What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Honourless dogs at Ker'rat

2»

Comments

• xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here, this may help you.

You are making a value judgement on another culture who may hold vastly different views on something. You are viewing through the lens of your prejudices.

Well okay, that was a pretty good quote.
    Damn Iconians. Can't argue with that. :P
    The Federation is evil and filled with horrible people because some of them have been shown in some episodes doing Really Bad Things.

We can agree on that one. :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You fought a valiant battle with courage and honor. Despite overwhelming odds you fought on and brought honor not only to yourself but to your fleet and crew. You should be thanking this warrior. He gave you a glorious death in battle. There are klingons slipping on spilled warnog and killing themselves without honor and you complain of your glorious death and place earned in Sto'Vo'Kor. You ungrateful petaQ...

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow! That is honorless! That having been said...do you really expect fair play in a situation like the one this PVP/PVE zone offers? Seriously?

Take one from the Klingons...Only a fool fights in a burning house! I didn't even know an area like this one existed until I saw your post. But I know that I would never set foot in it knowing that every little kid with a decked out ship would jump me as soon as I entered PVE combat.

Take my advice...keep your peace by keeping PVE to PVE and PVP to PVP. Ker'rat is for people who want high blood pressure.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd rather die in combat to the Borg, than fight them and have an enemy of the borg stab me in the back while I'm grappling a borg's neck... couldn't he at least wait til I've killed all the borg?
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd rather die in combat to the Borg

Maybe he wanted to safe you from honourless assimilation and granted you a quick, honourable death instead? :P
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Maybe he wanted to safe you from honourless assimilation and granted you a quick, honourable death instead? :P

Oh the borg were not going to assimilate me... I had a pack of explosives strapped to me if I was overwhelmed.
  • dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Wow! That is honorless! That having been said...do you really expect fair play in a situation like the one this PVP/PVE zone offers? Seriously?

Take one from the Klingons...Only a fool fights in a burning house! I didn't even know an area like this one existed until I saw your post. But I know that I would never set foot in it knowing that every little kid with a decked out ship would jump me as soon as I entered PVE combat.

Take my advice...keep your peace by keeping PVE to PVE and PVP to PVP. Ker'rat is for people who want high blood pressure.

My typical kerrat experience: I faw away at the borg with my fawtardboat, a klingon or three decloaks and opens fire, only to be swept away by a cloud of feds a few seconds later. Haven't been there much the last few months though.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dreadcall wrote: »
    My typical kerrat experience: I faw away at the borg with my fawtardboat, a klingon or three decloaks and opens fire, only to be swept away by a cloud of feds a few seconds later. Haven't been there much the last few months though.

Yeah, that about sums up what I would expect.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    we need a clear definition of klingon honour!

Klingon honor: "Whatever benefits me most at the moment."

You're welcome. :D
    edited July 2014
    dreadcall wrote: »

This is my usual experience too
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    more like a romulan move and a move i would use also but this is coming from a romulan :D

Actually. The Romulan thing would be to come back after getting decimated once with two more Warbirds uncloaking.

Whenever one Warbird uncloaked you can almost gurantee there are two more ready to uncloak. It's the Romulan way.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Actually. The Romulan thing would be to come back after getting decimated once with two more Warbirds uncloaking.

Whenever one Warbird uncloaked you can almost gurantee there are two more ready to uncloak. It's the Romulan way.

whoa really never saw that happen in the show man thought i had seen ever romulan EP...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2014
    Oh the borg were not going to assimilate me... I had a pack of explosives strapped to me if I was overwhelmed.

Maybe, He didn't actually kill you?

Maybe, you just had a premature detonation. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Crying, moaning and ******** about PvP in Ker'rat is the surest way to get yourself on the hit list OP. You are now #2 after a certain Jayden who shall otherwise remain nameless. Muahahahaha :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is STO. None of us have honour. ;)
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    LOL, "Honor' is not making a nice, even fight with your enemy with pretty maidens watching in the summer sun as your puppies and kittens are playing in a grass field :D

You contribute to a Klingon's honor when you're seeing the "Respawn" button ;)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    and people wonder why I stay out of Kerrat.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited July 2014
    Do they really wonder?
    I AM WAR.
  • vusixvusix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think Kor would disagree with you on that.

And also what did Worf say about victory in times of war.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    idont touch ker'rat, its without purpose these days, little point hanging about.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *sigh*
    When you enter a PvP area you should already have embraced that you:
    - might not kill another char/ship but only get killed
    - get ganked
    - get spawn camped
    - get stalked and killed when odds are at worst
    - get killed in lag
    - get killed because of disconnect
    - get killed by players with superior equipment (might or might not include P2W stuff)
    - get killed by players with bad equipment
    - get killed by all the stuff I did not cover
    - get trolled & trashtalked (no matter on win or loss)

Learn to enjoy all of this which might happen then enter PvP. Otherwise stay away (like I do :P ).
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That is PVP for you. Anything is fair game.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited July 2014
    *sigh*
    When you enter a PvP area you should already have embraced that you:
    - might not kill another char/ship but only get killed
    - get ganked
    - get spawn camped
    - get stalked and killed when odds are at worst
    - get killed in lag
    - get killed because of disconnect
    - get killed by players with superior equipment (might or might not include P2W stuff)
    - get killed by players with bad equipment
    - get killed by all the stuff I did not cover
    - get trolled & trashtalked (no matter on win or loss)

Learn to enjoy all of this which might happen then enter PvP. Otherwise stay away (like I do :P ).

Oh I've been all of that... sadly.

My only complaint is, "Hey, I'm helping you and you stab me in the back? ingrate!"
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh I've been all of that... sadly.

My only complaint is, "Hey, I'm helping you and you stab me in the back? ingrate!"

how are you helping the enemy? you killing borg dont have their side
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.