test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nadeon Detonator - Biomolecular Photon Torps

policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Academy
So, i didnt know if posting this in the bugs section or here. The thing is, i never used the nadeon detonator, but since i got it from a lockbox, well, i want to use it. I placed it in my bortasqu build, disruptor beams + biomolecular torps (yes i plan to use the undine set) but i dont see any torp using the nadeon detonator. Not even the first one i launch. I dunno if i am missing something or the nadeon detonator console doesnt work with biomolecular photon torpedos.

So i guess, this is my question, is the nadeon detonator working as intended, or it doesnt work with biomolecular torps?

thanks in advance.
Post edited by policestate76 on

Comments

• Options
    captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's for the most part a device. It acts independently. It will not work if you fire torps but rather all by itself.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To use the Nadeon Detonator, you need to activate it. The detonator itself is a power you add to your power tray.

If the power isn't already there, you'll need to hit the P-key while you're in space and add it to your tray manually.

Once you activate it from the tray, your next torpedo attack will utilize it. And yes, it is supposed to work with all the torpedo types, but is not affected by THY or TS that I am aware of.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To use the Nadeon Detonator, you need to activate it. The detonator itself is a power you add to your power tray.

If the power isn't already there, you'll need to hit the P-key while you're in space and add it to your tray manually.

Once you activate it from the tray, your next torpedo attack will utilize it. And yes, it is supposed to work with all the torpedo types, but is not affected by THY or TS that I am aware of.

Oh well, this explains it.

I thought it was just a console that automatically upgrades your next torp attack. I didnt have a clue you need to actually activate it lol. What a cheap way to make a device giving away a console slot..
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It adds a disable/stun effect to the next torp, at the expense of halving the damage

Its utility is kind of limited
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I think it actually shares a global cooldown with those. Oh and it doesn't work with Harghs...
    It adds a disable/stun effect to the next torp, at the expense of halving the damage

Its utility is kind of limited
    It's also an AoE effect.

I like the AoE blast it does. Granted it's situational, but well, you should try it against enemies that like fighters. :D Or in Operation gamma... hehehe
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And thats why you should read the console description. Its exactly written like THY and TS.
  • Options
    lexandro21lexandro21 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I tried to test this console out with the Bio Torp but I was unable to see if the nadeon blast wave triggered the bio proc on anything in the blast range.
    H5jACRj.jpg