage the rifle does. The Borg just keep trying to adapt to a damage type they have no adaptation against, and end up adapting to random other weapon types.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mjarbar wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks for the video, I was about to get rid of the Beam Overload in favour of something else.

As for Tribble being useless it isn't and does have a purpose but it's an unfortunate fact that no one seems to do anything with the feedback in a timly manner!

no, its pretty useless. in all the times I played on and gave feedback, its is a rare rare occasion that they actually use feedback, or change anything before it hits holodeck.. so why kid ourselves..

have a good one yall.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yet again a good video, thanks for this yuzral.

Watched it while patching, logged in afterwards and realised that the new R&D system combined with the Doff ui "improvements" are not going to be a part of my future gameplay.

I'm not to bothered about the R&D, but I Doffed even on the days when I couldn't find time to play content. Now it just takes too long and I've been getting ridiculous fails on missions.

So STO is just a Star Trek themed pew, pew game now, thankfully ELITE: Dangerous is in Beta (200 bucks well spent)!
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    From what I understand, while it does trigger Adaptation, it doesn't actually effect the damage the rifle does. The Borg just keep trying to adapt to a damage type they have no adaptation against, and end up adapting to random other weapon types.

Seriously? That would explain the odd adaptation times in the video, particularly the drone being adapted to the first phaser shot I hit it with early on.
    Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well the TR seems normalized now, and prices already risen.

But the new UI, they sure aren't going in the right direction. Seems worse in conveying information, and the pop ups going through the window is annoying.