test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update time for my Fleet Nebula Retrofit! :D

capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Federation Discussion
Well, having finally had a little focus to work it out(stupid ADHD), I decided to put the current setup for my beloved ship on the STO Skill Planner page...:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=chattanoogab2_0

Keep in mind that this is just for the ship, and I haven't bothered with any other information(i.e., ground stuff, skill points, traits, etc) yet, but will likely update the link with traits when I can! :)

I'm also considering swapping out the Proton Particle Stabilizer for something else, but resources and Universal Consoles with pure defensive support in mind that I have are severely limited.

As most of you probably know, I'm a Free Player, so -please- keep this in mind if you decide to make comments and suggestions; also, I've yet to use the ship in PvP(which I generally avoid, anyway), but I expect it would fare poorly, except in large-scale team battles.... <_<;

Hope you Nebula/Fleet Nebula fans can get some useful ideas out of this! :)
When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xanderkentxanderkent Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pick an energy weapon type and stick to it. In this case I would use plasma weapons simply because you can get fleet + plasma science consoles, which will help overall damage output. You also really need to figure out what your trying to do with this ship so you can build around that.
    If you set a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.
  • sphinx1975sphinx1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hell yes, Nebula tinker time.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=sphinxualhealing_7607

While the Engineering and Tactical consoles rarely change, I like to try different weapon layouts or new consoles in the SCI slots quite a bit.

My BOFF layout is also pretty constant as I feel it's an excellent of mix healing, crowd control, and some damage output. It won't top the charts but it holds its own.

I often swap between Fleet Tetryon and the Spiral Waves for beams but the wide angle quantum is constant. With Fleet Tetryon I'll try load up Nukara and Hirogen gear for the Tetryon damage bonus.

Tactics are dirt simple: divert power away from engines and broadside all day. This lets me stay focused on my team's health but still doing the pew pew.

Edit: Gravity Well is a must. Clump the baddies and then pew-pew and torp dump'em
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would suggest something more like this. Nebula If you don't have the Solena stuff, arrange the tholian engine, and shield, or a fleet, and the torpedo is interchangable with the romulan triple torpedo.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

edited July 2014
    I may just have to do that. What I normally have in place is the gear pieces that maximize grav well since from parsing that always seems to be a major contributing factor to any DPS this ship delivers.

I don't think this gear configuration I have shown here does that but I'll need to check out what you're suggesting.
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd say the VAST majority of Fleet-level equipment and those amazing looking Sprial Beams is well beyond my means at present...I struggle to average 4-6k Dil a day(you really don't want to know how long it took me to get that one Fleet RCS Console), due, admittedly in part, to severe ADHD...focusing on anything for any meaningful length of time can give me debilitating headaches...I can -do- it...but I pay dearly for it.... :\

As I'm still unemployed, purchasing Zen and converting it to Dil is a very rare option, but still out there....

The build I'm presently running(swapped out the Proton Console for a Tac Console to increase beam damage), with the exception of the Console I just mentioned, basically throws dps out the nearest airlock in exchange for increased defensive/crowd control capabilities...lower dps means me being able to keep friends alive without drawing unwanted attention from mobs...'kill the healer', indeed! :)

I -can- peel aggro off mobs when I have to, but it's a practice I try to avoid, as it results in me burning everything I have and not being able to help friends if something goes wrong.

I'm still experimenting with various space sets and weapons mixes...the Solonae/Dyson items are likely next up for me, followed by revisiting the Nukara set, which I have all of, including the web mines...; was considering putting the Experimental Proton Beam Array in back, along with the Web Mines and Breen Transphasic Cluster Launcher for significant crowd control and single ship-buster options....

I certainly don't lack for space sets...it's one of the few things I've been able to accomplish is gather a nice collection of them, and I'm also aiming to R&D my way to an Aegis Set, eventually!

Another issue is that I really need to keep my Aux levels as high as possible; that figures heavily into my Hull HP, thanks to the way my Space Traits are set(pure defense/survivability, totally ignoring damage output)...still working on how to do that without losing any more Engine power and maneuverability. :)

Will definitely keep those build pages bookmarked, though!
    edited July 2014
    Ah my apologies then I didn't read it carefully enough.
    Have you considered the Jem Hadar 3-piece set you can earn via in-game missions? It ups your DPS pretty well and Polaron gear is pretty cheap on the Exchange. Scrounge up a little bit of Lobi and you can upgrade it from MkXI to MkXII as well.

The Fleet spire tac consoles I have listed could easily be replaced with the weapon type of your choice console for a small loss of weapon boost. Those console types aren't that expensive on the Exchange either if I recall correctly.

