test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much INCOME does a PVP fleet Generate For STO? (pls take survey)

dreadnoughtkingdreadnoughtking Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Greeting to ALL STO pvpers. I want to try to keep this short and sweet. I have been speaking with some Devs from Cryptic about the state of PvP in Sto. The bottom line is this, they feel that PVERS spend more money on STO then PVPERS. As Pvpers we Know that is simply NOT true. IF Cryptic can see the AVG amount of money that EACH pvper spends on AVG per year they can see that a PVPer spends far more USD then the AVG PVEer.

The Case is this, Pvpers are a very small minority....thus we dont generate as much $$$ for STO then most of the PVErs, simply because there are more PVEers then PVPers. BUT if cryptic were to INVEST into pvp, like balancing out Powers, adding new skills, adding new maps, Reducing Spam, Creating a rep system for pvp and so forth, they will see a massive Inport of CASH into the game.

The bottom line is this, DEVS want money, PVP makes alot of money and the DEVS cant change what they dont know. They need to see How much cash on AVG a pvper that has been here since Beta has spent on PVP.

OR how much a new pvper has spent since pvping in sto. I can almost bet for certain that PVPers drop way more cash then PVErs, thus showing cryptic that there is MUCH stock in the PVP INVESTMENT idea.

BELOW (pls be honest now) PVPERS ONLY....pls State the following.

1. How long you have been Pvping.
2. How much cash have you spent for the sake of pvp, when considering new ships, gear, keys, respecs and so forth.
3. what fleet are you from.

NOTE: PLS NO ARGUMENTS, PLS JUST POST THE INFO REQUESTED, SIMPLE, SHORT AND SWEET. THANK YOU ALL

Afterburner@methous
Nova Core GM
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dreadnoughtkingdreadnoughtking Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Greeting to ALL STO pvpers. I want to try to keep this short and sweet. I have been speaking with some Devs from Cryptic about the state of PvP in Sto. The bottom line is this, they feel that PVERS spend more money on STO then PVPERS. As Pvpers we Know that is simply NOT true. IF Cryptic can see the AVG amount of money that EACH pvper spends on AVG per year they can see that a PVPer spends far more USD then the AVG PVEer.

The Case is this, Pvpers are a very small minority....thus we dont generate as much $$$ for STO then most of the PVErs, simply because there are more PVEers then PVPers. BUT if cryptic were to INVEST into pvp, like balancing out Powers, adding new skills, adding new maps, Reducing Spam, Creating a rep system for pvp and so forth, they will see a massive Inport of CASH into the game.

The bottom line is this, DEVS want money, PVP makes alot of money and the DEVS cant change what they dont know. They need to see How much cash on AVG a pvper that has been here since Beta has spent on PVP.

OR how much a new pvper has spent since pvping in sto. I can almost bet for certain that PVPers drop way more cash then PVErs, thus showing cryptic that there is MUCH stock in the PVP INVESTMENT idea.

BELOW (pls be honest now) PVPERS ONLY....pls State the following.

2. How much cash have you spent for the sake of pvp, when considering new ships, gear, keys, respecs and so forth.

NOTE: PLS NO ARGUMENTS, PLS JUST POST THE INFO REQUESTED, SIMPLE, SHORT AND SWEET. THANK YOU ALL

Afterburner@methous
    Nova Core GM

1. I have been Pvping Since Beta
    2. Exact number not sure, but its Between 5,000 - 6,000K USD
    3. I am from Nova Core
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Since I got here, 18 mo I guess
    2. Dunno, $200-300 I guess
    3. I'm in multiple fleets
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    1. Since 2012
    2. 0 to this date
    3. Borg Defiants Gaming Community (info in my sig)
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not too much revenue generated from pvp, compared to pve.

Simply put - STO isnt a pvp game, and it never will be.

But, I will indulge you.

I am about $2k deep into sto, most of that was to further my pvp goals over 2 years I have a damn about pvp. Thats $19.23 per week, which makes me pretty insignifigant in the grand sceme of things with new users comming in every single day dropping 20-50 dollars just to fly a ship they saw on TV, or wear a pretty uniform while they add to their Star Trek Experience, and play once a month or never again. - Make no mistake, STO is a Social Themepark MMO, not an E-sport caliber mmo.

I am one person, pvp'ing in a que that might even be empty right now. I might pvp all night long and see the same 5 players over and over for hours. - How many people among the sto population acually care about pvp? 1%? 0.5%? - I dont know.

Let me put the question back to you with a twist - How much money would cryptic lose if they removed pvp from the game?

Enjoy your laser light show, and all the pve mechanics you are using against other people, with 30 different lasers comming from each player in a mess of angles and noises. - Try to remember that pvp is just a sandbox feature.

Fleet - Not relevant to this discussion at all. - Tell us, what is the real purpose of this thread?
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Late 2010

2. $400-500 (would been more, but the lack of PvP and KDF Content prevented that)

3. Empress Yanin Vismitananda, Leader of Red Scorpion Empire / Empress Aya Ueto, Leader of Terran Empire First Fleet
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've been PVPing for 1/2 year. I've spent an arm and a leg to be competitive in the current meta.

