test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So next weekend (July 31st) is Bonus Crafting Weekend

spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
You get 50% bonus XP - yeah baby!! Plus better drops from the crafting boxes!

So who is going to use the weekend to try and push their crafting faster?

Anyone going to put down the dilithium to get to 15?

Or are you just not going to bother?

P.S. What is the quickest vendor trash items - with the easiest imputs to do for the XP? (900xp per hour)

P.P.S - I wish they would add some useful items to craft at the low level - like the old system had consumables and stuff you could use. Too much to ask for this weekend though.:(
Post edited by spacebaronline on

Comments

• Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So who is going to use the weekend to try and push their crafting faster?
    I'm gonna do what I've been doing since it went live - I'm gonna log in once a day to set the daily 20hr project and then do whatever else I want, which won't be crafting related. Until they fix the leveling progression I'm not gonna engage in this system past the barest minimum I need to do in order to advance. And even that's pushing it.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice.
    Still not bothering to invest dil into finishing xp projects early though. Haven't seen anythig that's significantly better than the fleet and rep stuff so my dilithium will still find it's place there.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well... I actually might notice it if they boosted it with say... 200% or more?

This isn't worth grinding for... It's gonna make such a little difference, that it's barely worth working for, especially since they broke the multi-6000-xp project.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not going to bother.. already got my tr-116b's from the exchange.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well... I actually might notice it if they boosted it with say... 200% or more?

This isn't worth grinding for... It's gonna make such a little difference, that it's barely worth working for, especially since they broke the multi-6000-xp project.

I wouldn't might actually crafting something if it did not take 95 mouse clicks to do it. I am at level 7, and I think my crit chance is about 50%, so you can figure about 6500 each research. Not a lot, but it is something.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

P.S. What is the quickest vendor trash items - with the easiest imputs to do for the XP? (900xp per hour)
    ...(

Doesn't really seem to matter what Mk VI item you create. They all use cheap and plentiful common and uncommon materials to craft.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    <
    not this one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    pompoulusspompouluss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You bet.

Also, I've been selling my 'vendor trash' VIs on the exchange for over double the vendor price, it's still relatively dirt cheap because everybody on the exchange is apparently totally insane and puts VI ground weapons up for 500k. So if you were just going to trash them anyway, put them on the exchange for a reasonable price and make a profit.

In theory, that is what crafting is for but the problem is people have to actually do it.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wont spend a dime on advancing a lotto for OP gear
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm gonna spam queues to hopefully build up VR materials before the weekend. Then continue spamming queues during the weekend for VR materials and catalysts while crafting the higher-end marks for more XP.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking about fast tracking the torpedo school for the trait.

I'm by no means sure I will, but I'm actually thinking about it.

Urrghh - I started Projectiles and got up to level 8 now - thinking about the trait. Then I found out that you have to get to 2 million XP or Level 20!!! (unless I am wrong)
  • Options
    lexandro21lexandro21 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Meh wont matter to me, since the games bugged atm anyway and not dropping Rubidium for me. Only seen 1 rubidium drop in THREE DAYS of non stop STF action in various ques of all types.

So my crafting has ground to a halt, even though I have 50+ trellium K etc. Just because I cant get a "rare" material.
    H5jACRj.jpg

• Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wont spend a single dili on a cstore box, likely to be on sale for this event.

I also suspect the cstore boxes will be the ones to get the buff, queue boxes will remain particularly hateful.

And fix Craylon to drop in queues. Those Swedes sure know how to put in almost everything you need.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Urrghh - I started Projectiles and got up to level 8 now - thinking about the trait. Then I found out that you have to get to 2 million XP or Level 20!!! (unless I am wrong)

As I understand it, the Trait happens sooner, however. LEvel 15. Still a long way to go, but not quite as long.

The ranks beyond 15 seem primarily to exist to reduce the effects of RNG in crafting.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    pompoulusspompouluss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Right, after 15 it's pure skill level.