And personally I stopped putting a rear torpedo on my Neb and use anything else (beam, borg cutter) because even with some nice turn boost consoles it still handles like a pig.

I also believe the Tac Detection Grid provides little or no benefit in PvE. Replacing it with a console for Particle Generators would help your GravWell3 damage.
    edited July 2014
    sphinx1975 wrote: »
    Ah my apologies then I didn't read it carefully enough.
    Have you considered the Jem Hadar 3-piece set you can earn via in-game missions? It ups your DPS pretty well and Polaron gear is pretty cheap on the Exchange. Scrounge up a little bit of Lobi and you can upgrade it from MkXI to MkXII as well.

The Fleet spire tac consoles I have listed could easily be replaced with the weapon type of your choice console for a small loss of weapon boost. Those console types aren't that expensive on the Exchange either if I recall correctly.

And personally I stopped putting a rear torpedo on my Neb and use anything else (beam, borg cutter) because even with some nice turn boost consoles it still handles like a pig.

I also believe the Tac Detection Grid provides little or no benefit in PvE. Replacing it with a console for Particle Generators would help your GravWell3 damage.

I actually have the Jem set...; it's pretty solid for defense and helps on dps...it's also on the list of setups I need to run through on this ship...; was quite effective on my Mirror Star Cruiser for some time.... :D

I -have- considered replacing the TDG, as you mentioned, saving it for the day I get brave enough to try PvP(which will be half past never, most likely)...; Grav Well accounts for the vast majority of my damage, admittedly!

I've also got the Assimilated Borg set, but only the MkX version...working on upgrading to the MkXII version, but that's gonna be a long haul....

I've got quite a few weapons just banked or sitting on unused ships, waiting to be slotted in for testing...need to find some kind of balance, but still be able to do what I do best! :)

If I go with a single Torp(up front, none in back), it almost -has- to be my Gravimetric...it's proc pairs with Grav Well extremely effectively in PvE, all but shutting down smaller ships...but if you've got any other readily available suggestions, I'm open!
    edited July 2014
    Nope I would say the Gravimetric is a great torp to use.

As a SCI ship also has fewer weapon slots I also shop around for any weapons or gear that may increase my critical hit chance.
    edited July 2014
    Nope I would say the Gravimetric is a great torp to use.

As a SCI ship also has fewer weapon slots I also shop around for any weapons or gear that may increase my critical hit chance.

I'm gonna try to put the updated build up in the next day or 2, but I've had some real progress.... :)

Shifted in the 4-piece Solonae space set, and pretty much my entire weapons lineup, putting the Experimental Rom Plasma Beam array and Experimental Proton Beam Array up front with the Enhanced Biomolecular Torp(Gravimetric's reload time left me a little uncomfortable), and one of the various Biomolecular beams in back, along with the Romulan Tractor Mines and Breen Transphasic Cluster Launcher(evil combination, those latter 2).

The Consoles were a little trickier, but once my space traits are figured in, I've gotten the Chattanooga's hull up to just over 51k, nearly 12k shields, and just over 300 shield regen/6 seconds.

Still subpar dps, but solid defenses all-around, with no loss in support abilities! :D
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wow. um first I think one mk XII uncommon or rare RCS will do . add a neut armor, lose the sif. lose the shield gens and get particle gens to take advantage of you grav well and tyke. you have to ordinance boost, so i would move the PPS and hydro consoles to sci and eng, as said before, pick one energy type, and get the appropriate tac consoles,

convert the uni to tac, TT1, APB, BFAW1, TS2 if you have to have polarize hull, sacrifice one of the HEs you have epts3, which is a waste of an engi slot. move it to epts2 or 1, and the lcdr slot go dem (I would go ET EPTS DEM.

are you PVPing? if not lose the detection console.
    sig.jpg
    edited July 2014
    wow. um first I think one mk XII uncommon or rare RCS will do . add a neut armor, lose the sif. lose the shield gens and get particle gens to take advantage of you grav well and tyke. you have to ordinance boost, so i would move the PPS and hydro consoles to sci and eng, as said before, pick one energy type, and get the appropriate tac consoles,

convert the uni to tac, TT1, APB, BFAW1, TS2 if you have to have polarize hull, sacrifice one of the HEs you have epts3, which is a waste of an engi slot. move it to epts2 or 1, and the lcdr slot go dem (I would go ET EPTS DEM.

are you PVPing? if not lose the detection console.