But now I can't PVP at all, 'cause you know, you need both arms for mouse+keyboard controls. :(
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. one year ago
    2. zero
    3. Inner Circle - Lag Industries
  • Options
    uraziel0815uraziel0815 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. About 1 Year.
    2. Lifetimeabo. Dont know how much i payed about a year ago. Guess could be 200-250$ (?)
    3. Raumpatrouille Elysion.
  • Options
    xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Season 1
    2. LTA since open beta. Plus about 200 USD in 4 years.
    3. Raumpatrouille Elysion
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    since around mid 2012
    around 4k (a lot of that for a fleet i founded for having my own access to fleet gear for pvp, but sold long ago for ingame currency)
    lag industries
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Aproximately Since the game Went Live, but have been Subscribed since Open Beta via Life time sub.
    Aproximately 2-$3,000 In these 4 years I'm ashamed to admit

Current Fleet: Show me your Critz/House of Critz with 1 character still I believe in SOB.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Case is this, Pvpers are a very small minority....thus we dont generate as much $$$ for STO then most of the PVErs, simply because there are more PVEers then PVPers. BUT if cryptic were to INVEST into pvp, like balancing out Powers, adding new skills, adding new maps, Reducing Spam, Creating a rep system for pvp and so forth, they will see a massive Inport of CASH into the game...

Yes PVPers are very small minority, but this is because devs have done nothing for pvp this years, in my pvp fleet we are now only 3 active members, all others left sto for other games. Cryptic need to invest in pvp to make it attractive for pve'rs and new players. I'd say adding new arena maps, new skills, weapons/consoles or reputation, will not solve the problem.
    PVP need new gameplay types like territory control. There's a lot of other games from where devs can be inspired how to make pvp interesting.
  • Options
    grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited July 2014
    1. Season 1

2. 600-800 USD

3. Inner Circle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited July 2014
    I dont know how much....i just bought everything in c store .I was a bete tester for sto...and yes it still has bugs people reported in beta lol :D
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Season 5
    Roughly 2000 usd
    TRPH/lafamilia

Ive heard a few in trh day there account has cost 5k +
  • Options
    bethshepardbethshepard Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Almost two years
    I would imagine about a grand in usd including life time membership.
    Been in pandas, lag industries, will pvp for food and first column.
    I think the long and short of it is that pvpers spend a lot more money but our spending pales in comparison purely because we are such a minority.
    If cryptic could find a way to increase the numbers they would be onto a goldmine.(IMO)
  • Options
    colonelkiracolonelkira Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    LoR
    zero $
    58. / Svk
    58. / SvK
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    -january 2012, f2p launch :P
    -about 10$ (farmed all the things i bought)
    -confederazione stellare italiana
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. 2012

2. for pvp nothing at all everything has been grinded ingame as free to play not pay to win, by the same means every other player has access to, for pve expenses, including excessive amounts of outfits c store lobi, c store boffs i looked at the 27 pages in purchase history and decided not to bother calculating it up

3. i'm curious about why anyone would care on the fleet and what purpose this would serve as information to anyone including devs, but i'm in a few fleets, north central positronics, a.n.z.u.s. rangers fed/kdf, saint olivia each a none pvp fleet and filled with some really nice friendly people.

as a side note it should be noted that many pvpers are not in pvp fleets

as for pvpers paying more cash into sto then pvers, my outfits cost more then most in this thread have spent, and i buy them for each and every character. just an honest statement
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Around F2P launch, though I only started to dabble in PvP last December.

2. Zero

3. Irrelevant, though it's in my sig (not even remotely a PvP fleet).

You already answered your question by saying that PvPers are a minority, the 1% if you will. Just because those in the 1% buy yachts doesn't mean that they boost the economy more than the 99% buying a coffee. And clearly, the business plan of this game highlights this paradigm well.

I think it would be more interesting to see the numbers on silver/gold accounts vs LTS. Too bad they don't publish such things. I'd bet we'd see tons of people just buying zen for vanity items (canon ships and costumes).

And really, being able to PvP requires knowing how to play the game. I'd bet that most PvPers are LTS and have an army of farming alts. If they're not generating huge incomes in game, they're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A little over a year.
    About $800.00 USD
    Deus Ex Machina, House of Beautiful Orions

It doesn't bother me to disclose the above info, but I'm curious, is this thread legit OP? What Devs are you talking to? Don't they know how much people spend through various metrics? If you come back to them and say "PvPers have spent x amount of dollars" what will happen exactly?
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited July 2014
    I think it's fair to note that even those who have gone completely free 2 play are still generating income for Cryptic. Someone's gotta buy all those zen and keys and whatnot that we need to flesh out our PvP builds.

Feb 2010

2 years of Subscription for a total of $360, 1 gal-X $25, 1 Intrepid-R - $25, a few random costumes, inventory slots and the delta flyer <$50

Since F2P... just the energy credit cap increase and a fleet ship module $15.

So $450 total in cash.

Money generated by selling Dil for Zen... who knows? A bunch.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1) Since f2p

2) 5$

3) Leader of Raumpatrouille O.M.G.
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Mhh i can only speak for myself, but in the time i pvped i mustve bought about 100/200 respec tokens for zen, bought most tactical cstore ships, bought lifetimer, before that i subbed for 2 years), legacy of romulus pack, wasted tons of zen on gambling (just for the fun of it)

I think for all the equipment, lockbox ships, ec etc i still have in my inventory its a whole sh*tload more.

Id say its fairly equal, if not more, compared to an equivalent sto player that does only PVE.

Problem is, the money cryptic earned on me is all over a timespan of 3/4 years, since PWE took over they only look at quickly made profits.

So they do not think long-term.

- 3/4 years

- I give away free tours tru my account, pm me for interest so u can assess the situation yourself ;p Optional bidding starts at 3000$

- X Sad Pandas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dontrell94dontrell94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1) About a year now.
    2) About $1K.
    3) Fleet Operations.
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1) Been PvPing for over 2 years now
    2) Maybe about $500, but that is a rough estimate
    3) Nove Core
  • Options
    geriszgerisz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1. 4 month
    2.0 for pvp
    3. Promethean alliance
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nandospc wrote: »
    -january 2012, f2p launch :P
    -about 10$ (farmed all the things i bought)
    -confederazione stellare italiana

Quote, same here
    January 2012
    5$, was sick of farming
    Confederazione stellare italiana
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977