test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

romulan boff duty missions

dwatt78dwatt78 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Romulan Discussion
has the rarity of these increased. I took a few months off and on 3 roms I haven't seen one is several weeks.
Post edited by dwatt78 on

Comments

• janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Might be Season "upgrade" bug. Many missions got broken. Suliban for example.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have 3 Romulan toons and I have not once seen a Romulan or Reman recruitment mission since 9.35 went live.

They were rare before, but you could normally see them around once a week at least, sometimes more. But since the update, none! And even Ally recruitment missions are way rarer.

I'm hesitant to call it a bug and report it, unless more players pipe in and say that they also haven't seen a recruitment mission recently, so hopefully this thread gets some attention.

On a side note, It's meant that there are fewer and fewer Romulan BoFF's on the exchange, and SRO's are now up past 11+ million EC each (especially female BoFF's, as usual) ...

Back to power leveling Rom's to farm for BoFF's I guess.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • neversetdrumneversetdrum Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll chime in confirming as well. I have 3 roms. 1 main on fed side, and then 1 fed and 1 klink just for farming this mission. I could usually count on my klink getting this once or twice a week. My main at least once a week. They've disappeared completely. I check hourly when I'm on at both Tau Dewa and the Command center. I haven't even gotten a regular recruitment mission for just fed aligned species either. Maybe 1 for a human on fed side. But 0 Romulan missions since the update. Hope it's just a bug with the timing. This was a good stable source of income for me, as well as allowing me to outfit my main and alts with full bridge crews. That it's rare shouldn't make any difference. I see Rare missions all the time multiple times a week for other assignments like Science and Eng and what not. It's not THAT rare, nor should it be.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i have 3 romulan toons, and i check for them every day, and and several times, but nothing, nothing. i just have had a mission for a fed science boff (not interested)
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I haven't gotten one lately either. It may have been since s9.5 dropped, but I'm almost certain I did one using the new doff UI (don't hold me to this though, it may well have been on one of my other non-Romulan characters and I'm misremembering). I've seen the allied recruitment mission come up two or three times, but no Romulan. Romulan always seemed more common than those for me, despite what others claimed about it being rare.

I don't remember ever going more than a week without getting one. I think it's bugged, I filed a ticket last night.
    edited July 2014
    I don't think it's as rare as some people make it out to be. I got these pretty regularly. Like, at least 1 on at least 1 charcter a week. But usually I would get it multiple times a week
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same. I never really thought they were rare at all. I'd even get Reman fairly regularly if I went out of my way to check on it enough. They seem to be completely nonexistent now, though.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The only way that I've gotten one this year is by leveling up a new toon.
    My Reman hasn't seen one this year.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    FYI ... This is supposedly being fixed in 14th August patch ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    edited August 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    FYI ... This is supposedly being fixed in 14th August patch ...

Just saw that. Fantastic
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any bets on how long until someone makes a thread saying it isn't really fixed because they haven't gotten this mission yet since the patch? I think I'd put the over/under at 37 hours...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • darinjaneczkodarinjaneczko Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I finally got the mission to evaluate a Romulan Tac officer at 10:30 this morning.

Hoo-rah!
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I finally got the mission to evaluate a Romulan Tac officer at 10:30 this morning. Hoo-rah!
    Yeah, I got one last night as well.

In other news, if you bet on the under, winner winner chicken dinner! I said 37 hours, and it only took 9. Guess I shouldn't underestimate the ability of people to whine. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sigh.
    My Reman hasn't seen any Romulan recruiting missions this year.
    My month old Romulan just picked up 2 more.
  • adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Has any KDF Aligned Romulan seen anyone of these BOff assignments?
    My Alien KDF aligned RRW character hasn't seen a single one since S9.5, even after the supposed "fix".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caediciuscaedicius Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I with my kdf-alignd Tac Offizier have seen one Romulan-Boff-Mission since start of 9.5 (but I must admit that I do not play so much in the past month). So it seems to me that they occur, but inded in fewer number than before.
    edited September 2014
    caedicius wrote: »
    I with my kdf-alignd Tac Offizier have seen one Romulan-Boff-Mission since start of 9.5 (but I must admit that I do not play so much in the past month). So it seems to me that they occur, but inded in fewer number than before.

They come, you just have to check back often. I cycle through my rom toons every other hour. I've received 6 of these missions since the patch went live. I have 2 separate missions running on the same character right this second. It's not as rare as you might think. Just have to keep checking it. I've made most of my money farming these. Enough to buy plasmonic 2x over, and enough fleet modules to buy 2 ships, so don't give up :)