test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dooommm!! The Game is Finsihed!! Everything is Doomed Thread!!

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How exactly would you propose to "dodge" a solar flare? Should we equip our entire planet with warp-field generators to lower its inertia, and move it about with colossal rockets or something?

And the flipping of the poles will mean exactly one thing - you'll have to turn your compass around to avoid getting lost.

Now let's discuss some serious DOOOOOOOM!!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Would having music from Warhammer 40k Dawn of War stuck in my head count for Doom? Because I was even listening to it while playing STO.
    I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    to dodge metaphorically, basically look around, you have wars, race wars, religious wars, eventually, if we don't stop doing it, learn to actually plan for things like this and leave some day, and learn outside the 2-street life, none of that is going to mean much, and it will prove to be a waste of time, all of it, so yes, we need to "dodge", a solar flare some day, and avoid getting caught in the middle of what will strip off our atmosphere, by getting the **** out of here or die :D

plus you do realize the poles on a planet hold the atmosphere ON the planet right?, notice the discovery that our climate data has been falsified? that mmiiiiiiight mean a few things.

mind history people where killed for saying the earth was not flat a few hundred years ago ... for heresy ... ya ...
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Historically, no such thing happened. People have known the world was round since ancient days; the Greeks had calculated its circumference to a fair degree of precision. (Colombus was wrong, by the way; he thought the Greeks had miscalculated, that the world was only 5000 miles around, and that Cathay could be reached more quickly by sailing West than East. Had there not been an unsuspected land mass in his way, he and his crew would have been nothing more than another footnote about a failed expedition.)

It wasn't until the Fundamentalist movement in the early 20th century that the idea of "literal Biblical inerrancy" became something followed by more than a couple of backwoods hicks. Before then, nobody tried to claim the world had to be flat because the Bible never mentioned it being round. That's strictly a modern phenomenon.

And the rest of your post is equally incoherent.

Now, if you don't mind, I for one would like to return to this thread's grand tradition of mercilessly mocking those who call for the imminent demise of STO, as they have been since this game first hit open beta (if not earlier). This conversation is DOOOOOOOMED!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sorry, the only time i say much of anything is on a computer, yes, i know what you mean none of the info is new to me, there WAS a point though where people taught "flat earth doctrine" and killed over it, man is plagued with issues, and the source? from their own minds and their own agendas. even the ancient egyptians made their own gods also, and killed in THEIR name.

to round it up, point is no one wants to brush it away in time to avoid something more worth worrying about.
    and if not, i guess, we are ... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEDDD!!!!
    there, i typed it ... (and would doom STO as well as the Quick money grab tactic that makes the heuristic pattern of a dying game look real, the pattern to drain as much as possible before it withers lol)
    i like Q's metaphor, "eat, a few good books lately?"
    i like how this post was made 09-01-2013
    reads page one for accuracy and sees post 4, on 09-01-2013, 06:55 PM
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I came here by a link in the F.C.T. thread...

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
    edited July 2014
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM comes for the enemies of the Federation, Klingon Empire, and Romulan Republic!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There are so many peeps who tried to get this thread closed....

BUT

ALL THEIR ATTEMPTS

WERE

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
    edited July 2014
    The thread has fallen off the first page, as more people try to claim their own personal issues will DOOM the game.

But their attempts to overwhelm us are DOOOOOOOOOMMMMED!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited July 2014
    Forums broke for a bit.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Unable to add cookies, header already sent. Unable to add cookies, header already sent. Unable to add cookies, header already sent. Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3451

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3638

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3638

Dooooooooooooooom!

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    It wasn't until the Fundamentalist movement in the early 20th century that the idea of "literal Biblical inerrancy" became something followed by more than a couple of backwoods hicks. Before then, nobody tried to claim the world had to be flat because the Bible never mentioned it being round. That's strictly a modern phenomenon.

Actually the Bible does mention the earth is round. The earth is not flat and the Bible never says that. Here is the verse.

Isaiah 40:22a

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers.

There you go. Now onto the topic at hand, I am tired of these doom to STO threads. If you don't like it, don't play it. Simple.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Thread hasn't been on 1st page in days ... Dooooooom!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    No more doff department heads, DOOOOOMMM!!!
    edited July 2014
    sthe91... this DOOOOOM thread is actually a running joke now. More for entertainment than actual complaining.

Its DOOOOOOOOOOMED!
    :P
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you can have you light show that is all ask for making my character dance i have a item now and it is permanent so now you cant make my character dance :rolleyes: :D

and that video looks a little like name shaming at the beginning of it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thanks Nabreeki,

I appreciate my sound, logical post getting extra air time if you will.
    Keep spreading my common sense.

Are you really so bored that you are hoping to get this thread closed? lol
    That's what you want isn't it? You're hoping to be reported and cause the collapse of Doom.
    Hahaha

poor little goonie.
    edited July 2014
    civil......from you try again with that video but without post from the forums ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am going to have a brace on my hand\wrist for the next month at least...

My DPS is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, I am getting better at making money from the exchange...so my empty EC balance is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED as well!!!!

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
    edited July 2014
    Any attempts to shut down this DOOOM thread are DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited July 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I think I'll keep it as is and you can deal with it ;)

i dont have to deal with its not my name in any of the post tyvm ;) i was just pointing out you making fun of ppl in your video ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited July 2014
    Wow, some folks around here have really bad Last Word Disorder.

Your derailment is DOOOOOOOOOMED!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited July 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Wow, some folks around here have really bad Last Word Disorder.

Your derailment is DOOOOOOOOOMED!

thats the entire forums ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd say the blatant overuse of ";)" is a far more pressing concern. You people need to be careful, pull that face too much it'll stay like it.
This discussion has been closed.