It's not inconceivable those levels might be needed to craft new items later, but for now everything is good to go by 15. Which is good because my understanding is those final 5 levels are absolute hell to get through.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    As I understand it, the Trait happens sooner, however. LEvel 15. Still a long way to go, but not quite as long.

The ranks beyond 15 seem primarily to exist to reduce the effects of RNG in crafting.

Well I certainly hope that is the case. I might push the crafting system faster if I can get the traits at level 15. Also - are the traits - bound to character? That would suck!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even though I don't like the new crafting. I'm still doing it some in hope they will make adjustments in the future. So I will at least won't be too behind if/when they do.

I will make use of that weekend as well. As I can get some ahead. I'm still hadn't reach level 4. So hope this will push me to the next level so I can start on a 3rd school to level. My goal is at least level 15 where I can craft XI/XII level stuff with ease. I will need it if I plan on leveling future characters. Due to the Exchange prices are ridiculous for stuff.

No I won't craft as I level them up. Since I will need the stuff at high level. And I won't pay the Dil to reduce the time.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll probably continue on as I have been. (Occasionally making Mark 6 or 8 items if I have slots open and I'm not doing anything.) I should have 4 crafting slots open on most of my characters by this weekend, which should help.
    Mostly, I've been holding onto my surprise boxes, to open them up on Friday and hopefully get some catelysts (which I'll probably sell).
  • Options
    opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm just going to keep grinding the daily xp ones. No dil investment. Going to need that for when I actually start making stuff.

I may make some lower level stuff for my alts if my 4th slot is open by then.

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    I'll probably continue on as I have been. (Occasionally making Mark 6 or 8 items if I have slots open and I'm not doing anything.) I should have 4 crafting slots open on most of my characters by this weekend, which should help.
    Mostly, I've been holding onto my surprise boxes, to open them up on Friday and hopefully get some catelysts (which I'll probably sell).

Well according to the Calendar tool-tip - there is going to be an increased chance for Catalysts to drop from the loot boxes you get from eSTF and CCE.

Although I don't think the Catalysts are all that useful until you reach level 15. Unless you sell them for EC:P
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh cr.ap, i was expecting a more interesting event instead this... :(, of course, as everybody said, i am not going to bother. Right now, i sometimes do the 20hr xp projects when i remember they are there, but thats the only thing im doing.

I guess the c-store boxes will have this boost as well. Lets expect a lot of people buying c-store R&D boxes like if they were actually lockboxes.. poor guys.. :D:P, but i guess, people who do that already have a lot of zen saved, so probably they will have as well tons of refined dilithium saved.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well I certainly hope that is the case. I might push the crafting system faster if I can get the traits at level 15. Also - are the traits - bound to character? That would suck!
    I strongly suspect that they are like reputation traits in how you get them, but that you slot them in your standard character traits (like the one from race). So if you want a trait on a second character, you need to level that character, too.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I strongly suspect that they are like reputation traits in how you get them, but that you slot them in your standard character traits (like the one from race). So if you want a trait on a second character, you need to level that character, too.

As someone with 35 toons and 10 that are "actively" used - I really hope this is not the case:(
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Will make sure get some crafting done but can't say this will particularly get me to do much more than the 20 hour ones...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    As someone with 35 toons and 10 that are "actively" used - I really hope this is not the case:(

Buy yourself a cool lockbox trait for the other 34 toons.
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    I'm gonna do what I've been doing since it went live - I'm gonna log in once a day to set the daily 20hr project and then do whatever else I want, which won't be crafting related. Until they fix the leveling progression I'm not gonna engage in this system past the barest minimum I need to do in order to advance. And even that's pushing it.

This. What else needs be said?
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well according to the Calendar tool-tip - there is going to be an increased chance for Catalysts to drop from the loot boxes you get from eSTF and CCE.

Although I don't think the Catalysts are all that useful until you reach level 15. Unless you sell them for EC:P

I thought you could only buy catalyst
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?