test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EC daily loot cap limit

malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Academy
I can't seem to find this info anywhere. Anyone know the exact daily loot cap?
Post edited by malazancommander on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't believe there is one besides the foundry and that number of drops
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    only know of the 10 million EC cap for silver accounts...and the drop cap for foundry missions.
    Go pro or go home
  • malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @baudl, yeah I knew of that one.

@dahminus, yes that makes sense. Know of the limit for that one?
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you are referring to loot drops from STF and PvE queues, I would say there is none. There are far too many players to keep track of for the game to determine if any when a loot drop reward would appear. When loot drops it should be available to everyone.

Say I play ISE and KSE every hour for 10 hours (twenty times in total), and I decide to play yet again. I should have gotten a rather nice pile of "vendor trash" with hopefully a few diamonds in the rough. Then you come in to play the same eSTF, if there was a drop limit, then you would be screwed because of me.

I suppose it could be possible to tweak the loot drop system so that loot would only be seen by those who have not reached a daily cap limit in STFs and PvEs, but something like that would likely be a bit complex to implement since Cryptic would then need to keep track of how often you are playing STO for each day and keep track of how loot you have been collection throughout the course of a day. That's a lot of information for a database to keep track of when it would have to be done for all toons. It would be a waste of servers which is a valuable resource for online games.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can't seem to find this info anywhere. Anyone know the exact daily loot cap?

50 per loot per day.. I am at it every day in battles for rep missions. You won't get any more loot once you hit the loot limit per day. If they change 50 to less, I haven't seen it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    50 per loot per day.. I am at it every day in battles for rep missions. You won't get any more loot once you hit the loot limit per day. If they change 50 to less, I haven't seen it.

Damn, how much time do you devote to the game?
  • ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited August 2014
    The best way to get ec for loot is within special events, right now the R&D weekend box is going to 280k, you get a box that opens and gives you that from doing an ISE run or any other high end queue. Ground STF and the Undine missions give a different box that is worth even more, I had on undine box supply 10 dent.... that sold for 500k+ each.

In the summer event for the first couple of weeks it was easy to get millions from those favor things. During the dill weekend farm and then dil to zen to keys to 2.8m EC per key. When they do lobi events collect those, save them until you have 300 and then turn into 30m+ ec. In the winter event early stages the various baubles and what not go for loads.

The way to do it is to make millions when it pays - grinding for EC by standard loot is done. Right now some energy mk 11 blue tac consoles are going for 12k, you have to be fortunate to get one of the good drops and then lucky for someone to pay the market price, recently I've had multiple mk 12 purple ship weapons having to be repeatedly discounted before selling.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Damn, how much time do you devote to the game?

Couple of hours now. Foundry mission long ones yield a good number of loots both space and ground too. There are also loot only missions with many in waves to get loot. I rather to a complete mission.

8742 again if you hit and blow-up enough target the loot numbers are higher. Remember 50 limit per day. I pass on items that don't yield much any more too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »

Oh, a number. Nice to know. That will help a lot :)