Oh, I've no intention of ever taking my Fleet Nebula into PvP...; I tend to suck hard at PvP in any game, and all the pew-pew'ers here would probably rage me out of the room, anyway.... :\

Again, the ship's theme is Defense/Survivability at the cost of pretty much everything else, -especially- dps, with the exception of whatever I can squeeze out of Grav Well and Tyken.

The updated setup looks like this: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=chattanoogab2a_0

The Solonae set indeed boosted my Defense, all-around, and the weapons arrangement gives me -slightly- more hitting power...the tractor mine/transphasic cluster launcher combo, if timed properly, shreds small ships!

Still considering alternate BoFF setups, but leery of making the Universal slot Tac...last time I tried that, it didn't go well.... :)
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since you're already using the Rom plasma beam you could go for the complete set.
    The topredo launcher may be slow but hits really hard and the console has some nice stats.
    Here's the link from the wiki.
    edited July 2014
    Since you're already using the Rom plasma beam you could go for the complete set.
    The topredo launcher may be slow but hits really hard and the console has some nice stats.
    Here's the link from the wiki.

*reads link*

Huh...hadn't even considered that Harness...I also indeed already have the Torp Launcher in question on another ship...; let's see...I have an impressive reload time on Torps, thanks to a few DoFFs, the High-Yield version hits REALLY hard with an aoe/dot effect...I'm pretty good at bunching targets together with Grav Well....

Guess it's time to go Rom mark hunting!! :D

Still, 500 marks is gonna take awhile, New Romulus missions or otherwise...whew....
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,675 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    capemike4 wrote: »
    *reads link*

Huh...hadn't even considered that Harness...I also indeed already have the Torp Launcher in question on another ship...; let's see...I have an impressive reload time on Torps, thanks to a few DoFFs, the High-Yield version hits REALLY hard with an aoe/dot effect...I'm pretty good at bunching targets together with Grav Well....

Guess it's time to go Rom mark hunting!! :D

Still, 500 marks is gonna take awhile, New Romulus missions or otherwise...whew....

tau dewa defense (the one from mivek) nets 87 marks a whack
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Alternatively, Azure Nebula gives up to 84 on first run (with Bonus Mark package and Mark Credit token). Run it daily and you'll have what you want in 6 days with less stress and less 'grind'.
    edited July 2014
    Alternatively, Azure Nebula gives up to 84 on first run (with Bonus Mark package and Mark Credit token). Run it daily and you'll have what you want in 6 days with less stress and less 'grind'.

Yeah...; I'll work it all out, eventually...gotta admit, the Solonae set's working better than I anticipated it would...if I can someday round it out with Fleet-level stuff, I'd be good to go! :)
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since nobody mentioned it I'll say it: epohs.
    I know it takes way too long for 400 marks but once you get an epoh you just have to wait until your doff missions are done and you are free to do other stuff while you're "waiting" for it.
  • guard41guard41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love my fleet nebula, its my favorite ship to use of all my captains. Good support and it can tank great! I also get 10k dps in stfs, which is pretty nice I think :)
    edited July 2014
    Still semi-randomly experimenting with various weapons combos until I get that Harness.... :)

But, it's awfully fun utterly locking down a large ship in a stf with Grav Well, Tractor Mines, and Eject Warp Plasma, then High-Yield Torping a Rom Hyper Plasma one right down it's throat. <_<;

:D
    edited August 2014
    guard41 wrote: »
    I love my fleet nebula, its my favorite ship to use of all my captains. Good support and it can tank great! I also get 10k dps in stfs, which is pretty nice I think :)

How you accomplishing that number?
    edited August 2014
    O.k., got the Harness and swapped out one of the Sci consoles for it....

It opened a new ability tied to the Experimental Rom Beam, which I assume works like a Beam Overload tied exclusively to it...is that right? :)
    edited August 2014
    The STO wiki would seem to confirm that but also note that Beam Overload was modified in the most recent patch (see below). I've removed FAW2 from my Neb-R and replaced it with Beam Overload 2. Getting in close and smacking a Borg Cube is a fun way to get some aggro and really test your hull strength

Beam Overload:

Beam Overload attacks are now always a Critical Hit.
    Their tooltips have been updated to indicate that they always Critically Hit.

Beam Overload no longer drains Weapon Power.
    Beam Overload's base damage has been reduced by 25% under the hood.
    Its damage will be higher on average due to 100% Critical chance.

Related powers changes:
    All Power Level drain from Lance-type powers has been removed.
    For example, the Auxiliary Disruptor Array no longer drains Aux power when fired.

Damage and critical chance of all Lance-type powers remains unchanged.
  • broletarian90broletarian90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How you accomplishing that number?

I do 10-12k with this build right here.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=nebularomplas_0